News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request: smaller Hunting Cabin building

Started by Yandersen, January 13, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yandersen

Hi, guys!
Returned to playing after long time, made a few runs and got unhappy with some of the vanilla buildings. The Hunting Cabin in particular. Considering the building itself serves no purpose except for setting an area radius where hunters go, I don't understand why the model has to be so huge. So I found strange that noone made a smaller version to replace the vanilla's one. Probably there are, but as part of bigger mods. I am sure it could look perfect as a tower-like cabin with 2x2 footprint (4x4 including the road tiles):
or
Does anybody feel like it could be a good idea for a little stand-alone mod?

P.S.: Go Hunting mod seem to be close as a solution, but the mark spot get easily lost in the woods. I think a tall building model like on the pics above would serve as a better solution.

estherhb

Have you tried kid1293's Forest Outpost? I think it has what you want :)

brads3

RED's hunting cabin has 2 sides.same as vanilla but 1 half is a house.plus the pine mod or mini mod or.......many options. those towers in your pics are similar to the pine mod foresters.

Maldrick

Quote from: estherhb on January 13, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Have you tried kid1293's Forest Outpost? I think it has what you want :)

Ya, have a look at Forest Outpost.  Makes quick and efficient work of the usual forestry nodes with a smaller overall footprint.  Maritimes Pines, too, but it's heavily modded in other ways that may or may not fit what you are looking for.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yandersen

Can't find "RED's hunting cabin" - maybe it is a part of some bigger mod? Love his little chapel though - a must-have thingy just like a storage shed, tiny mine, tiny quarry and a chop wood. Those I always include in my games. A tiny market is good, but feels slightly cheaty - too much capacity for such a small size. I wish it be 8x8 size (10x10 including road) making it compatible with a 2x2 house blocks grid.

You know, it is a good approach to have a few building size options (small/medium/large) so that Banished doesn't turn into a tetris puzzle-fitting game for OCD people like me who MUST place building tightly enough to not leave any empty tiles in a building blocks.  :)  As for the Forest Outpost, it includes more than I want - I don't like my UI cluttered with options I do not use.

Thanks for suggestions though.  :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1510.msg28890#msg28890
    it is the old hunter hut.

for markets there are several options.KID's market puzzle,EB's 1.07 set.you might want to look at 1.06 market mods as well. since they don't store the new items,the vendor concentrates on the needed items.this is an advantage. the market isn't stocked with the new items.they move what the bannies need,food,herbs,clothing,etc. there is SLINK's small market set,a general store. these will go under the storage icon since they are 1.06 mods.
     experimenting with different mods,you will find more good stuff.if the mod doesn't fit you,you can always take them back out.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .