News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Needmore -- transitioning to NMT

Started by irrelevant, July 30, 2015, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

The purpose of this town will be to explore transitioning from a vanilla start to a NMT town. I don't really like the idea of going NMT from the start, as the buildings are too advanced, and they use too many resources. So I'm going to start this town as I normally do, and when it seems right to me, to switch to using NMT.

This is the third time I've started with this map, the others being Quatre Bras, and a third, much earlier town, which I did not blog. I really like this map because of the huge amount of surface stone it gives you.

Year 1 - standard start, in order, school, farms, hunter, forester near hunter, forester in woods, gatherer, house, and footprints for market, chopper, and smith.

Year 2 - builds are two houses, woodcutter, roads, and a tiny barn.

Year 3 - smith, tailor, and two houses. A second view shows production.

irrelevant

Year 5 - two more houses each year, TP, another tiny barn, a farm stand (I love these)

Year 6 - two houses, another hunter

Year 9 - two houses each year, beginnings of a new village at the trading center, another farm, another forester, an herbalist, and finally a market.

irrelevant

Year 11 - two houses each year, a second TP, woodchopper, herbalist, and another forester.

Year 13 - finally a town hall, a hospital, another gatherer, two more farms, and the first bridge over the river

irrelevant

Year 16 - the NMT village is begun with a hardware store and a general store. Expansion across the river, a third TP, and a kickass fisher on the lake.

irrelevant

Year 18 - the first six-pack NMT specialized markets is complete. Pie center. Sheep. Cross-river development.

Nilla

@irrelevant, my friend! I see you cannot live without many barns!  ;D

I want to see what's in there.

I predict; with the specialized markets, they will be empty most of the time.

I look forward to see how this settlement develops!

irrelevant

@Nilla you're right, not much in those barns. For sure not building any more barns close to the NMT village. I still think they are necessary for collecting food from hunters, fishers, gatherers, and farms. Just cause they are empty doesn't mean they don't get used.  ;)

One thing about the specialized markets does concern me a little bit, and that is their huge capacity. The six of them there have total capacity of 120,000, and they will not share with other markets. The only workaround I have come up with is taking away their vendors, but that introduces another layer of micromanagement. Sooner or later I will need to put the vendors back to work, which isn't so easy to do, as those markets are difficult to click on when they get fully built up ;D

As an example of the problem, the vanilla market there has zero apples, despite the fact that I have bought 4-5 thousand of them. The NMT fruit market sucked them all up. I was going to build a tavern on that market, but now I think that will be a difficult location.

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on July 31, 2015, 09:17:32 AM
@Nilla you're right, not much in those barns. For sure not building any more barns close to the NMT village. I still think they are necessary for collecting food from hunters, fishers, gatherers, and farms. Just cause they are empty doesn't mean they don't get used.  ;)

One thing about the specialized markets does concern me a little bit, and that is their huge capacity. The six of them there have total capacity of 120,000, and they will not share with other markets. The only workaround I have come up with is taking away their vendors, but that introduces another layer of micromanagement. Sooner or later I will need to put the vendors back to work, which isn't so easy to do, as those markets are difficult to click on when they get fully built up ;D

As an example of the problem, the vanilla market there has zero apples, despite the fact that I have bought 4-5 thousand of them. The NMT fruit market sucked them all up. I was going to build a tavern on that market, but now I think that will be a difficult location.

I know that the barns are used for short term storage, but if you have some meat markets, you will not need 3 small barns close to each other beside the fishing dock, not even the wee ones!  ;)

I know these problems with the big stores. As you know, I have played with these markets for a while. You have to change game strategy a bit, and also be careful with these markets and not build too many. Always have in mind that vendors don't steal from each other. If something lands in one market, it stays there until it is used. The stuff is not carried around, like if you use normal markets and barns. This make the markets interesting.

irrelevant

Just saw that even with the vendors fired, the traders take their stuff straight from the TP to the specialized NMT market, even though there is other storage that is closer. ::) Course, that has nothing to do with NMT, I've seen that happen before. But I was hoping....

irrelevant

Year 25 - pop 188 (an uneducated town would be at ~400)

Pretty town, I think. Just gradually building up production, getting ready to expand across the river, four more TPs and another set of markets.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on July 31, 2015, 05:15:00 PM
Just saw that even with the vendors fired, the traders take their stuff straight from the TP to the specialized NMT market, even though there is other storage that is closer. ::) Course, that has nothing to do with NMT, I've seen that happen before. But I was hoping....

He, he, I see we have the same ideas.  ;D

I tried that, too. Same outcome.

And I agree with you both; as always, a pretty town, I'm looking forward for more. :)

Herrbear

Thank you for sharing your town. How do you keep 4 TP's supplied?

irrelevant

Thanks!

@Herrbear   I keep a variety of items in TPs for trade. Firewood, ale, coats, tools, mushrooms, fish, herbs, pies, venison, mutton.

I aim at trading away every mushroom I harvest, they take up 4x storage space of other food. I produce huge amounts of venison, I trade it away for nuts. I trade coats for wool and (occasionally) leather. I trade iron tools for iron and for carbon steel tools. Firewood, ale, and pies are the main trade items, I use them for everything.

If I hit a production limit, often instead of raising the limit I will just bump up my stock of that item in the TPs.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 02, 2015, 08:17:25 AM
I keep a variety of items in TPs for trade. Firewood, ale, coats, tools, mushrooms, fish, herbs, pies, venison, mutton.

I produce huge amounts of venison, I trade it away for nuts.

euh..
why do you trade your venison and mutton ? you should not !
you should use the butcheries and process to roast and lamb chop and then sell these
you gain 100%
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .