Author Topic: DS Jetty and Bridge v1.01 (updated 01 May 2017)  (Read 5275 times)

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
DS Jetty and Bridge v1.01 (updated 01 May 2017)
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/qZojJnb.png

DS Jetty and Bridge v1.01

Updated release v1.01, 01 May 2017. Compiled with and requires the latest version of Banished (v1.0.7.beta 170320)
Contains files that alter the vanilla Citizen, Storage Barn, Yard and Cart, Market, Trading Post and Town Hall, adding new resource limit flags.

http://i.imgur.com/1yDwnnB.jpg

It contains:

2 Texture styles for all Jetty and Jetty Bridge pieces, which includes:
 - Jetty Walkway pieces: many variants including different levels (and stairs), lengths and angles and some with built in storage.
 - Jetty Storage pieces: 1x1 & 2x2 crates/boxes/barrels, 2x2 log storage, small storage sheds, large barns.
 - Jetty Fishing spots, expanded, more variants and options.
 - Jetty Mollusc Farm, 1-2 Fisherman farm and harvest molluscs.
 - Jetty Fish Drying, 1-2 Workers will dry Fish - Dried Fish (RawMaterialNMStockFish) or Mollusc - Dried Mollusc (RawMaterialDriedMollusc)
 - Jetty Merchant's Office, a building to display town hall info in a narrow vertical format.
 - Jetty Merchants (General & Food merchants, now accept all new flags)
 - Jetty Well for fire-fighting.
 - Jetty Drift Wood Collector, 2 min Workers required, will generate logs and firewood for 5 years before the building expires from lack of resources and becomes derelict (unable to demolish).
- Jetty Drift Wood Searcher -- similar to the collector, 2 min Workers required, will either generate logs or firewood (you select) before the building expires from lack of resources and becomes derelict (unable to demolish). - *added v1.01
 - Jetty Firewood Splitter.
 - Jetty Bridges: Arches, modular Drawbridges and wooden truss bridges, angled truss bridge variants.
 - Village Bridge, normal Bridge construction variants for the Drawbridge and the Truss bridge.

Jetty Housing:
 - 2,3,4 & 5 Occupant Homes.

'Ghost' decorations (delete via UI):
 - Small Boat, variants in style and 3 rotation variants.
 - Small Rowboat, 3 rotation variants.

http://i.imgur.com/w5J05pG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jjy5DKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ytvRr8d.jpg

Thanks go to everyone who ever offered suggestions and ideas, tests and critiques.
and special thanks to @RedKetchup , @kralyerg , @Necora , @kid1293 , @Tom Sawyer , @embx61 , @elemental , @Paeng who have offered invaluable information, code and banished 'know-how'.

Download DS Jetty and Bridge v1.0 here.

Change Log:

v1.01 -  01052017  --  minor bug fix.      - .pkm = 139,202 KB (135 MB)   | .rar = 31,304 KB (30.5 MB)
              - Adds the option to build a Jetty Driftwood Searcher.
              - fixed issue where Village Drawbridge was not displaying its toolbar text.
              - changed radius (now smaller) of all fishing locations - this was an edit missed out in last build.
              - lowered the total height of the Jetty Merchant's Office UI box.
              - fixed professions file location. worker will not be doubled in professions UI.

v1.0 -  29042017  --  Major update & re-write.      - .pkm = 139,187 KB (135 MB)   | .rar = 31,348 KB (30.6 MB)
              - Full version 1 first release.
              - full code re-write, not compatible with any other version or DSSmallVillage.pkm
              - adds new buildings and worker profession.
              - removes all resources from previous ver. and adds RawMaterialNMStockFish, RawMaterialDriedMollusc, RawMaterialMollusc
              - removes the Stone Bridge from the set (will be in own mod)
              - AO added to all pieces.
              - Model improvements.

v0.91 -  22022017  --  Minor update & bug fix.      - .pkm = 66,138 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,091 KB (33.2 MB)
              - changed RawMaterialCanvas to new flag 'Custom2/Fabrics'
              - changed all RawMaterialFishBass/Bream etc filenames to RawMaterialBass/Bream etc
              - changed all RawMaterialMolluscClam/Mussel etc filenames to RawMaterialClam/Mussel etc (for future use)
              - changed 2x2 & 2x3 storage locations to now store the new flags: 'Custom0/Crafted', 'Custom1/Forged', 'Custom2/Fabrics', 'Custom7/Misc'
              - changed various string texts
              - changed menu locations
              - fixed issue with menu sprites not showing up

v0.9  -  17022017  --  Initial release.      - .pkm = 66,110 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,071 KB (33.2 MB)

StringTable Download:

DSJaBStringTable.rsc - v1.0 - 24KB

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:43:45 AM by Discrepancy »

Offline QueryEverything

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
Re: DS Jetty and Bridge v0.9 (Banished Beta 1.0.7)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
Thank you @Discrepancy, as you know I am an avid supporter of your mods and I'm thrilled that you have released this now :D

Quick request:  can the fishing spots (the bridges) please allow for up to 2 people at a spot.  I know many people that will fish with a friend, it's a community & social activity as well as a food excursion.  :)

Not now, but for a future update/request :)
~ QE, I query because I like learning new things. 

