News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I am sure you did the right thing.

Not only because of the education, I am quite sure, in that situation; as you have so many more families than houses, the nomads bring no real population growth! They move into the houses, where otherwise your educated young adults would have moved into => They must wait longer and when they move out they will have less children.

You can see this very clear in the graph.

I took the nomads; the population growth (tangent of the graph) fell for a while. If I hadn´t taken the nomads, the population would have bin the same after a few year (orange line). The difference - better educated.

I only take nomads if i am prepared for them (free houses or none of my original population will move into the ones I will start to build) or if I need workforce or just fast a big population.

RedKetchup

hehe sorry , i didnt got time to see your post. i was totally 100% into making a bugfix for my creamery :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 11, 2014, 04:10:34 AM
I am sure you did the right thing.

Not only because of the education, I am quite sure, in that situation; as you have so many more families than houses, the nomads bring no real population growth! They move into the houses, where otherwise your educated young adults would have moved into => They must wait longer and when they move out they will have less children.

You can see this very clear in the graph.

I took the nomads; the population growth (tangent of the graph) fell for a while. If I hadn´t taken the nomads, the population would have bin the same after a few year (orange line). The difference - better educated.

I only take nomads if i am prepared for them (free houses or none of my original population will move into the ones I will start to build) or if I need workforce or just fast a big population.

@Nilla Thanks for sharing that, that's very interesting. I would not have thought of that, but it makes sense. I definitely will remember that.
@RedKetchup NP, I know you've got a plateful just now. :)

irrelevant

Early Winter 62 - pop 3396

Entering the final push, have laid out most of the rest of the map, and starting to convert farms to housing.

In the past 5 years I've built 216 stone houses (20% of my total) and have 24 more under construction, with maybe 60 more laid out.

Screen 1 - the far southwest corner is coming along slowly. Builders commuting from BFE really slows things down. The houses there have lots of builders in them, but they don't seem to be working locally. Maybe I should just cease any and all construction except for down here.

Screen 2 - South Central (it's upside-down, couldn't get it all in the frame otherwise)

Screen 3 & 4 - the last remaining unplanned bits.

RedKetchup

hehe not alot of space left :)
after , just let the houses fill with 3 children each :)

irrelevant

That's the plan!  :D Oh, plus that batch of 900 nomads to put me over the top  ;)

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Standard 15x8 farm urbanization

Modified 12x10 farm urbanization (barn replacing 2 houses)

irrelevant

Screen 1 - South Central progress

Screen 2 - Southwest progress, slow. as. molasses.

irrelevant

"Oh dear, Rosevelyn has Yellow Fever; do you think we should go inside the hospital to idle, or just stand out here within range?"

Idiots  >:(

RedKetchup

but... but... but.... Rosevelyn she our good friend ! we cant let her there like that ! we care !

irrelevant

As soon as I'm done with this town, I'm going to start using @RedKetchup Fences™  ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 14, 2014, 08:59:10 PM
"Oh dear, Rosevelyn has Yellow Fever; do you think we should go inside the hospital to idle, or just stand out here within range?"

Idiots  >:(

Exactly.

But remember, there is hope for ending the insanity: @RedKetchup's hospital mod.

irrelevant

Yeah @rkelly17 , but you don't have to go inside the hospital to catch whatever contagion those inside are infected with. Seems like no matter where you put your roads, the wheelbarrow battalion will find a shortcut that takes them right past the hospital, even though they have to walk round on a mountain side. That's what the fences are for!

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 15, 2014, 11:25:40 AM
Yeah @rkelly17 , but you don't have to go inside the hospital to catch whatever contagion those inside are infected with. Seems like no matter where you put your roads, the wheelbarrow battalion will find a shortcut that takes them right past the hospital, even though they have to walk round on a mountain side. That's what the fences are for!

Too, too true. It is so hard to find a spot for a hospital that is off of all traffic routes. I'm doing a town right noe with a "flat land" map which only has mountains around the edge of the map. You'll never guess where I'm putting all the hospitals.  ;D

I started this before @RedKetchup did the "remove happiness from the hospital" mod, so the little devils still go all the way out to the edge of the map to idle at or in the hospital.  >:( I just had a mumps outbreak where patient 0 got to a remote hospital without infecting anyone. Almost immediately 4 more people got the mumps in and around the hospital.  >:(  >:(