News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New crops / orchards mods complete

Started by assobanana76, September 24, 2014, 04:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Villager

Hi boys, new crops will be good, but it's important to give other dinamics to crop field....
maybe adding irrigation or fertilization......don't you think?

asso dobbiamo un po' rompere i maroni a sti tipi visto che siamo due pippe a moddare  ;D

edit sono diego  ;)

assobanana76

Quote from: Fellow Villager on September 29, 2014, 07:12:32 AM
Hi boys, new crops will be good, but it's important to give other dinamics to crop field....
maybe adding irrigation or fertilization......don't you think?

asso dobbiamo un po' rompere i maroni a sti tipi visto che siamo due pippe a moddare  ;D

edit sono diego  ;)
how many userid are you???
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

slink

I don't think irrigation and fertilization are things we can add to the game.

RedKetchup

the amount of rain or sun doesnt even count :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Okay, I give up.  How do I get the AO rsc files to compile?  I am using Blender.  I was able to replace Lettuce.png with RedCabbage.png and LettuceLeaf.png with RedCabbageLeaf.png in the fbm file, but I could not find the AO png files listed anywhere.  I finally left the AO png files named the same, and also the rsc files except for renaming them to match the RedCabbage theme (it's obviously going to be red lettuce).  Does Blender not really edit fbx files properly?  I haven't been able to make any of the other free 3D editors that I downloaded work at all.  The most recent one cost me over 300 MB to download and apparently most of the features are disabled.  I think the list that Graphite posted isn't very useful, and I'm not willing to spend $13,000 to buy Visual Studio.   :-\

I used to be able to do simple things in an old 3D program but that was under Win 3.11.  I'm pretty sure it won't open modern fbx files.

RedKetchup

just use blank white AO files as i do

but for the crop the one provided is good for whatever crop you want to do, just copy them and named those to match your name files.

and edit the AO.rsc files to match the file names

as 3d prog i use a torrent 3ds max 2014 cracked.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I will have 3dx Max 2015 by Friday.  Now I can get rid of all of this "free" rubbish (downloaded at $10 per GB).

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 29, 2014, 04:20:23 PM
I will have 3dx Max 2015 by Friday.  Now I can get rid of all of this "free" rubbish (downloaded at $10 per GB).

How much does 3dx max cost? I downloaded Blender and installed it. When I opened it I had no idea what I was even looking at.  :-[ When I tried to load the lettuce .fbx file it told me that there was some error in the file and refused to open it. And the on-line "manual" is as confusing as the program. I used to think I wasn't stupid. Taught myself some XML and some years ago learned a bit of unix by reading the manual (that was when work got a unix system). But this has slammed me to the mat and landed on top of me.  :'(

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 29, 2014, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: slink on September 29, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

How much does 3dx max cost? I downloaded Blender and installed it. When I opened it I had no idea what I was even looking at.  :-[ When I tried to load the lettuce .fbx file it told me that there was some error in the file and refused to open it. And the on-line "manual" is as confusing as the program. I used to think I wasn't stupid. Taught myself some XML and some years ago learned a bit of unix by reading the manual (that was when work got a unix system). But this has slammed me to the mat and landed on top of me.  :'(

I got it for $3900 and some change, on Amazon, perhaps along with one year maintenance.  It is about $4200 on the manufacturer's site, so even if the maintenance part falls through, as it seems to have done for some purchasers in 2014, I am still ahead of the game.

irrelevant

$3900? $13,000?!? You are talking about software, right? :o

slink

Yes, I am talking about software.  As I recall, 3d Studio was around $1,000 twenty years ago, so $4,000 isn't a bad number.  Costs roughly double every ten years.  I consider the price of Visual Studio to be insane, however.  Probably there was a cheaper version, but I don't know if that version had the graphics capability.  I didn't stick around to find out.

Pangaea

Those prices are insane. Probably intended for commercial companies and whatnot, but with prices like that, it's no wonder people get it via other means.

slink

I considered 3dx Studio to be too expensive for me to buy for my little hobby, twenty years ago.  That is why I bought a smaller program which did what I wanted, at the time.  I can afford 3dx Max now, even though the price has quadrupled.  I don't begrudge others who get it by "other means" for their hobbies if they can't afford to buy it, but it would annoy me if the users who were companies all did that.  My copy would cost me in the hundreds of thousands of dollars if that were the case.   ;)

assobanana76

now that red is specialized with the 3d model will surely be able to create a winter cover crop!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!