News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Re: Nilla - Brockfisheck; a new medieval town - 6000 people on a medium map

Started by Nilla, June 01, 2015, 04:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Nilla

Thank you, guys. But you cannot compare this game with an unmodded game. It's much easier to build a large population if you use some good mods, although my own restrictions (no barn, all nomads) still keep it interesting.

I will see tonight if I can fill the map. If the lags are not getting much worse, the bugs return or the production gets down dramatically, I think the settlement could support some 1000  inhabitants more.

Nilla

NO! It didn't went well long. :(

The "divorce bug" made me abandon my settlement". OK, I wouldn't have played much longer without the bug either. The lags are getting quite unbearable. In the few years I played, I had time to take some nomads, even got houses for all of them. To build these houses, I had to stop the game, otherwise I would have gone crazy. Manual trading is a test of patience, you press one number - nothing. Luckily most of my trading is automatically, but I have to do a bit manual as well. Not funny.

This game is not made for populations this big. @irrelevant´s people don't want to move close to their workplace, mine don't want to move out from their parents home. Different symptoms of the same disease.

But, I will not complain. All in all, I liked this game very much. The NMT and NMC mods are great, again thanks @RedKetchup! The way I used them, made the gameplay a bit different, made me a new challenge. I like that. And of cause, the 3-store.- houses made it possible to build this big on a medium map.

Finally I will show you 2 pictures. At the first you can see all my empty houses and divorced couples, also my last, very nice looking canal-settlemet. The second shows the interesting graphs.

RedKetchup

your graphs are very nice, looks like your town was still healthy. only firewood was going down alot lately ? maybe you ve hit the cap (6000) for a medium map ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Yes, the town was healthy. I wasn't much worried about the firewood eather. The drop has explanations: I took some 600 nomads and built houses for them all in a very short time. Of cause they all filled their houses with firewood. (200 new houses 50 firewood each makes a drop of 10 000 in a short time). To fill up my stores again I also bought as much stones and iron I could get and payment for these goods are firewood. Together with the new houses I also built some new choppers, so there were no alarm at all.

Trizeropz

I never saw such a steady growth of population. Looks really healthy. I am reReading a lot of village blogs atm. Didn't know you also reached 5k pop. Great to see :)