News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

but now you dont want to build a Medieval School ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 29, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
but now you dont want to build a Medieval School ?

I did! I like it.  :)

Does one of the houses fit over the top? I couldn't find one to fit.

Gatherer

-content deleted-

Sorry, wrong thread.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

chillzz

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 29, 2015, 11:42:41 AM
I did! I like it.  :)

Does one of the houses fit over the top? I couldn't find one to fit.

any new medieval 3rd floor house will fit above the new medieval school.

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

rkelly17

Quote from: chillzz on May 29, 2015, 05:45:26 PM
any new medieval 3rd floor house will fit above the new medieval school.

Thanks. I think I was only looking at second floor houses. I'll try the third floor.

RedKetchup

yup only a 3rd floor :) i decided to make some changes. anyways , my model was 2 floor and i decided to try to make it very similar :)

assobanana76

@rkelly17
you convinced me! I will download Adriana's college !!
I own a little place free next to the park and central markets!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

I'm going crazy !!
is a week, playing on Steam, when I press the F12 game crash !!
and, like a fool, it is a week that I forget to save the game BEFORE pressing F12 .. so I lose all the saves because, also, despite the settings the game does not save every 5 minutes !!
What can cause the crash ??  >:(
already I am pissed because the game does not save the screenshot without UI when click F11 as put options .. now also in the crash with F12 !! ??
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

woah , thats a big problem !!
for sure it is not a mod that cause that.

i hope you will resolve your issues.

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2015, 12:16:34 AM
woah , thats a big problem !!
for sure it is not a mod that cause that.

i hope you will resolve your issues.
and the strange thing is sometimes not the case and the screenshot does it regularly!
that's why I forget to save first!

assobanana76

now I am at work.. but.. I am having an idea! can be that the crash is due to the fact that lately I am playing" not fulscreen"( because in the meantime that the city grows slowly I should I do another with the pc) ???
I generally set the number of tools maximum equal to the number of workers, calculated for excess ..
e.g. 135 workers - 140 tools etc ..
but maybe I could reduce that number by calculating how many tools are used perfectly every year ...

A Nonny Moose

I don't think running in window mode makes any difference, but I am not on Windows, so there could be a problem there.

Getting a faster PC with more cores might give you a small lift, but remember this is a simulation and it will eat up any machine as the number of simulated objects gets larger.  It is a drawback in this kind of program, and can't usually be solved by throwing more hardware at it.  It is like expecting to get a baby in one month using nine women.

Generally, I have a tools quota that is about double my population.  I use tools as trade goods wherever possible.  I try to set my trade goods up so that hardware gets traded for foodstuffs.  My principal trade goods are Ale, Clothing, Wool (if I have lots of sheep), and Tools.  If I have a considerable surplus of other raw materials, I will trade them but not so as to cause a shortage in my building nor manufacturing.

On another topic: Is it possible for one of these towns to become self-sustaining?  If the number of deaths balance the number of births and the population is large enough to train workers and keep things going, does the player have to do anything except pay attention to resources such as forests, quarries and mines? 

I just had a wonderful experience with nearly 100 nomads.  I let them in, created housing for them, then watched about the same number of people die off from various causes.  I am going to restart this one from a save before this, and not admit them to see what happens.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

It is strange .. in the last two cases I had no crashes, saving before you press F12, and not playing fullscreen ..
probably, therefore, the problem is precisely hardware-related ..
I do not think it's a coincidence that when I open Banished takes 10 minutes before the start and the PC side from the fan as a supersonic jet!
I deleted at least 10 previous saves .. I do not know if it also affects the loading of the game ..
increasing my RAM 2Gb 4Gb did not affect the speed of the PC so I assume it's a problem of processor .. that sometimes nailing the game if I press F12 ..

about the tools, how do you produce so much? mods unlimited? or uses only large maps and fill holes map ??
I use small maps and CC: EA then give unlimited with candles and lamp oil .. but, just because I have little space, do not build more than one of each ...
in the TP do a massive use of firewood .. with 2 charcoal burner and 3 Foresters can heat all the houses (now) and I are advancing at least 1000 firewood for the two TP ..

for self-sufficiency I'm going to try it when I finish the city .. I also believe that if things were done right the city can be left on its own!

I could not translate the meaning of the last sentence ..

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 10, 2015, 10:28:39 AM
<snip>  I am going to restart this one from a save before this, and not admit them to see what happens.

[Français] Je vais redémarrer celui-ci à partir d'une sauvegarde avant cela, et ne pas les admettre pour voir ce qui se passe .
[Italiano]Ho intenzione di riavviare questo uno da un salvataggio prima di questo , e non ammetterli per vedere cosa succede .
[Deutsch]Ich werde diese ein aus sicherer vorher neu zu starten, und nicht zugeben, sie zu sehen, was passiert .

Using google/translate.  Hope this helps.

Am going to do this after this session.

And later on, I did load the save before the admission of the nomads and turned them down.  However, by that time the production levels for food was too low.  There was a serious deficit, and the production level of trade goods was too low to take up the slack for very long.  I am running this village now in recovery mode, but I am having a huge die off due to starvation.  My population is somewhere around 800 and seems to be holding there.

I am increasing the number of mines, smithies, taylors, and cattle pens.  I hope to get this stabilized before too many people croak.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

ok .. I understand the experiment .. but not the purpose ..
What you deduce from the results?