News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Asian folk village

Started by toodyloo, August 22, 2019, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodyloo

I was wondering if someone/s might be interested in making asian mods.  Someone already has done some generic japanese homes and school that work. I have a few requests that I assume to be rather easy ones.  If there were some more general work buildings in a generic pagoda style theme, that could apply for any type of asian village.

1. rice crop
2. soy sauce brewery
3. dumpling vendor (possibly using storage carts)
4. kimchi station (converting wood barrels to large clay jars)
5. sushi station
6. tea house
7. fine-bone china production
8. hanbok clothing production (using silk)
9. green tea and ginseng crop
10. apothecary (uses herbs to produce toiletries like shampoos/conditioners/lotions/soaps).
11. miso production
12. tofu production

I will add more as I think of them. Thanks for any consideration.

child_of_air

What kind of Asian? Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai?

galensgranny

pazztah

These things would be great to add too:

~ramen or noodle shop
~curry
~tempura
~soy sauce
~fried rice
~kimchi
~candied haws
~dimsum
~egg tart
~durian
~coconut milk
~spring roll
~suckling pig
~takoyaki
~hot pot
~tandoori chicken
~adobo
~sake

ljhatgisdotnet

Mulberry orchards for your silk worms.

katbarf

This would be a great mod if someone could do it, so many possibilities. There's a few mods on Rimworld that added Japanese cooking, weapons, clothing and furniture that is detailed. Even has machines that husk the rice.

I like adding small communities on my map with different themes, this could be a great addition.

galensgranny

Check out Angainor's newly posted Japanese village items, minus houses, at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=610

katbarf

Angainor's village is nice, I love how detailed the cemetery is.

toodyloo

Thank you very much for all the kind replies and helpful links to updated content by all.

I noticed that there is already a lot of wonderful mods already made that can be utilized (am new player to banished game) such as camelia (green tea), soybean (ingredient for miso, soy sauce production, tofu, soymilk etc), seaweed, rice, ginger, chili, bamboo. silk, mulberry etc. They all have multitude of uses and for various types of production possibilities. All that is missing is the buildings to utilize the ingredients for asian food production and housewares/goods.

I already use the modded miso soup from CC's Soup kitchen version 3 and the DS fisherman's catch as well as all the crops and silk production buildings.

I also discovered CC's Dock and that has seafood/seaweed and rice crop and rice-wine production year-round. Also, angainor's buiildings are very beautiful and true to the period.

Some other possible buildings utilitizing existing mods:

1. Drying building for hanging fish and seaweed (when dried into sheets becomes Nori).

2. Noodle production building using wheat (or any type of flour) and water.

3. Soy sauce production using casks or barrels, soybeans, salt and water. This production
    facility would need to be year-round, not seasonal as it is a staple such as salt.

4. Kimchi production building that is a traditional courtyard setting with large clay jars they used to ferment cabbage
    (ingredients already in modded game: cabbage or radish, chili peppers, salt, leeks, oysters or fish sauce)

5. Fish sauce production using fish, salt and water. Called garum by the romans or nuoc nam by the vietnamese.

6. Stir-fry using wok and sushi-sashimi station and/or restaurant for working locals to gather and eat.

7. Japanese steakhouse like benihana. (steak from butcher, squash, rice, soy sauce)

8. Sesame oil production using sesame seeds.

9. Tofu production building using water and soybeans.

10. Soy-milk production building using soybeans and water.

11. Anchovy and shrimp as additional variant on seafood.

12. Shrimp paste production building utilizing shrimp, salt and water.

13. Thousand-year-old egg production using eggs and clay or just a quick non-fermented variant using eggs, soy sauce or
     tea. This would be a variant on western pickled eggs except it would need an asian building setting.

14. Utilize bamboo to construct buildings instead of logs (if possible but not necessary). Also use bamboo to make chopsticks
     and eating utensils (spoon and fork), dishware and housewares quickly and sustainably instead of tin, copper etc.

