News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Changing event probability?

Started by Alycya, September 08, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alycya

I've scoured the resource files and can't find anywhere that allows me to change the likelihood of certain events happening.

I've found an "Events" section in the StringTable.rsc file with dialogue for a couple of events I want to increase the likelihood of - death from childbirth and child death - to add a bit more realism and balance to my combined mod to lower school age and increase family size.

The string table entry gives each event a number, as in this one for death in childbirth:

{ String _name = "Event6";   String _text = "@0 @1: @2 the @3 died during child birth."; }

However, I can't find a file anywhere that actually sets the parameters for these events - they're not in the citizen.rsc template file, or in the professions.rsc .game file where the death rates for given professions are set, and I can't find an "events" file except those that create the event log window.

Any ideas? Or is this likely to be hard coded and unchangeable?

solarscreen

Quote from: Alycya on September 08, 2014, 02:42:50 AM
I've scoured the resource files and can't find anywhere that allows me to change the likelihood of certain events happening.

I've found an "Events" section in the StringTable.rsc file with dialogue for a couple of events I want to increase the likelihood of - death from childbirth and child death - to add a bit more realism and balance to my combined mod to lower school age and increase family size.

The string table entry gives each event a number, as in this one for death in childbirth:

{ String _name = "Event6";   String _text = "@0 @1: @2 the @3 died during child birth."; }

However, I can't find a file anywhere that actually sets the parameters for these events - they're not in the citizen.rsc template file, or in the professions.rsc .game file where the death rates for given professions are set, and I can't find an "events" file except those that create the event log window.

Any ideas? Or is this likely to be hard coded and unchangeable?

Some may be hard coded, but I have seen the diseases info posted up here on WOB and you can change the incidence and probabilities for all of them. 
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Alycya

Quote from: solarscreen on September 08, 2014, 05:27:35 AM
Some may be hard coded, but I have seen the diseases info posted up here on WOB and you can change the incidence and probabilities for all of them. 

Thanks for the reply! I found the diseases ones (they're in a folder called diseases, which is very helpful!), but nothing about these ones. The event section of the string table also had text for tornadoes, fire and death by old age in the same group. The old age one is easy to change as it's in the citizen.rsc file but I can't find the others :( I've looked for an events file and a disasters one, but with no luck.