News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Workplace V2.05

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 13, 2017, 10:21:14 PM
@grammycat they can infest all they want, as long as they come out gooey :)
hahahaha....

What banner should we have for our protest?  Little "bee nice we're gooey" slogans?
"bee have, for the bee hives"?
Too tacky?  hahahaha 
I think I need coffee ... lol, sorry ;)

@QueryEverything - Nonononot too tacky!
Here's my (late) reply. :)

QueryEverything

oh. my. hives.
That is just ...  bee mine!! :)  I love it :D :D :D

Excellent work @kid1293 :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

grammycat

Well, the bees finally got some respect, that is indeed fit for a Queen Bee!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@kid 1293 Congratulations for the higher grade - expert. Excellent work :)

Abandoned

@kid1293 Oh my goodness, what is this I missed while working on achievements?  BeeHaven?  It looks fantastic, love the colors especially like the roof and the tower.

kid1293

BeeHaven was just a play with words, but since you reminded me - Go to Download

adelegarland

@kid1293

I Love this set!  use it in every new city as start up stuff and for mini villages within my cities.    Question:  Which flax does the Little tailor use, I have Necora's Flax from the pine set loaded, but the tailor refuses to work with it.  Is there a way to unify all the different flax species out there?   
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

kid1293

I can not tell if there will be a unified flax resource. I wish for it.
I use tany's New Flora flax. A mod I use all the time!

QueryEverything

@kid1293 I was writing this over on the other thread, and this is what I was thinking.
It's not too well thought out, but I think you'll get the idea :)

Not a wagon, though a wagon or cart would look cool with @RedKetchup horse decos standing infront ;) 
Could be a simple lean-to style, or open roof mesh of some type.  Like you see on country roads ;)

With the Workplace mod, I was wondering if you could make a matching little 'farmers market', allows all items but has a small foot print, 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 (you know small ...)  They wouldn't need to hold a HUGE amount, but definitely something to create a 'farm to plate' feel within the mod.  F-variants to match the other buildings, and if you get super creative, feel free to have 1 larger one, and then a few little ones (like puzzle market) to scatter around.

Farm gate ideas ...
Protein & Textiles, place at the entrance of the farm for meats (eggs, butchered & dairy), leather & wool & clothing
Fruit & Veg
etc

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Wow, been to two other threads and commited myself to more work. :)

I agree with you @QueryEverything - I need my coffee in the morning. :)

Let's see. Market or market stalls? Is it just for the matching roofs?
I'll put that on hold since you have several other options already.
The same with gate. (could be nice, though... )
But that means you are going to surround the market/storage/workspace with a fence?

QueryEverything

@kid1293 my creativity only went so far as ...

Driving along the road, in farm land, seeing grazing cattle & produce, and you come across a roadside stall, out the front of the farm, and the farmer is selling their produce. 
Farm 1:  cattle & sheep grazing, they sell proteins (mutton & beef etc); wool, wool products (jumpers etc); offcuts (bonemeal & so on); dairy items from their cattle milk.
Farm 2:  fruit & veg producers: fruit & veg; berries; grains
Farm 3:  The 'producers' these produce items:  Dairy yoghurts, cheese; breads; bakery goods; jams etc

Then once a month there is a farmers & producers market, so a very large market with lots of little stalls, everyone sells all of their wares.  They have a huge weekend of selling all their goodies; 2nd Sunday of the month, a small 'fresh food only' market at the local library, small vendors, lots of stalls, but small ones.

So, that was my inspiration, from what is around me currently :) 

Some market stalls are covered, some are open air, some are small tent style, some roadside 'farmer stalls', are just wooden shelving with a canvas sheet cover, some are just wheelbarrows with veg, others are carts.
'Bags of spuds, 10kg for $5' type of thing.

