Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: New Flora - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, June 02, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

MOD: New Flora - tanypredator

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=106

Updated with a flax crop. Unfortunately, I had to make it a separate resource, so linen weaver has now 2 options (but they both give linen clothes).

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

@RedKetchup, I'm glad you like it :)

Only I think that it would be better to decrease the yield of flax, at least of the wild flax. The problem is that in my last test the gatherer has got 105 flax in the first year and only 25 in the second. But to obtain 50 clothes in the first year is certainly too much.

RedKetchup

it is normal to get more the year you build the gatherer before it profit from all spawns made when the random map is set while the following years only count respawns
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

Yes, and in my case the vanishing of plants at winter also make much smaller yield in following years. I'll make some more tests and maybe leave the yield as it is, or maybe decrease it slightly.

liberty152

tanypredator

That was planned :)
Now I begin the work on wild roses, and if I make them successfully, I'll add them to New Flora too.

Discrepancy

Wonderful addition. And the wild roses sound great. Small production from it? rose oil? :)

tanypredator

I thought about rose hips, because there is only one source of wild fruits, that is not realistic at all. And oil requires large flower mass, while wild roses have rather big fruits that showy flowers. I have an idea of cultured roses, that may be used to produce rose oil among other products. kid1293 suggested to count rose hips as herbs. Maybe I'll make the possability to make some medicine from rose hips, such as brew or tea.

kid1293

@tanypredator - Isuggested to have them as herbs ( Health ). They work fine as medicine as they are.
Then I dried them and made the product become Edible | Fruit.
The 'herb version' of them work well to make jam, wine or soup too (with the Edible | Fruit or Alcohol flag).
And there will always be a lot of the 'herb version' since people don't eat them.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on June 04, 2016, 12:56:27 PM
And there will always be a lot of the 'herb version' since people don't eat them.

Need "herbal cookies" for Mr. Red's medieval bakery.
;)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

tanypredator

I'm sorry but I don't want to make them herbs. People eat them as jams, kompot and other products, and they cook it by themselves. I can make a building to make medicine from rose hips, if it is wanted. I have one other idea about herbs, though I'm not sure if it will work.

kid1293

Fair enough. In real life they contain a lot of vitamins, but that's all.
They won't fix any real sickness, so it's better to keep them as fruit.

Are you going to model a new herb?

tanypredator

I want to try spawning plants by a building or planting plants other than trees by a worker. But that is not my nearest plan.

tanypredator

Update 2 with: Wild roses, now one building is used for both rose hips and oats, new tools (in "Remove" toolbar) for manual gathering of flax, oats and rose hips. This version will stay here unchanged (while the main download will be changed further), because it is mostly compatible with everything and must be compatible with my planned new mods. https://dl.orangedox.com/W4HTYeBX7P7nw9TnGl
Concerning the problems with yield - that is connected to the random distribution of plants and gatherers behaviour - I found that sometimes when they cannot find what to gather and turn to other tasks, thay later don't want to turn back to gathering again. In this case you can stop the work of their building, dismiss them, run it again and hire them again - then they go and work.