Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Yep. Smallpox is brutal. But it was certainly exciting! ;D

irrelevant

Spring 75 - 1 case, in hospital - pop 5000  8)

irrelevant

Crashed out  >:( Had to revert to a 25-minute-old auto save. ::)

irrelevant

Late Summer 75 - pop 5167

Important safety tip - never, ever accept nomads into a crowded town.

Harvest has begun. Back to business as usual. This is a tough town; don't screw with Sink Mill.

I'd say this is the end for Sink Mill. It's been a fun ride.

Pangaea

Could be a baby boom now, with presumably many fresh couples in new houses, so could still be possible to push to 6000.

Think I would have been mortified had that happened to me after putting in so many hours in one save. Thankfully it worked out okay in the end, despite all those deaths. How did you keep on top of that btw? They must have been dropping like flies.

assobanana76

I saw the thread now !!
oh god !! 5,000 people ??
I struggle to get to 100 !!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

oh small pox, worse than yellow fever (I read that other thread first)

But anyhow: This is Banished.

This is also a thing I love about Banished: that such things might happen and that you could survive it and fight through it.

(to be true I really don´t like that fire-harmless-making- patch, much funnier at the beginning and from an historical point of view, it was much more correct. Here in Sweden all old towns I know of, had some major city-destruction-fires. Our town from the 16th century had 3)

And @irrelevant you are the master builder, not only the one of "dogged persistence". Your way of building - ought to be a raw-model for us all!!!!!

irrelevant

Quote from: Pangaea on September 24, 2014, 12:40:03 AM
How did you keep on top of that btw? They must have been dropping like flies.

I didn't; there was nothing to do, I just watched.

Yes, they were. Lots of bonging :)

irrelevant

@Nilla thank you, but I'm really not. I'm just a technician executing a plan. There are others on here who are real artists, one of those being you. And if everyone built like me, it would really be boring. Even I don't want to build like me, after these last three towns!  ;) I'm going to have to do something different (still Banished, though).

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on September 24, 2014, 04:44:05 AM
@Nilla thank you, but I'm really not. I'm just a technician executing a plan. There are others on here who are real artists, one of those being you. And if everyone built like me, it would really be boring. Even I don't want to build like me, after these last three towns!  ;) I'm going to have to do something different (still Banished, though).
to do something different you should do a triple somersault and build a mountain community of 50 people !!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on September 24, 2014, 04:37:41 AM
Quote from: Pangaea on September 24, 2014, 12:40:03 AM
How did you keep on top of that btw? They must have been dropping like flies.

I didn't; there was nothing to do, I just watched.

Yes, they were. Lots of bonging :)

Oh sorry, I meant how did you manage to count how many died of smallpox? People would still be born so a case of population then - now wouldn't really do.

It was 5795 in an earlier screenshot btw, so a little higher than 5787 ;)

irrelevant

I counted the bongs while watching the events window; I subtracted one every time someone died from something else. I wasn't trying to do anything else at the same time, and I paused often, so it wasn't so hard.

So the count certainly isn't perfect, but it's close enough.

irrelevant

Quote from: Pangaea on September 24, 2014, 08:42:37 AM
It was 5795 in an earlier screenshot btw, so a little higher than 5787 ;)

Ha! I didn't notice.

RedKetchup

well there was alot of 'suspence' :) at least , you survived it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

One of the new bug fixes. Will it apply to this town as well?

* Roads will now always draw roads no matter how many there are on the terrain.