News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Production (v1.1.1 - updated 25 Jul 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

DS,your explanation to using items from 1 person's mods to another is good. however,it is a double edged sword.it can compliment another mod and work with it,but it can also stop another mod or building from working at all.
           for example take furniture which in CC is wood+wood,say a table and a bench. this makes sence and fits the banished time period. now say i create a mod that furniture is a couch=wood+cloth+feathers for stuffing but i name it at the end "furniture". all buildings that use furniture have to decide which one they can use. the probability is those buildings will be confused and stop producing.or a player will make the couch furniture and since it shows in game that they have furniture,but it won't work in the next set of production buildings.what a player sees a n item named and what the game sees can be different also.just like if i made a mod of field corn to feed animals with. if i tag it corn,players will think it is food yet their bannies will starve. modding can be a delicate process.

The Pilgrim

@brads3
The buildings decide which product to use based on which mod is higher in the load order. A furniture in a higher mod will override and replace a furniture from a lower mod if the filenames are identical.

elemental

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on April 13, 2017, 04:17:24 AM
Hi @Discrepancy and welcome back @tanypredator   :)
So Discrepancy, while I might not be @elemental I do have an opinion about the fishmonger building. I like it as a building so I would like to see it re-purposed if it isn't going to be used as a fishmonger. Perhaps as a dock storage facility?

@TheOtherMicheal the only reason I got a specific mention here is because the fishmonger was my idea, from when I was testing the bridge/jetty beta. Everyone else is welcome to offer ideas about this too.  :)

@Discrepancy I'm fine with making the fishmonger as a separate mod to cater for those who don't want more variety. A gourmet foods mod might be one way to do this. I quite like the model you have made but if you can come up with something better then, well... even better.  :) Perhaps a bridge fishmonger?  8)

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: elemental on April 13, 2017, 02:57:57 PM
Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on April 13, 2017, 04:17:24 AM
Hi @Discrepancy and welcome back @tanypredator   :)
So Discrepancy, while I might not be @elemental I do have an opinion about the fishmonger building. I like it as a building so I would like to see it re-purposed if it isn't going to be used as a fishmonger. Perhaps as a dock storage facility?

@TheOtherMicheal the only reason I got a specific mention here is because the fishmonger was my idea, from when I was testing the bridge/jetty beta. Everyone else is welcome to offer ideas about this too.  :)

@Discrepancy I'm fine with making the fishmonger as a separate mod to cater for those who don't want more variety. A gourmet foods mod might be one way to do this. I quite like the model you have made but if you can come up with something better then, well... even better.  :) Perhaps a bridge fishmonger?  8)
My first thought was storage because it looks like a dockside platform where you could stack barrels, crates etc. etc. but other than that, I didn't have any ideas about specific storage type (although I suppose some sort of food storage would be appropriate?)
I like the building overall because it is unique and I am a glutton for variety!

@elemental and I would say you deserved the mention too because I think it's a great addition that adds some interesting variety to the foods available. It was a brilliant idea and I'm very happy to see it in the game - we have such a diversity of land-based foods but there was hardly anything on offer from water-based foods. Now thanks to the modding community (and by that I also include those people who help with ideas/inspiration) we have a good diversity  :)

elemental

Generic "fish" was just too boring. The idea came up in the early stages of the bridge/jetty mod. Discrepancy asked for ideas for buildings and the first "water" thing that came to mind was fishmonger. Possibly maybe we don't need 10 or 12 different fish. Perhaps 5 or 6 might be enough. I like variety though. Adds realism. :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: elemental on April 13, 2017, 08:41:28 PM
Generic "fish" was just too boring. The idea came up in the early stages of the bridge/jetty mod. Discrepancy asked for ideas for buildings and the first "water" thing that came to mind was fishmonger. Possibly maybe we don't need 10 or 12 different fish. Perhaps 5 or 6 might be enough. I like variety though. Adds realism. :)

I like it as a Fishmonger too :)  Perhaps also adding an option for preserving fish?  (drying, salting etc).
Like the number of butchers available, a dropdown menu with "Sorted, dried, salted, filleted, canned" as options?
It was such a shame I felt it was very under powerered or I'd have built it in all of my fishing villages.
I tried it a couple of times, but the numbers weren't there (which I know has been discussed previously).  I do like the look of it.  :) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy hi there, bug report :(

When I build the new type of orchards (Village orchard tight), it's ok, and stays dormant without a problem.  As soon as I choose a plant, in this case Walnut & Pecan, and allocate a farmer the game hangs.  It sits and 'thinks', only when I press the menu button does it show in the upper title bar Banished (not responding), when I press the red X it then asks me what I want to do - close or hold on whilst it tries to run.  I always tell it to close, I waited 10 mins yesterday and it didn't budge.

