News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

LOWESVILLE Brad's multi-mod fort city

Started by brads3, April 28, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

OBJECTIVE: build each individual piece of every mod in my collection.about 90 mods mostly 1.06 or before. game is 1.07 but plays as a 1.06 and a half. there is a slight texture glitch of 2 mods and several item conflicts due to the new limit tags. let's hope there isn't a game killer conflict.

map: Lowesville( here in the U.S.,there is a home improvement,construction materials and garden supply retail store named Lowes. so it fits), code 280400288,CC lake waters,CC largest map,fair,medium. disasters off.
   i like this code since the start is a long pennisula whish is good for building a landing fort to expand from. we have a mining mountain to the east and a smaller 1 to the west. both are a ways away. there is good farm ground just to the west. east is a huge forest area. south is open for a large city.
   i have attempted this challenge several times but never completed it. i either over play it due to adding new mods,finding conflicts due to mod order,etc. or i overplay it and run out of food or tools.
mods in order top down: maritime riffle,CC light rain,CC no smoke,stop burning coal,no wild ducks,poper time 1.1,better schools,residence fix,more stone,more wood,one stop mine,unlimited mining,safer mines,forget about orchards,immortal trees,season fx,renewable resources,vegetable garden,small wood house,adraina's library,ketchup,winery,debug,bakery plus,bakers&millers,tjorko mill,blacksmith tools,pine set,nat div,statue plus,my precious,domestic animal fix,storage crates,CC compatible buildings,compatibility 1.07,tropical greenhouse,NMT 2.04, training camp,CC 1.75 journey,oil press,crystal cliffs,maritime storage,garden walls,garden wall utility,wood butcher,red creamery,mini mod,DS stone hovels,DS village,rowhouse,fountain lite,tiny, forest outpost,workplace,mission,country house,plymouth plantation,nordic houses,nordic wood house,red cottage,nordic school,colonial houses,market foods,irrelevants barns,market puzzle,yard cover, wild west,birch canoe,washing mod,tool shed,city roads,decor crates,decor plants,flyfishing,lighthouse,isee fire,plymouth house,z masher,emporium,fruit & veg barn,grassy roads,izba,new trees,snug house,nordic wharehouse,adriana's college,coverings,old hunter hut,sjgl markets,specialized storage,storage shed,picket fence,

starting with the mini mod set and using the tent houses this game will start slow.this game did start me with wheat and potatoes. i have not had nomads yet either.as nomads show up i will use them to expand to new areas.  year 1 was spent getting the fields cleared,the mini mod set.(the hunter and gatherer will wait for the forest expansion). added a lookout tower for protection and the food boost. year 2 focused on the barracks and stockpiling logs.year 3 small market to give added storage. later this will help keep the fort supplied.yr 4 was spent on protection-towers and 2 gates.

Nilla

Here you have something before you! Every building of 90 mods? That will take some time. What is, if you also say you are only allowed to build one of each? That would be a real challenge. ;) I hope we will see some screenshots the next time! :)

brads3

NILLA i have like 4 pics but am having trouble loading them.i keep timing out and it disconnects me from the site even. ideas?

Nilla

How big are the pictures? The screenshots you make are .bmp and huge. I use to load them in paint and save them as a much smaller .jpg. But sometimes also these smaller pictures don't work. In that case, just wait and it will work later.

Abandoned

@brads3 , welcome to the blogs.  You are very brave using all those mods at one time.  Glad to see you got some pics posted.  That is the way I do the pics,  open the screenshot in paint to save as jpg.  It takes some thinking to give a descriptive name so the pics appear in the correct order.  I also type my chapter offline on Wordpad then copy paste here to avoid posting problem.  Hope all goes well.  :)

brads3

thanks for the help. the intent is to build at least 1 of each building or decoration of every mod.not all mods are buildings though.some are just start settings. yes it can be a project.there is more now than when i tried this before. it is easy to get confused as to what has been used already too.probly have to do a nice lark somewhere and a zoo to be sure i got all the decorations.normally by now i would have nomads and either used them to cross a bridge or get herbs started.
    i will try to keep most of the sets together but that only works so far. i didn't use the mini hunter,gather,and herbalist yet. with CC i have iron ore instead of iron so i have to be picky on the blacksmiths. i start with stone tools and work my way up. that has been my pet peave that the BS mod doesn't override all the blacksmiths below it.

Abandoned

@brads3 my last try with cc that went pretty well, I used that iron is iron mod which I really liked.  I just hope they come out with more separate parts.  I really liked the native Americans, the deco vegetables and animals, and those old buildings, and others.  Didn't get to try many terrains or starts, liked the sound of the birds too.  I don't think I would risk starting a story with the full cc mod and have it freeze up part way through.  But at least now I will recognize most of what you show us here.  :)

brads3

the problem with the INDAIN start is they don;t like settlers. i lost a lot of bannies trying to collect arrowheads. i don't like the fort so close to the indians either.the different starts don't work with the new mods either so hopefully CC splits out some more start setups.

