News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Slink's No More Seeds

Started by slink, October 06, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

This mod was written for Pangaea, and turns off the seed and livestock merchants.  It also removes the seeds from the general merchant.  So far there have been no problems using it with an existing save.

Pangaea

This is working excellently, great job @slink, thanks a lot :) But thought I'd just mention that I noticed a General Goods merchant showed up with seeds. No big deal as he brings other stuff too.

I've now run this mod for quite a few years, so 20-25 boats must have showed up (I have 4 trading OPs), and no sight of any problem so far. Also tried to save and re-load and that worked, so it seems to not cause instability. It's actually tempting to use it for the 'main' save...

slink

Oops, I just noticed that I had removed the comment markers on that part of the general merchants.  I had considered adding livestock in place of the crops and orchards, in case your livestock died, but then I changed my mind or perhaps a shiny object went by.  At any rate, it isn't removed in the code, as you have detected through testing.  Would you like me to change the seeds to livestock, or remove them completely, or leave it as is?

Pangaea

It's not a big problem as it is, as this will only happen (I think) for merchants you haven't set orders for, but if you are to change it, I'd prefer if they never brought animals or seeds, even the general goods merchant. I would only use this mod when I have all the animals and seeds I need, so at that point I'm not really interested in getting them again.

slink

I don't know if it updated the posted one or not, so here it is again.  I didn't bother to change the version number since it now corresponds to its description.

Pangaea

Finally got a General Goods merchant without orders now, and it seems to work now :) Didn't bring any seeds, and can't order any either. Good work!  :D

JamieIdle

How do you get seeds and livestock if they are turned off?

Pangaea

The idea isn't to turn them off from the very beginning, so you can still get seeds and livestock. But after you have gotten all the livestock and seeds, there is no reason for these merchants to keep visiting your town (and they do ~50% of the time), so at that point you can introduce this mod. I did it like that in my current game, and there were no issues.

Think it conflicts with at least one of the merchants crash fixes, however, so if you use one, it may not work so well. I don't know.

JamieIdle

Ah, so you have to turn this mod on mid game to get rid of them. That makes sense. The code isn't flexible enough to do this dynamically :/