Author Topic: Nordic Landscape  (Read 81515 times)

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: Nordic Landscape
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 11:09:29 AM »
That sounds exciting. I was in Smaland and at the Všnern lake, not further north. So i could not see reindeer. I've seen elks. Also impressive animals. The nature in Sweden is like time travel to old Germania. You can see species in the woods and moors that have become extinct in Germany. Or are threatened with extinction.

I think the reindeer is a special case. It's not a really domesticated animal like a lame stupid cow. It's still a kind of wild animal lives in the wilderness and used by an ancient people. It would not be correct to put it in a normal pasture from banished. Maybe it's good as it is. The animals walk around in the countryside and sometimes the man came and took the meat from them. It's just not a "hunter" but a "reindeer herder". Today I tried something with an open pasture. Let's see how we do it.

Of course you are the first test pilot. And the special expert advisor. :)

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 02:52:59 PM »
can we get red barns? similar to what u did with the houses n school? separate mods work well for most ppl,i think.am very glad to see all u ppl n the cc team n redketchup still building mods. the hard work is much appreciated.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »
I make a barn and maybe a small version in swedish style. It will be red.

Offline DesoPL

• Trader
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
This mod work well with CC maps? Like desert etc.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
That could be funny. But it does not really make sense. This mod creates an environment such as in the nordic countries with typical climate, sunlight, terrain, sounds etc.. It's well combined with RedKetchups NMT or Kids Rowhouses, Forest Outpost and the nordic houses he made especially for this landscape. If you want to combine it with CC, choose a vanilla terrain and climate. It works but is not extensively tested with CC.

If you notice a problem in combination with CC, please let me know.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:02:23 PM by Tom Sawyer »

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »
Just a small preview to the "next level" of the nordic theme. I'm working on it, but wish I had more time.

At this point a special thanks to @kid1293 for the special hints to Blender!

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
haha wow !

looks like a extremly perfect representation of the picture !
such a big talent you have !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2016, 04:11:10 AM »
Perfect!

Looks like my mother's cottage. :)

If you plan some variations, let me know. I can send some pictures.

I started a new game yesterday with your mod. I will try to see, if it's possible to survive without schools. I haven't played so long yet, there are still some educated old people left. When they are gone, the game must be different; no use to have any blacksmiths, tailors and woodcutter. I'll let you know if it works.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »
Yes, we should make some variations of the Cottage. These 2 are done but still without textures. The first, because it is an older type. I think the porch or how to say in english is from a younger age. A sin of earlier times... ;) The second because of the design. Certainly not typical, more unique but I like it. In game you can see into the porch. That's nice. On the gable wall of the first one you can see one window not in the middle as usual. What do you mean? Is there a second or not? And are on the back 2 or 3 windows?

Your pictures I'd like to see!

Thats a funny challenge you play. Survival with a silly population that can not even chop wood or anything else.^^ Another challenge would be to make a game without any food production. That would be interesting for our balancing.

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
It's not easy to say what is "right" what is "typical". As I said, it seems like we have been fond of modernizing our homes the last 200 years.

Your 3 pictures show very nicely what happened to the walls: 3. picture; knot timber walls, 2. picture; the corners have been modernized, 1. picture; new planks outside the old. The same thing happened to color, windows, doors, porches, extensions......

My advice; make it the way you like it. Windows and doors mustn't be symmetrical (if they are, it's often some modernisation).

I'll show a couple of typical cottages.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 10:13:57 AM »
The next... knot timber. :)

Thanks for the pictures. Maybe I build on of them. Actually, your old cottages are a kind of log cabin. So my building-model from the first house is nonsense. There are no posts or frame-constructions.

Offline tanypredator

• Modders
  • Trader
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
@Tom Sawyer, this house is really beautiful  :)

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »
ok, so far i have nordichouse and nordichouses<since it came with the school. have u added the new house versions to those or are they another file to load?? i'm assuming the idea is to compile some mods then package them together. it is nice to have the variety. i do realize the mods are a lot of work,very much appreciated. they do make the game more enjoyable.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »
The houses from the last posts are still under construction. When they are done, I'll post it here.

Offline Turis

• Trader
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 04:18:29 AM »
In reference to DS roads, which roads contained in this mod resemble the roads in Scandinavia?