News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@grammycat thank you so much for the link with the full version of that poem.  I wonder if the author is connected to the Gurney Seed & Nursery C

@kid1293 whatever1

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on May 01, 2017, 03:05:38 AMAnd yes, I agree that Banished does not put too much strain on modern computers. I have a constant 144 fps (with Vertical Sync - else I have several hundreds)

meh... on my laptop I'm already happy if I get 40... declining when a trader enters the map...  ???

Still, I agree that on unique buildings (that are normally only built once on a map) you can splurge a bit...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Does a russian handbuilt unorthodox church count? :)
I hope it will come out nice, (only sketching now) and that
it will have it's followers.

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 01, 2017, 02:47:06 PM

Does a russian handbuilt unorthodox church count? :)
I hope it will come out nice, (only sketching now) and that
it will have it's followers.
@kid1293 It will indeed, I think it's excellent, and I'm not blowing smoke.  It is fit for purpose, it's iconic, it's wood, it looks great, and it suits the request of a few of us here.

In other news ...  I have reached out to @embx61 privately and explained my request for a Chapel (or church without a cross) and to why it was/is important to me, and it's not about being politically correct.  Embx has written to me with a lovely reply, and I know his comment was not directed at me, and I am thankful I hadn't offended him.  :)  Thank you for being a gentleman.

Further, I won't get drawn into a religious debate, I won't preach to others about my beliefs, I won't cross the line into proselytism, so I will leave it as this:  I would simply like a couple of buildings without crosses, that fit the Banished requirements of a "Church", (Luke, if reading this, I believe you need to overhaul that requirement - into a broader sense :) ) I thought the happy middle would be a stone and a log Chapel, that fit the small forestry outposts, Inspired by the places I have been and the people I have met. 
There are any number of mods that have churches included in them, with large crosses, so I don't see any harm in asking for 2 that don't.

For now I will ignore the comments on religion and focus back on to the request itself.   

Please, @kid1293 if you so see fit, may you please make @tanypredator's suggestion, or similar in wood, I love my stone Chapel so far :)   And I apologise if my posts have swayed your topic, I meant no offence to you. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

What I thought today is that it can be made with F-variants - with and without cross (and even other signs, if anyone want :) ). But I'm Ok with any decision.

embx61

It take a good deal of crap to offend me that easily @QueryEverything  :)

This is my last post on the matter as it only misdirect Kids thread.

I was just a bit too soon in replying and had not read the whole thread before replying. I thought it had something to do with political correctness to not add a cross so made my comment. Lesson learned, first read a bit more in a thread before replying.  :-[

All is good now in banished land and as I said before. I will play any church mod (If I ever play because of all the modding) with or without a cross.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

seriously LOL @kid1293 there's a lot to be said for Might and Magic  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on May 02, 2017, 06:48:40 AM

lol dont makes me pull out the Might and Magic meshes and put in Banished !!!! ^^ lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: tanypredator on May 01, 2017, 09:50:58 PM
What I thought today is that it can be made with F-variants - with and without cross (and even other signs, if anyone want :) ). But I'm Ok with any decision.

Yes, I couldn't agree more :)  Options, options, options :D

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 02, 2017, 07:23:19 AM
Quote from: Abandoned on May 02, 2017, 06:48:40 AM

lol dont makes me pull out the Might and Magic meshes and put in Banished !!!! ^^ lol

I don't think it would take much though to tempt you :)  An Easter Egg, if you will :)
Sneak one into a mod, randomly and see who finds it first :D :D :D

Now, @kid1293 back to you :)
And, I know you said (maybe??) no more covers ...  hahaha
I was thinking about a 2x4 for the Tiny Deep Forest workers?  The hunter is fine, they have a hunting tower, but the gatherer and herbalist have very little shade ...  In the Summer I need to provide them with sunscreen as it is, now I have to offer them warmth for Winter, when they don't even work?!?  Oi! 
I just tried using the 3x2 and it didn't work as well as I'd hoped, and the 5x2 is a little off as well ...  that said though ....

Wait .... Thinking .... 

I can make it work, oddly with a 5x2 and add in an additional storage unit to make the 6x2 layout (In the forests I use x2 where I can), and it doesn't look too bad at all.  :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Do you like the model of the cover as it is?
Or should it be something just for forest outpost?
I will test and show you. 2x4

In the meantime back at the lumberyard they are desperate for more logs.
They say I have taken a years supply just to build a church!  ::)

Seriously, it has been fun trying to make this work.
A tiny version of the church @tanypredator showed me.

I modelled and far into it I realized I made the anteroom 6-sided.
It should have been 8. But that's for bigger churches.  :D
I took away half of the building and 1-2 floors and well...

I think it works, even without a cross.  ;)

QueryEverything

I really like it :) 
A couple of things sprang to mind @kid1293 , cos I'm juvenile ... 
They'd make a mean Lego block; and I think I must've left my cake topper out ...  BUT - I'm like that with anything with a dome, and I mean absolutely no disrespect at all II do hope you get a chuckle from it :D ), my first reaction was genuinely - that is really cool
We don't have may rounded buildings in game (Discrepancy does, but, not all modders are rounded). 
I can certainly see that being built in the forest, I'd best put Mother Tree to work and pick up more logs!! 

And re the covering, I'm happy with the variances that are there now, but, if you can match the same wood roofing texture as the workshop? Perhaps even change the direction of the grain, so rather than to the left/right, have it as an option come out front/back ?  Just ideas, nothing firm :)  I've loaded a screen with them all in it.
I think maybe even the roof from the stone chapel would make a nice cover.

You can also see that there are a lot of 2x X mods as well, so an even number shelter would be tremendously useful :D

embx61

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

We don't have may rounded buildings in game (Discrepancy does, but, not all modders are rounded). 

What? :)  :P

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

Maybe we should make Banished in a Minecraft version.  ;D

@QueryEverything -  that will make a lot of f-key roofs!
I can substitute the current thatch for forest outpost thatch.
Make a seamless texture of stone chapel
Add a 2x2 and a 4x2.
Make storage ghosted.

@Abandoned - I tried to add the 'happy' rooftiles but they didn't tile.
I will try again this afternoon (it's 9am now)
And yes, I have added 2 more textures to Vegetable Garden.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 02, 2017, 11:57:01 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

What? :)  :P

@embx61 I had to quote you, just for the repic value :)
Smurf dome city perhaps?  (Grow up Query, ahahahaha )

Looks good though :)

@kid1293 That all sounds excellent and very reasonable, thank you very much :) 
I hope my screenshots gave you inspiration, I haven't post this many screenshots in ...  forever on here! 
I've shotbombed a few threads today, have a wander around :D 
i hope you liked the Pastures though, that was the prettiest I did for the camera :D

kid1293

Yes, I like the pastures. (Though I am not an outdoor animal) :)

When I made the storage ghosted you can decorate every pasture.
Don't forget screenshots!