News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Griftwood

Started by brads3, December 16, 2020, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 8

a middle aged couple arrived in spring.they were quite surprised to find us.  we assured them that no one here was sick.we kept a safe distance and pointed to the quarantine area. we had to make hand gestures of food and fire.they looked quite tired and finally nodded.they must have found our note that we had left at the med tent.the couple set up the tent and inspected the supplies.they could gather firewood and food nearby.we would keep clear of them.now and then someone would leave more apples and other food in a basket between the 2 bridges for them.

since that area was now off limits to us, we needed a bridge across the river. we will need more logs and stone. a guard bridge will allow us to keep watch for anyone else. we certainly don't want anyone infecting us now.

merchants stop now and then but never with goods that we need. with more and more towns being infected ,less is being produced. the merchants always want supplies but are having trouble finding any to trade.  there  were rumors of some recovering from the sickness with different medicines. seems other towns tried it and the medicine didn't work.even those who survived aren't as healthy as before.the merchants shake their heads as this means it will be a long time before there are many supplies for them to trade.some merchants have gave up and went looking for towns that might not have any sickness.this merchant said he thought of heading far south. at least it would be warmer for him and his family.

pic 1:quarantined couple
pic 2: guard bridge across the river

brads3

YEAR 9

it has been a year. i walked over to the quarantined couple. we had kept an eye on them and never seen them cough or wipe their noses. the couple had left their town after their parents had died from the sickness. they never expected to find anyone this deep into the mountains. the 2 thanked us for the food and supplies.

since they were not sick,we all decided the 2 could stay. the Indians said we needed someone to replant trees. apples will grow and produce well onn the hillsides and maples will near the streams. a pine cabin and maple forester will be planted across the river.the couple will fish the river and plant  the trees. this should mean more squirrels for the trapper.

pic- maple forester

Abandoned

@brads3    I hope you will take Kid's advice and return to your own style of blog instead of my style of storytelling series. You have repeatedly "borrowed" my style, my format, my ideas, my phrases like the seasonal reference that winter came early. I built a turkey roost by an apple tree, you build a garden by an apple tree. Not to mention like now the reasons for leaving or going to a town. I strive to vary my references and terminology so as not to be repetitious, only to find them repeated in your blog.  Here you have gone too far by even having infringed on my storyline regarding the unknown disease while my story is in progress. You do not even have disasters enabled.  It is not acceptable for you or anyone else to be copying from my stories. I trust it will not happen again.

brads3

i was not trying to copy you. there is no Christmas buildings built. the pandemic affects everyone, so yeah i suppose many of the players would have done a map that way. i mixed a story in now and then before. none of the bannies in this map have any sickness . they have fled from it.

i am sorry if you are so senesitive to think i am stealing something from you. this is a game. a poster asked about the thatch roof houses,so i was actually working to build more houses with thatch styled roofs. there are several in different mods.

you win. i will close this map and stop posting. 

galensgranny

@brads3 , I quit my story a long time ago due to a comment by a certain person, but now I wish I hadn't.  Of course you will have contagious sickness on your mind since it is all around us in the real world!   I like reading your blog and posts.

banishedsanni

You should have talked about this via private msgs first before going public. Maybe things could have been resolved in a different way.

It is a pity that this blog ended like this.

brads3

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO all the blog fans over the years. i have decided to move the series blog off of WOB. after checking on a few sites,i think i have found  a good home for the blog. so yes the series will continue. am quite anxious and excited to get it started.

https://www.banishedventures.com/

maybe some of you will stop by now and then and say hi.

Abandoned

Keep in mind @brads3 that no matter where you post, you may not copy anything that has been written in my stories without permission, It is plagiarism.  I don't believe anyone wants plagiarism on their site.

Plagiarism =  to pass off ideas or words of another as one's own without giving credit to the source. 

Plagiarism = literary theft - to present as new or original, an idea or product from an existing source. 

brads3

wow, i chose to leave peacefully but i can see even that  is not allowed.  you choose to attack me still. for what using the English language? words apple tree and winter was enough to upset you. i don't even read your blog. i quiickly scroll thru the pics to see what the new mods are and how they were going to function.so no i am not and have not been working to copy anyone.

attacking me on xmas eve was beyond rude. are you too stupid to realize everything about Banished is copying? you copied LUKE'S game. you have mods,those are made to be shared by players. which is what this site was about. the way you attack me, it is wrong to copy anything. so technically a colonial building is a copy from CC. a grain mill is a copy of someone else's idea long ago. and words like winter coming early or an apple tree is Language. are we suppose to stop using words? are you insane? your atack is laugable.

you make as much sence as a 5yr old trying to tell others not to play in the dirt cause YOU do. that is ridiculous.

galensgranny

@Abandoned, just cut it out!  You are being a bully, and it is totally unacceptable.  Brad did not plagiarize.  You don't even really understand what plagiarism is.  But even so, your several digs at him when you get the chance are just flat out wrong.  I sure hope you stop this behavior.  Going by your thinking, YOU plagiarized many writers.  Other people through out the years have written the phrases, "Winter came early", and "apple tree". 

@brads3  I am sorry things are like this.  I will be stopping by Banished Ventures to visit you, and Tom. 

Abandoned

It is unacceptable to be defending wrong doing.  I know and brads3 knows how many times in the past he has "borrowed" from my stories.  For your information planting by an apple tree as an explanation for apple tree being in a Kid Farmyard is copying. Please read more carefully before making accusations, it is unacceptable.  I too am sorry brads3 chose to copy and I am sorry I did not call it to his attention every time over the years.

Enough said.

kid1293

I miss the good old times when we all copied to our heart's delight.
Never between ourselves, but from 'those others'. The unity on this
site is slowly melting away. Too bad.

@brads3 - I will miss your stories here.
@galensgranny - I miss your comforting posts.
@Abandoned - I miss your fun and let-go attitude.

2021 - Not even Luke had thought of this. We all bring with us
what we have in our baggage. Some things are the same. We trade,
and we sometimes 'borrow'. As a modder, I know!

Let's all raise a toast for the year 2020 that we like to forget!
We meet somewhere, in peace, in 2021! :) :) :)

Kristahfer

Yes @kid1293 2021 is hear now, raise your glass and toast to the future. Remember what they say about water under the bridge.

Let's close out this conversation.

theonlywanderer

Plagiarism?   LMFAO!   Pretty sure nobody is getting paid for their stories on here so there really isn't any kind of copyright infringement possible.

I'd like to see a link to any passages that were directly copied and pasted.

Somebody needs to deflate their ego.

Am I the only one around here that still knows Banished is just a game?

brads3

just a quick update since players have asked about adding mods with the CC J. since moving the series, i did a 2nd Landing Fort map and an Indian map to showcase the many Indian mods. am currently working on a map that takes all nomads.

i have been working on tweaking the mod order to fix some minor issues. the new mod order combines RK EC,DS IND,and CC along with many others. so it has 3 of the large or main mods added.

stop by and check the map blogs out-https://www.banishedventures.com/