15. Lemonade stand using water, lemons, sugar or honey.

16. Duck or plum sauce production building using plums, water and sugar or honey.

17. Chinese BBQ spare-ribs (using any hooved animal) using plum/duck and soy sauce.

18. Mongolian or mushroom beef using beef chunks (from butcher) and soy sauce, honey and leeks or onions or mushroom.

19. Ground beef and pork as variant produced by butcher as well as spare-rib meat.

20. Dumpling or gyoza (japanese version) production using ground pork or beef, onion or ginger and flour.

21. Mochi using rice flour,  sugar and beans.

22. Fried rice using rice, eggs, and onions.

23. Mustard crop.

24. Wasabi production building (mustard and water).

25. Sushi (rice, fish or vegetable, dried seaweed, wasabi, soy sauce).

26. Ramen (noodle, egg, pork, leek or onion)

27. Fried chicken (chicken, oil, flour, herbs). Hot fried chicken (chicken, oil, flour, spices).  Spice and herb is from
      Kid1293's herb and spice mod.  Or tempura (any vegetable, seafood or meat from butcher, oil and flour).

28. Roast Duck production building with hanging ducks.

29. Roast duck (duck, ginger and plum or soy sauce). Root herbs like ginger grown in green house for space efficiency.

30. Aloe crop (greenhouse) to use in apothecary, healing and medicinal potions and to make aloe soap, lotion and shampoo.
     Also, incorporate lemons, all berries and herbs for production choices.

31. Yeast.

32. White vinegar (water, sugar, yeast). Apple cider vinegar ( water, sugar, apples, yeast).

33. Natural cleaning solution (white vinegar or lemon and water).

34. SNAIL AND CAVIAR FARM (slime production for skin cream and caviar and snails for food). 

35. Escargo (snails, butter, herbs, pottery).

36. Sodium bicarbonate mine.

37. Soda ash processing plant to produce all purpose washing detergent from sodium bicarbonate.

38. Old-school asian laundromat building.

39. Sandal production from reeds and shoes production from bamboo.

40. Water chestnut, bamboo shoots and lotus root crop. (All greenhouse or a pond or river's bank).

41. Celery crop.

42. Ginger chicken (chicken and ginger). Water chestnut, bamboo shoots, lotus root or celery optional.

43. Oyster sauce production building (oysters, water, salt, sugar and glassware).

44. Blue Crab catcher on river bank or pond.

45. Drunken Crab (blue crab, water, soy sauce, pottery). Called Gejang. Spirits, apple, pear, onions, peppers, ginger or garlic
      optional.

46. Steak tartare (ground beef or bison, eggs, onions, salt).

47.  White pepper mill.

48. Rice mill for rice flour.

49. Ice house and ice production.

50. Seasonal snow collector facility to make shaved ice with fruit flavorings from berries or fruit crops. (fruit, milk or cream,
      sugar or honey and ice).

51. Add squid, tuna, king crab and octopus to whaling ship's catch and increase workers.

52. Coconuts added to wild foods from palm type trees. This crop may
      already exist in CC or megamod in greenhouse requiring compost.

53. Coconut milk production facility (coconuts and water).

54. Turmeric root crop (greenhouse as an another herb or spice option preferable).

55. Curry house or stand (turmeric, coconut milk and meat, vegetable or seafood of choice).

56. Crushed pearls for pearl cream production (ground/crushed pearls, water and sunflower oil).

57. Garlic (for food and healing potions).

58. Cast iron production.

toodyloo

Quote from: child_of_air on October 14, 2019, 09:54:40 AM
What kind of Asian? Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai?

Pan-asian. I am trying to re-create an old world asian folk village and I don't have any specific ethnicity or culture in mind but definitely in a time period or location that was more humble and rustic in lifestyle. I would say more country folk village as well.

I don't know what time period this would be or what it would be called but my inspiration comes from several sources such as asian historical dramas and viewing some set pieces. I've narrowed it down to mostly chinese or korean historical sets as that seems to be more all encompassing in general scope as to styles that have influenced asia for most of their history.

I particularly like the korean folk style villages:

The larger or well-to-do homes often had a front courtyard that was enclosed with a gate (within the courtyard would often be large clay jars filled with several types of kimchi (cabbage, radish, cucumber etc) or various fermented soybeans for winter storage (soy sauce, miso, natto, pepper paste etc) as they had long harsh winters to get through.  They also made their own marmalades using lemon, mandarin orange, plum, asian pear etc and sugar or honey:

Chinese:

toodyloo

I want to make a peasant village vs the aristocracy or in separate sections of a map so that would require simpler, rustic and less ornate buildings.

How most people lived (peasant to lower-middle class):

How aristocracy lived (upper middle-class to upper-class):