News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: Japan

Started by angainor88, December 30, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@angainor88 Very nice japanese garden style. I personally prefer a
lighter ground made of lighter pebbles  or other lighter ground- this is just my opinion - it can create 2 variations for players who prefer dark or lighter surfaces - it depends only on you.

taniu

I send interesting facts about Japanese gardens - and photos of examples, only for viewing - taken by photographers, Stephane D'Alu - Photo by Stephane D'Alu, Jeremy Reding from Seattle, USA - Portland Japanese Garden 2010, Paweł Turtoń - Own work
Japanese garden (Japanese ... Two basic styles of gardens are TSUKIYAMA with small hills, stones symbolizing mountains, ponds imitating the sea and lakes, and KARESANSUI - a style of a dry garden with gravel depicting water, boulders imagining islands and hacked sand imitating waves imitating them.
An essential element in a classic Japanese garden is water - it brings life and movement to it. Flowing water enlivens and moves the garden, giving it the impression of a lively, natural landscape.Greetings

taniu

Materials in the Japanese-style garden:

stone: slate, sandstone, granite,
wood, rattan, bamboo,
sand, gravel.

A wonderful garden full of stones, mossy boulders, gravel and a pond at the Adahi Museum of Art in Japan. This is an example of the beautiful harmony of nature through art
Japanese style stones. plants. moss, gravel

these are just examples but maybe you add something, it only depends on you and it is a beautiful project - @ angainor88. Greetings

angainor88

Hi @taniu! I may add some more deco stuff to those mods later. I want to make pieces so that people can make their own gardens, rather than have one set garden they put down. Which makes some things difficult...

Right now I am working on production buildings, the latest of which is the miso shed, for all your miso fermenting needs.

angainor88

Finished up the house that will be the basis for silk production, the Gassho farmhouse. Traditionally silkworms were raised on the upper stories of one of these houses, but I can't make the bannies multitask, so I will build a second building that goes with these to produce the silk.

taniu

@angainor88 ;D Thank you for the answer, I am very happy that you will add some elements to Japanese gardens. I like the last buildings are great - I don't know what production you will run? rice fermentation? or something else ? adds a few curiosities
1.Kiyochika Kobayashi (1847–1915), Inn at the foot of Mount Hakone serving ama-zake (sweet sake), 1881
Japan, 1881 Alternate Title: Hakone san toge amazakeya haru no hi gogo rokuji Prints; woodcuts Color woodblock print Gift of Carl Holmes (M.71.100.67) Japanese Art
2.Sugitama (also: sugidama, sakabayashi) - a ball made of twigs of Japanese cedar (sugi), traditionally hung under the eaves of the entrance to the sake factory; on the right a tanuki with a bottle, which represents: virtue, advantage, value
Bernard Gagnon - Own work
Sake brewery, Takayama, Gifu Prefecture, Japan

Greetings ;D

angainor88

Hello @taniu!

The rice fermentation is the second thing I've done haha! There's a picture back on the first page of the thread.

The gassho farmhouse is a house, but I am doing additional building attachments, one for silk making one for storage.

taniu

@angainor88  ;D I asked you about other fermentation - I mean "Miso Shed" building - maybe I misunderstood? what is this building for - what exactly is it supposed to produce? I have suggestions - maybe you will be interested? Soy is popural in Japan - Soy and its fermented products are very popular : - Miso and natto-fermented soy products.
Miso-Is a paste obtained from soy, rice, barley or a mixture of these ingredients fermented with koji (Aspergillus oryzae).
Natto -It has been known in Japan for over 400 years. This product is obtained by fermenting soybeans by one of the Bacillus subtilis strains, more widely known under the old name Bacillus natto.
IsTofu - soy cheese -It is produced by coagulating soy milk.
Generally - Japanese cuisine is associated primarily with rice, sushi, green tea and fish.
In recent years, other dishes and products, including miso, natto, shiitake mushrooms and sea algae such as nori and wakame, have also gained popularity.
Greetings ;) :-\

angainor88

Ah, sorry I thought you were talking about the farmhouse. Yes, the miso shed takes soybeans and ferments them into miso! I really like miso myself, though it's very salty.

taniu

huyle

a japan mod cant be completed without an anime monument!!

angainor88

The next pieces go with the Gassho farmhouse, though they don't necessarily need to be attached. The Gassho Silk Shed makes silk, and the Gassho Kura is a storage building.

galensgranny

Your new buildings look great!

angainor88

Now for the blacksmith, the Tataraba Forge!

angainor88

And now for the tailor, the Nara tailor is complete. It makes all the vanilla clothing options, but also makes kimonos out of silk