Notes:

- This mod is listed below @Necora tree mod & @Bartender NatDiv mod.
- Does do this when a full CC map is loaded (ie NatDiv & Tree mod isn't the primary mod)
- orchards are 10 x 20
- I have started new maps and just built the orchards and this happens
- your farming fields are all ok, no issues there

I watch the farmer do about 4 or 5 'actions', then it hangs

I haven't checked vanilla orchards, if you need to, I will check tomorrow - but can someone else please also try & replicate.

Cheers :)

{update} just did one more reload, new CC map, and laid out 3 x(10x20) orchards, all of yours.  1 'normal', 1 tight, 1 large.
The 1 normal planted ok, to the point of seeing the budding trees
The 1 large had the planting motions, but no trees sprouted - it timed out here too, crashed.

I am sure I had it working the other week, but that was before I downloaded NatDiv & the new Trees mod.  I don't know if the clash is in there.
I will disable both mods later, but for now it's nearly 1am, I had my flu vaccs done today and I need sleep, haha. 

Can someone else please try this whilst I'm AFK. 

Cheers & Good night :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

I just did a 10 year test with nothing but DSSV: Production loaded and they work fine, I had no issues. I planted the same as you mentioned: Walnut & Pecan, both grew fine and produced a harvest from year 3 onwards.

I will load it up with Natural Diversity and Necoras trees after I do some work outside :)

Nilla

The problems with the orchards must be because of some of the other mods. I use the orchards in my present game and have had no problems. I have a lot of other mods loaded but not CC (except the separate maps) and not Nat Div or New trees.

QueryEverything

Found it!  After hours & hours of testing, I found the single mod that was causing the problem!  It certainly lived up to its name.
I remember now, when I added in the last couple of mods from here over Easter I also enabled a couple of the other mods that I'd had disabled for testing other mods ...  I had completely forgotten that this mod hadn't been enabled since 107 update!!  Gah ... 

Sorry @Discrepancy it was just a coincidence that I was using your new orchards at the same time I enabled this mod again.

Shame it's this mod, lol, I enjoyed seeing random wheat & corn popping up around my map!!  I supposed I could enable it and just not use the orchards, and just buy in my fruit & nuts.  :)

I present to you, the Pesky Produce, pesky mod ...  :) ;)   By @Owlchemist :) 

QueryEverything

Was having a play around with different gatherer's circles and build layout, and I came across this little sweet setup, using 3 little mods.  I wanted to share :)

1)  BETA - DS Small Village: Production (beta 2 - updated 12April2017) by @Discrepancy the lovely "Large Forest Food Gatherer, large"
2)  Forest Deep V4 - for Banished 1.06 by @kid1293 "Mother Tree"  (this is by far one of the most used tress I have in game)
3)  Maritimes Pine Set V103 by @Necora "Food Cellar"

First:  New build; second: playing hide & seek :)

Discrepancy

;D nice. I like when the buildings disappear into the forest.

Nilla

Didn't I say so in some other thread? @QueryEverything, you have something to show us! Very nice, indeed!

QueryEverything

Thank you both @Discrepancy & @Nilla :)
I really like the feel to the buildings, and how they work together, I am expanding that area now :)
Adding in the Hunters Market from @embx61 & the tiny butcher from @kid1293 :)

taniu

@Discrepancy.Great idea of the village on the water is also fishing or food industry.I do not mind that in the game you can repeat the same buildings to process fish as "sorted, dried, salted, filleted, smoked, preserved" as options?  villages must be self sufficient. I support@QueryEverything :)thank you