Notes on ingame ideas:
-- Some stalls may be attached to a gate, or others are freestanding so to be able to be moved wherever.
-- Some stalls may have different designs

-- Where possible, the stalls are ghosted so they can be placed right up against other buildings, or fences & can lay a road of choice under them
-- the 'puzzle market' is excellent, however the placement can be difficult due to the corner/straight edges, most are left corner, straight back, and can't form a nice row.
-- In my screenshot you can see that they look fabulous, but I would also like to see a complete one, like the one I have circled, but the radius is extremely small and doesn't cover the whole farming area, the 20 x 20.

Some visual inspiration
https://foursquare.com/v/warrandyte-berry-farm/4db654470437fa536a54df2c/photos
https://foursquare.com/v/warrandyte-berry-farm/4db654470437fa536a54df2c?openPhotoId=4f1f1d0be4b00ee75032b38a
http://www.glasshouse-mountains.com/glasshouse-mountains-roadside-farm-stalls.html
http://bighandandlittlehand.com/?p=3139
http://h7.alamy.com/comp/CT46AT/a-roadside-home-grown-produce-stall-with-honesty-box-in-suffolk-uk-CT46AT.jpg
http://www.beginningfarmers.org/sustainable-farm-visit-in-maine-four-season-farm/

Plus:  some more:  here ; here ; here (not my Pinterest) ; here ; here ; here ; here ; here ; here

Ok, that should be enough, lol.  I've added a few to my pinterest board as well :)

Ingame
My current farm, and the large front section.  (I am no screenshot artist or city builder :) )
And yes, I will build a market with fencing too :D :D

Oh, lastly re the fence:  in the future, may we please an an open/closed gate like the one in my screenshots?  I've had to use one from CC and it fits, but, for those that don't have CC they are missing fence gates. 

Nilla

You write a lot on this page @QueryEverything. Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to that. :) But when you on rare occasions show some pictures, I always like what i see! Why don't you show us more? Why don't you blog some of your towns? I like very much to see how other people build and develop their towns. There are too few of us who shows this. At the moment only @Abandoned, @Paeng and myself. We are very different players, showing very different things. My guess is, that you too have something unique, worth showing.

By the way; this request could be addressed to more players! I don't remember I ever saw a picture from one of your towns @brads3. I would very much like to!

QueryEverything

Quote from: Nilla on April 20, 2017, 03:02:20 AM
You write a lot on this page @QueryEverything. Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to that. :) But when you on rare occasions show some pictures, I always like what i see! Why don't you show us more? Why don't you blog some of your towns? I like very much to see how other people build and develop their towns. There are too few of us who shows this. At the moment only @Abandoned, @Paeng and myself. We are very different players, showing very different things. My guess is, that you too have something unique, worth showing.

By the way; this request could be addressed to more players! I don't remember I ever saw a picture from one of your towns @brads3. I would very much like to!

Thank you @Nilla that means a lot :)
I don't post a lot of pictures because I work with 'squares' mainly and I just try and cram things in initially, I do a lot of initial start areas, then grow out to other themed ideas, but it's all just 'squares', and I'm lazy and I don't have the zoom hack installed.  Haha.  (I don't have any game 'hacks' actually :( )

Also, I test a lot of things, and often find I have to start new maps very frequently so I never get to 'blog'.  Maybe ... :D
I was tossing up about doing a YouTube, but then I need to learn how to do video production, which hubby has offered to show me, but ...  ADHD ...  ;) 

Let me think on it. :D  Thank you

brads3

QUERY,don't why you tell her we is lazy and deformed or handicapped? never admit nothing.lol you is right on most of that though. no zoom haks,and i too keep starting and stopping more lately.testing and then new mods or updates.nooo we aren't complaining. i haven't figured out what i am doing since the new CC journey and then the community button,and then the 1.07.....
    i was working on settling AMERICA. started with a water world landing and fort,and then had a few towns inland to set up a colonial farm and worked in to meeting the INDIANS.had plans to do a multi-mod city using every little piece from every mod i have.finding good starting points can take many attempts and restarts.i did keep a couple of the map  codes but i did delete the game saves since the changes. i couldn't start it again right now ,as i have broken mods in limbo at the moment. just a couple small glitches that i'm sure will be fixed but the modders are busy with developing and with upgrades.