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
(Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :)

Offline Necora

• Modders
  • Trader
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »
That looks fantastic, I've been wanting to play with these new jetties and bridges for a long time, can't wait to fire them up!

Offline Hawk

• Trader
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:46:21 AM »
Still no jetty houses?
Hawk

Proprietor of The Hawk & Badger Railroad - for all your Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3 needs

My Internet went down for an hour so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 07:33:55 AM »
wow awesome !!! the first mod in our very new section 1.0.7 :)

a very nice one too :) woohoo !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline taniu

• Trader
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:52:05 PM »
@ Discrepancy,  thank you, can only sympathize, change all the mods to the new belt is huge dedication, a lot of it will take time and effort.

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: DS Jetty and Bridge v0.91 (Banished Beta 1.0.7)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »
New update available from Downloads.

v0.91 -  22022017  --  Minor update & bug fix.      - .pkm = 66,138 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,091 KB (33.2 MB)
              - changed RawMaterialCanvas to new flag 'Custom2/Fabrics'
              - changed all RawMaterialFishBass/Bream etc filenames to RawMaterialBass/Bream etc
              - changed all RawMaterialMolluscClam/Mussel etc filenames to RawMaterialClam/Mussel etc (for future use)
              - changed 2x2 & 2x3 storage locations to now store the new flags: 'Custom0/Crafted', 'Custom1/Forged', 'Custom2/Fabrics', 'Custom7/Misc'
              - changed various string texts
              - changed menu locations
              - fixed issue with menu sprites not showing up

As you can see I made changes to Resource file names, so I daresay it might not be save-game compatible (I didn't have a save to test with).
Because the update is small, and may not make much difference to the game, I leave it to player choice on whether or not to update at this time.

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 05:59:09 AM »
I'm working on a major update for this mod which includes a full changing of all the code that has 'DSSV' to 'DSJaB', started tonight and just spent 3hrs on it.

All I achieved was the renaming of the files and code as well as making the AO images for just the ground level 1x1 f-key jetty variants and cnr pieces!
this is going to be slow going  >:(

as a break from the tedious work, I'm going to model something new. Besides, the next few weeks I'm likely to have more time to code than to model.

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »
the small, workers shack:
2x3 it includes the jetty piece in front of the building. I've got these set as 1-2 occupants, so new families won't have children. There will be bigger houses also.
http://i.imgur.com/dmlMCUj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tK9nv3r.jpg

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
perfect for a pair of 40-50ish without no more children to come ^^
kick from house, pause, open one of these... they take it ... unpause and repause... and give the good house to a future family ^^
i know i am cruel ^^

at least they can retreat to the edge of a lake and take it cool ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline elemental

• Trader
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
Looking good. Do they need to have the built-in jetty piece in front though? (Or, could you make a version that doesn't have the jetty piece?) In your pic, with the houses forming part of the jetty "road" if you delete house 2 or 3 you break the road. If the houses just sat next to a normal (separate) piece of jetty this wouldn't be a problem.

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
not cruel @RedKetchup , when I get there, I'd be quite happy to retire into a small place like that in the banished landscape :)

Okay @elemental , I can do that easy enough.
Though in answer to your question regarding the stone bridge house, probably not for all of them, most definitely not for the one you have as I think it would be confusing to place otherwise. The stone bridge is more of a bridge that once it is built, it remains built ;)

Offline Paeng

• Banished Expert
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 04:26:25 AM »
with the houses forming part of the jetty "road" if you delete house 2 or 3 you break the road.

Yeah, I agree it'd be better to not include the jetty walkway... also then you don't need to make two (texture) variants  ;)
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

Offline QueryEverything

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »
perfect for a pair of 40-50ish without no more children to come ^^
kick from house, pause, open one of these... they take it ... unpause and repause... and give the good house to a future family ^^
i know i am cruel ^^

at least they can retreat to the edge of a lake and take it cool ^^

Sounds blissful @RedKetchup :)
Looking fab @Discrepancy I can't wait to see where these lead to :)

Maybe an F-Variant in a white, or white trimmed building to match @Necora new little water wheel & dock pieces?
~ QE, I query because I like learning new things. 

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
(Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :)

Online Discrepancy

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 01:13:00 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/1yDwnnB.jpg

I'm slowly getting there with next update (which will be v1.0)
I still have the Angle jetty parts to redo,
+ another larger house (I have made 2, 3 & 4 occupant homes already),
a larger storage barn,
& transform the fishmonger model into a Fish drying area.