News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Firewood low

Started by suzuki, January 12, 2015, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzuki

I have some trouble getting enough firewood. Have 6 wood cutters now og 4 forester huts. (6 wood cutters + 16 foresters)

I think the reason is that my houses are all wooden houses instead of stone houses.

Anyone had the same feeling?

Also notice trading with firewood, sometimes I get 3 per firewood, sometimes 4 per firewood.

borreh1973

Choosing to build stone houses because villagers use less firewood in winter to heat. This may solving the problem. I think.

RedKetchup

there is alot of difference in firewood between all wood houses and all stone houses.

i really recommand you to never build more than your first 5-6 wood house at  the begining and then build exclusively stone houses thenafter.
and transfert (upgrade) the wooden in stone around your 4th-6th years when time and stock allow you to do.

they cheap, fast and economic to build, but cost alot for all the following years.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

@suzuki -- How large is your town, and how fast are you trying to grow?  Are the woodcutters and foresters educated?  It sounds like it's the log production that's limiting you, not the firewood cutting.  Also, you can really increase production rates by having the foresters and woodcutters not have to travel too far to drop off and pick up resources.

The decision on what firewood is worth in trading is made by the trader ... some types of merchants will value firewood at 4, others (food I think) at only three.

suzuki

@salamander. At moment around year 20 with around 150 people. Yes I've got 2 schools so most is educated now. But lately also accepted quite a few nomads, these come uneducated, at least the elder.

Your advice on travel distance probably also a good idea, also I've added more stock piles.

I've played along a bit more now, trying to switch to stone houses. The situation is getting better on the firewood part, but now it's low stone issue :)
I guess this is part of the balancing part or Banished, newer rest and think it will flow smoothly.

Haven't tested mods yet , still don't need them to have fun.