News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Late Spring 70 - pop 4265

I was afraid this would happen. Too few, too soon.  :( >:( Very disappointing. :-\

They've been coming every 5 years or so. Didn't really want to go that much longer (and it could be 7, 8, who knows how many years). But I'm determined to top @RedKetchup in nomads, even if it's just for one day, like last time  ;D I'll never have another better chance than this town; never going for pop like this again, it's too painful.

irrelevant

@Nilla Am I insane for continuing to make coats and tools? Including what I have in TPs, I've got 20,600 iron tools, 5400 steel tools, 26,500 wool coats and 3700 warm coats.

I use the iron tools to buy steel tools and iron. I use the wool coats to buy warm coats and wool.

Occasionally I use them to buy food, when there isn't sufficient ale in a TP to buy all that the food merchant has brought.

I expect to finally put this town aside in 8 years, possibly less.

Anyone?

irrelevant

Late Winter 70 - pop 4405

Converting sheep into mutton, pastures into housing tracts. This one needed a market.

This will be the final housing project I think, gradually changing all these pastures into wooden houses until I reach 5000.

RedKetchup

i remember that last 1000 pop was extremly painful ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

It's the damn merchants! The game slows to a crawl when they are on the map. And then there's the trading.... ::)

RedKetchup

it s 1 to 2 hrs of play for 1 year of game ^^

it s when you get that pop you learn that the game is meant to be played at 1x ^^

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 20, 2014, 08:05:01 PM
it s 1 to 2 hrs of play for 1 year of game ^^

it s when you get that pop you learn that the game is meant to be played at 1x ^^
I can do 2x, but yeah, an hour or two. I want that big batch of nomads!  But what I'd have to go through to get them :P

irrelevant

Late Summer 71 - Now there's something I never had happen, ran out of classroom space. Forty-three schools wasn't enough. Children now are entering the workforce as uneducated laborers at age ten.

I just ran out of places to put schools. Guess I should have built more of them as I was expanding. At the time it seemed like I was building crazy amounts of schools. But I didn't consider that I would have to come back through and urbanize agricultural areas. Local pop got way more dense and the schools filled up.

Also have some 25-year-old female students, married, living in houses. But they won't have children til they graduate. That's another sign I wasn't building enough schools, long student commutes.

Wow, I blew through 4500 pop and didn't even notice! That happened fast.

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on September 20, 2014, 08:46:58 PM
Also have some 25-year-old female students, married, living in houses. But they won't have children til they graduate. That's another sign I wasn't building enough schools, long student commutes.

Wow, I blew through 4500 pop and didn't even notice! That happened fast.

Interesting! Is long commuting to their school the reason people can stay in school for so long? I thought it was random.

Well done and congratulations with 4500 :)

RedKetchup

haha school things happended to me like 3 times ^^
grats on 4500 :)

of course your town will be more healthy than mine, i didnt passed like 2 months on it ^^

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on September 20, 2014, 10:44:34 AM
@Nilla Am I insane for continuing to make coats and tools? Including what I have in TPs, I've got 20,600 iron tools, 5400 steel tools, 26,500 wool coats and 3700 warm coats.

I use the iron tools to buy steel tools and iron. I use the wool coats to buy warm coats and wool.

Occasionally I use them to buy food, when there isn't sufficient ale in a TP to buy all that the food merchant has brought.

I expect to finally put this town aside in 8 years, possibly less.

Anyone?

You are all but insane.

If you build a trading economy on tools, clothing and ale on a small and even a medium map (but there I am not so sure) or if you have a goal to make 2000 peps, yes than I think it isn´t the most efficient way. But with the logistics on a big map, going for the 5000 I think it is wise to have more than "two legs".

irrelevant

Thanks for your input @Nilla. Also, since we spoke of it some days ago, I wanted to update coat and tool production numbers. Last year produced 7226 tools at 55 smiths avg ~131, 7046 coats @53 tailors avg ~133. Why the average has improved so much over a few years back, I cannot say.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 20, 2014, 10:18:37 PM
haha school things happended to me like 3 times ^^
grats on 4500 :)

of course your town will be more healthy than mine, i didnt passed like 2 months on it ^^

Thanks Red

Six weeks ;) Yes I still can't comprehend how you built that town in just 9 days. Do you even sleep?  ;D

irrelevant

Quote from: Pangaea on September 20, 2014, 09:59:53 PM

Interesting! Is long commuting to their school the reason people can stay in school for so long? I thought it was random.

Well done and congratulations with 4500 :)

@Pangaea Thanks!

No, if a student attends a school directly next to where she lives, she can graduate when she turns 16. So, education takes 5 years of school, and to that you add how much time is spent walking back and forth. Normally it isn't so much but in a town like this it can be.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 21, 2014, 07:19:50 AM

Thanks Red

Six weeks ;) Yes I still can't comprehend how you built that town in just 9 days. Do you even sleep?  ;D

i had to hurry lol
imagine, i would still be there and not MOD'ing p ^^