News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Old Fishing Village - Story 80

Started by Abandoned, April 30, 2022, 05:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Chapter 11

By autumn of that 5th year, a beehive was set up behind the smoker.  The smoke would keep the bees from stinging the people, the heat would help the bees survive the winter, and the small awning would protect the hive from snow.  We would have a steadier supply of honey than what we were collecting from the hedgerow and the wild.  It was suggested that we build a tavern and brew some honey mead. 

It was also suggested that we just clear out those old ruins and build a tavern there but the weathered wood we scavenged from those old ruins have saved a lot trees and would continue to do so for some time.  We found there was just enough room nearby next to the woodcutter to built the tavern.  It was built entirely of weathered wood and blend into the town perfectly.  We ended the year with a visit from Hermo, the seed merchant, and with mugs of honey mead at the tavern.

Abandoned

Chapter 12

Hermo, the seed merchant, had only cabbage seed with him which we didn't need.  He took our order for wheat seeds and said it would not be a problem if we traded for them with one of the other merchants if they returned before he did.  Weather permitting, we began clearing a small field over by our boat dock. 

Then it was spring, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the scent of the lilacs filled the air.  The seeds we ordered came and were planted when the lilacs were in full bloom.  The fishermen went out between noon and 3:00 to fish for crappies. 

Our diet here in our Old Fishing Village still consisted mainly of fish and smoke fish, but we now have crab, duck, rabbit meat, and venison.  There are plenty of fruits and vegetables, plus herb bread, fruit jam, mead and wine.  Our 62 citizens are all happy and healthy in spring of year 6.

Have a nice spring, weary traveler.

The End

kid1293

Kristahfer

Very nice.
Thanks to both of you.
I look forward to these posts, wondering what will be next.

Abandoned

taniu

@Abandoned ;D ;D ;D Cool story - thanks. I love spring, I like when nature wakes up - it is beautiful and colorful. Have a nice rest on this spring day. I was thinking about creating a new story - maybe - spring village, flower production and cultivation, herb cultivation, forest production - maybe little elves or fairies, that's just my brief idea, what will you say? Unfortunately, I do not have such a creative talent as Ladies . Regards

Abandoned

;D  @taniu  It is a beautiful spring day here today but cool and a little rain.  Everything is very green  :)  I say your idea for a spring village story with flower production is very good one.  I'm sure we would all enjoy reading your story and seeing pictures of your village.  :)