News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 114

THE experiment was to build watermills along the far north canal.it depended on the water running below the ground that far.and then if the game would leave the deep voids if the canal pieces were destroyed.the water does not go that far so i will have to find a different spot for several mills.
      i also have a builder problem. they are busy stuck doing some of the production piles and garden decor pieces for the indians.i adjusted some outputs to help supply them ,but even with 50 builders i had none working on the canals.now i adjusted to 100 builders.we do manage to get the supply store and some marsh houses built.

brads3

YEAR 115 REVIEW

population 1891;1377 adult,227 students,287 children in 451 houses with 97% educated.since the 100 year mark,we have grown by 247 bannies and 41 houses.having 100 builders hopefully we can speed things up.
       we did complete the tour throughout the land.we cleared a lot of regrowth and added many decorations along the way.we have many villages and towns.the bannies will be busy with the canals and rowhouses for a few years.to the far northwest will go all the many churches.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: 5 yr production
pic 3: inventory

brads3

YEAR 115-116

it takes all year to get the supply markets and housing built.we conitue digging canals and adding storage sheds. to help ease the burden of firewood away from the needed logs,we decide to float logs across the lake and use reeds as well.
         by fall of year 116,the 8X colonial textured canal comes to life with some added decorations.with supplies routed to here we should be able to build more next year.

pic 1: supply markets
pic 2: 8X colonial textured canal

brads3

YEAR 117-120

it takes time to clear and dig through this mountain.we add a small market to move more supplies and food.a NMT mill is planned closer to the lake.with the 8X colonial canal finished,we will downsize to a 6X set.

pic 1: snall market picnin area
pic 2: NMT stone mill
pic 3:start of 6X canal
pic 4 6x fishig dock

Abandoned

Hi Brad, that canal looks very nice, I like the bridges and storage units.  It needs a few ducks.   ;D

brads3

hahaha unfortunately i have a mod conflict that lowers the outputs of my duck hunters.i thought i had it fixed but in trying to fix KID's icons the lil' gremlin came back.dang migration i guess.

brads3

YEAR 120-122

took about 5yrs to build the 1st canal.we increased population by over 60 and added 17 houses.we send 2 workers to the canal trading post. this will bring in more food and keep the canl workers supplied.

by winter,we have enough land cleared and flattened to begin work on a community. a school and office and rowhouse mini houses are already awaiting building supplies. the 6X trader is completed and moving goods.
       in year 121, we add a med clinic several houses.we expand the trading post and begin a long southern canal extension.

pic 1: yr120 stats
pic 2: 6x dig out
pic 3: grain mills
pic 4:trade port with added cranes

brads3

YEAR 122-124

i spend a year adjusting the trading posts as the boats come in.some posts are specific about what they will trade

out.since our food reserve has dropped while working on the canals,i need to increase shipments.
       we work to take the canal 2 directions. the 8x NMT teture to the west and the 6x NMT south from the junction.to

help move the goods from the traders.we add a market puzzle square and a more storage.

pic 1:canal town center
pic 2:market puzzle plaza and swan tavern

brads3

YEAR 124

i had to rebuild 1 section of the 8X canal.for some reason the bannies left a mound of dirt across by the trader.with the 6X i plan to build some mills along it.it will work nicely on the penninsula between the 2 lakes.
         we have a very bad outbreak of influenza that won't go away. it lasts all year and many have died from it.

pic 1: 8x NMT canal large port and market square
pic 2: 6x NMT canal milltown area. this should help supply firewood.

RedKetchup

cant wait you rather use the new living water canal instead ^^ they have alot less terraforming bugs
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 125 REVIEW

population 2002;1543 adult,162 students,297 children with 99% educated in 482 houses.in 10 years of digging the canals, we have grown by just over 100 bannies and 31 houses.our food reserve has dropped by about 145,000. with all our trading,we maintain but the reserve is much lower than hoped.
    apparently,the greenhouse chain maxed out and has slowed the outputs.i did check them and increased the misc limits before.must be i checked it when it was functioning.our silk chain is over-producing mulberry leaf.even with the trade push our texile limit is maxed.the silk is used at the fort and our silver output slows that chain down.that is 1 of the chains that gives less outputs than resources it uses.silver is being used at the shipyard as well.i made several adjustments and raised limits.i also push extra stocks to the trade posts for storage.
        we need to complete 2 canals and do the 4x NMT textured.then the NMT mod will be finished.we continue with KID's RH houses and shed mods.soon we will be to the far northwest corner and begin to build the churches.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: 5 yr production
pic 3: inventory

brads3

YEAR 125-127

WOW,the canals have taken time to excavate and build.there has been a lot of dirt and rocks moved in 10 years.by now, our doctors have finally got control of the influenza outbreak.everyone should feel better and return to work.we add 2 CC waterwheel mills to the 6x canal.1 for firewood and 1 for barley.a driftwood finder supplies it.2 reed growers will feed a bundler.

pic 1:CC waterwheel mills and driftwood scavenger
pic 2: NMT textured 8x canal corner with more RH's

brads3

YEAR 127-129

we have had several disease ourbreaks.one clears up and within a few months the next starts. went through TB,diptheria,and dysentary.we lost so many during the TB outbreak that all our cemetaries are full.
          though work has been slow,we add a small market and nordic wharehouse to the west to help stock supplies for the future church area.we finish all but 1 of KID's storage shed sets.we add more rowhouses and crop fields as well.we did add a brewery to the southeast corner near the mills.it doesn't use the hops that we have overstocked.the hops field was switched to eggplants,and the NMT brewery to hops and sorghums.
         by fall of year 128,we have built most of the canals. we need to locate and dig the 4x nmt set,6x 4way,and a 8x 3way to complete the NMT mod completely.

pic 1: west cananl markets
pic 2: south brewery and RH's
pic 3: canal construction overview

brads3

YEAR 129-131

we try to speed things up.the workers clear trees and debris where the 4x canal will be dug out.this will send logs to the sawmill to help our firewood count.
      since the canal traders don't ship all goods,we make several adjustments. we change the goods shipped by several traders and double up workers at some of the CC trading posts and some of the NMT canal traders.we continue trading heavily for food and firewwood.
           to help increase our food,we begin a dock town to grow rice south of the canals.with all our trading,we are breaking even on food still.all my many adjustments have started to pay off though. the greenhouses do seem to be gaining again.
         though it has gone slower than i like,there has been progress the last few years.by the time the canals are finshed,hopefully we have firewood and food more stable.though we will need another school along the canals,i may need to go start housing and fields near the church area 1st.then come back add more to these villages.

pic 1: 4x canal layout
pic 2: canal dock village and rice
pic 3: progress of the 4x canal

brads3

YEAR 131-133

we get the 4x fishing pier and trading post built.we add a CC tidal pool to supply seafood to the dock village.

pic 1: tidal pool
pic 2: canal work continues