News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question: object's weight

Started by dmax, February 18, 2019, 04:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmax

Hello everyone, i'm sorry for my bad english. It's first time that i try to create my personal mod, but i have a question for this: how does the weight affect the citizens' work? If I create a mod where I change the amount of resources, I have to change their weight too? For example, if i change wood (log) from 2 (not educated) and 3 (educated) to 4 and 6 and one wood's weight is 11, i need to change into 6 or 8 (for example) it's weight? If yes, why? Weight's venison is 1, but their production is 160 and 200, citizens move 160 or 200 kg in one transport? I don't think so. Thanks

RedKetchup

you dont have to touch the weight. weight are for each unit. thats the amount of space taking from storage which is in weight value.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

dmax

Ok, Thanks RedKetchup. I ask this, because in some old description mods it's say that increase the number of the resource (stone or wood, for example) and decrease their weight.

brads3

weight would change how much of the item the bannies could carry.it would change storage capacity too. so half the weight would mean the bannies carry twice as much and a barn that stored 100 logs would store 200. in the case of a more wood mod being wrote with this idea,the bannies would clear land faster. since you increased the wood per tree,they would need more time to carry logs to storage.changing the weight would speed that back up. theory says you would clear the same space in the same amount of time but get double logs.whereas just increasing the logs would take longer than vanilla. that of course is without any other mod affecting things.

i always like when my vendors do the pickuop for the laborers.the laborers would cut everything down. the vendor would come haul it all back with his wheel barrow.

RedKetchup

maybe it is a good thing to have many vendor / traders with their 500 weight to go idle and make laborer's jobs :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yes and no. not all vendors from different markets act the same. i think there are mysteries hidden in the vendor part of the coding.some we haven't figured out and some i think hidden by LUKE.

dmax

Ok, thanks to both for the answers and explanation. For my mod and my games, I try don't touch the weight, i'll build more stock pile and storage barns near the food and resources production buildings, i'll build a market in a strategic area/location and I'll try to always have vendors/traders or laborers as workers.