News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

TPs on streams have always worked just like TPs on the river. The big trick is finding a spot on a stream where you actually can build one.

rkelly17

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 18, 2015, 07:19:59 AM
woooooat? since when can trader swim little rivers? someone here said they only can come big rivers and lakes that are connected to big rivers:0

Merchants also have the "ability" to row through narrow mud flats to get into lakes that visually do not quite connect to the river--I suspect it is a diagonal row of land squares which only touch at the corners but visually appear more solid.

Trizeropz

do you have a screenshot of that? would like to see something like that:)

irrelevant

So @Trizeropz I see in your screenshot that you are demolishing cemeteries and taverns. I assume the cemeteries will be replaced with housing--and a hospital or two would be a good idea ;D ;)

What are you planning to replace the taverns with? More choppers? Cause I actually was considering doing that, same size and all. Less food to buy that way, but also less trade value to use.

Trizeropz

your village is much better than mine dude. seriously. i am just surprised about the number of your woodcutter:o built some more instead of stock piles. i changed now many things to 'late game'...
here you have a good overview:

and yeah. a hospital is urgently needed^^

irrelevant

Another thing I have done that you may wish to consider is adding another farmer to each field. There isn't really a need for so many laborers now, and the extra farmer is "insurance" against the game assigning farmers that live on the other side of the map.

Trizeropz

ouh i forgot that. good you said that:
btw your village got some nomads

irrelevant

That's the same time I got the batch of 549 that I turned down on reply #259 on page 18. Wish I had gotten your batch instead, I would have taken them and been close to being done!  ;D ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 18, 2015, 09:12:21 AM
your village is much better than mine dude. seriously.

Thanks! I'm quite fond of this town. :D

irrelevant

Trizeropz

i think you can do it. be patient and do it. you should get the 'most nomads and live' as well;)

irrelevant

So having learned a couple of things from my friend @Trizeropz, I have decided to go back a few years to Year 70, and work on pushing Sink Mill to pop 7000. I won't be posting much cause it is boring as hell. ;) :D

Nilla

It's not so boring. I want to see your progress and also know what you have changed.

Good luck. I'm sure you will make it.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on May 06, 2015, 03:50:52 AM
Good luck. I'm sure you will make it.
@Nilla Lol, I wish I was  ;D

Back to year 70, pop ~4300

Here's what I'm going to do differently:
1) Demolish chapels and cemeteries, replace with housing. When you demolish a cemetery, the walls get torn down right away, but the graves still decay as normally, they just are not replaced with new ones. Tearing out a cemetery takes years.
2) Replace some (many?) barns with schools and housing
3) Replace some (many?) stockpiles with choppers and housing
4) In my pop 6000 town I demolished the pastures and replaced them with wood houses starting in year 70 and finishing up ~year 75. To reach 7000 I will need to keep the pastures longer. The mutton and wool production is important. I'll have to squeeze another 200-300 houses into this town somehow before I do that.
5) I just turned a group of nomads away. The next batch is the one that I originally accepted that put me over 6000 (and brought smallpox). I'll need to turn that one away as well, and wait for the one after. That means 9-11 more years.  :P
6) As I have no mods, grow only beans and wheat. That's the next thing I have to do, go through 306 farms one by one ::)

Sink Mill is seriously handicapped by having only 31 TPs. I have found a spot where I can build one more, but that will be it.