Abandoned

@brads3 I will have to keep that in mind if cc gives us separate start mod.  I used cc medium start and the native American buildings from journey and the Build Monument mod, once I got an artifact from the riverboat merchant, then I got arrowhead to upgrade teepee's and longhouses, deco with totem pole and buffalo.  Will be first story I do if we get those mods separate.  Those starts do look interesting, like shipwreck. I haven't updated game yet and can't keep up with new mods now LOL

brads3

a work strike by the bannies and now that the bridges are built hopefully i will get some nomad indians. never saw them go on strike just because a gate was closed.
   rebuilt the closed gate. added 2 markets to help supply logs,ore,etc.cemetary built across the east bridge.2 children grew up and became a herbalist and a teacher.the dock herb grower is very handy for start areas since it grows the herbs itself.
     10 years,FINALLY have nomads. took way longer than normal.these 4 can work the mini forest with some FO. houses.they have slowed down my expansion considerably.their dog watches the students and hangs near the blacksmith.the 2 cats are busy chasing mice from our wheat and the FO barn.

ran this another 10 years to yr 15. with these mini houses and lack of nomads this has been very slow.now that a female is 16,i built another rowhouse.during the warm months, the bannies work to clear land for future farming across the west bridge.
  as governor ,i do wish the INDIANS had taught these bannies how to tan beaver hides. the lodges are destroyed yet the beavers come back. they eat well and don't leave much to forage inside the fort.

pic 1 is the forest parts of the mini mod.note how the area isn't filled in with trees due to the NAT DIV mod.
pic 2 you can see the dock herbalist between the small mnarket and the start of the rowhouses.the industrial market is handy for storing logs,stone,etc.saves walking back to the main pile. these markets won't store thatch.whenever a bannie picks up thatch, they carry everything they have back to the main pile.at the moment this isn't bad since they will burn it.i do disagree with 1 thatch bundle=1 firewood log though.
pic 3  4 more beaver lodges.

brads3

year 16, a conference was called to debate where the 5 new settlers would be the most help.the blacksmith and woodcutter wanted someone to gether logs and stone. others wanted them to trap the beavers.a trading post was also discussed.could we find a compromise?
   herline decided to give up her rowhouse. she and ollie would build to the west and continue to clear land so grass would grow for their horses.once the trees were cut,ollie would start trapping beavers and rabbits. foxes also had been spotted along the river banks.jacky wanting to visit her son and meet the other people as well would deliver goods to the market.
   in spring of yr 17,the horse fence and a well was started.by fall,more houses were built for the older children.since all were male,2 rowhouses and 1 across the river to help clear rocks was planned.a grinder was built, jacky would grind the surplus wheat.

pic 1 fodder farm with extra storage.still a few trees left to clear.
pic 2 horse stable,planned house,foxes and rabbits.
  pic 3 more rowhouses and grinder. still new beaver lodges.

brads3

spring of yr 18,ollie will start trapping.the wood chopper will be busier now that there are more houses.the INDIANS would stop gathering and hunt deer til fall to build our leather stocks.

the boys spent most of the winter sending smoke signals in hopes of finding some lost INDIAN girls.once the snow melted off,Orrey went riding the horses every day searching for anyone he might find.a barn was added near the stables for whatever he might scavenge in his travels.bridges were built over the fEsterar creek to aid his travels.
   start of year 20.the cemetary relaims empty. with only 2 sets of nomads our population grows very slowly.we are now using more food than being produced each year.now that the trapper is dealing with the beavers, we are able to gather food south of the fort.we are still burning thatch from last year but our firewood reserve is low. we have the logs but they arrn't being moved to the fort fast enough. everyone has ideas for new projects but we need more workers.for now 1 worker will help move the logs and the others will gather food.

pic 1: new bridges,orrey's barn and house.
pic 2:beaver trapper and fodder growing.

brads3

the bison have moved on and the deer have hide farther in the forests.even with all our laborers gathering,our food supply continued to drop. a greenhouse was built to grow strawberry plants. ORREY had found a patch while riding the horses.he said there was no sign of anyone else around,not even an old stone firepit.even though worms cost us a potato crop,we would have food through the winter.
  Telle the youngest Indian daughter volunteered to skip the schooling and start gathering roots from the forest.with her coving the east, the gatherers would push father west in search of food during the warm months.after finishing school Esterlin,the oldest Indian son,moved deeper into the forest in search of more deer.
   while everyone was busy helping get the old hunter cabin built,the oldest Indian daughter moved in with orrey.she claimed it was because the walk to school was shorter.it really wasn't that much shorter.
    at the annual meeting start of year 22, everyone seemed hopeful. the accomplished projects the last 2 years would rebuild our food stocks. the bison herd had returned as well.Orrey and Jade got looks since the water was missing.there was no more wheat to grind,which will free up another worker. everyone was excited to see spring and confident it would be a good year.with them all in a cheerful mood,now was the time to build my office.
   just as construction began on my office,Orrey rode up on his horse with a dozen Indain nomads.They were following the bison herd and lost sight of them during a spring rainstorm.my office will have to wait.
    these Indians were very useful and taught us much.1 family picked the flowers from the meadow. later they said we could make perfumes.they always told us to always leave enough blossums for the bees and honey.Olly and Herline were glad for the help weeding the meadow.hopefully that will mean more fodder too.
      another family went to be near Esterlin. they told of making a sugary drink from the trees. they had a wagon of apples and would plant them as well.

it was odd watching everyone cheer as the bison left us that fall. the hope was they would return with more nomads again.
  the joke the spring of year 23 was that my office would have to wait longer. we had grown so much now we needed a bigger school. the Indians still living in the barracks talked of building 1 near the forest so the students would learn both cultures. in the meantime construction still had to be finished on the maple tower and more housing.
  by fall everyone had their own houses. a tiny wood cutter was added near the Indian school. the Indians would teach how ro chop wood faster,hopefully.

pic 3:  florist and beekeeper in the fodder meadow. straw berry greenhouse across the road
pic 4:  forest construction continues. the large gathering hut will be a quick boost to the food. it will take several years for the maple forest to produce much sap and apples.
pic 5: the new school being taught by the Indians.

Abandoned

Your story is moving right along, high speed.  Those fodder fields of Red's look really nice.