News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Workplace V2.05

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Necromancing this thread because of a bug found by @Paeng .

Click on cover #4 immediate crash fixed.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=204

ancientmuse

@kid1293

What's the bug that Paeng found ?

I haven't noticed any bug and I use your mod in pretty much every single game that I play, so I'm curious what I'm not noticing...?

Oop, nevermind.

I just realized you mentioned something about clicking cover #4.

Apparently, I've never clicked on it in all the times I've used your covers ??

???

kid1293

:D hehe, number 4 is my models setup.
It's the 'happy' colorful roof.

ancientmuse

Quote from: kid1293 on September 17, 2017, 03:48:38 PM
:D hehe, number 4 is my models setup.
It's the 'happy' colorful roof.

Ah, that explains it then.

I've never used your happy orange roof.  I always stick to the wood, thatch, old wood, etc.

I guess I'm not a happy colour kind of person....?

hehehe

;D

adelegarland

Hi Kid,
Small request..  is it possible to allow the small workplace tailor and blacksmith to use all the resources and be able to make fur and pelt coats and maybe even cotton and canvas as well as the vanilla?  and the blacksmith to make maybe stone and wood tools?   I love these guys and use them a lot - they would make things easier if they were able to do more stuff!  Thanks Kid :-*
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

triangle

This little mod is nice.. but be warned I have a very mean bug that
minimizes the game window with error: can't place into storage!

This happens Every Time a Workplace V1 Farmer cook bends down to pick up Flour from the Grinder & Bake Ovens of your tiny workplaces and Yet Again when any worker takes the flour and drops it off into any storage barn or marketplace.

this does not occur with the bread that is baked or other workplace resources other then the -->flour<--  that was ground from wheat.

at the time this error occured I am using the installed version of  banished GOG v2.09
that was updated using BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170910 along with playing the mod in BanishedKit_1.0.7.170910 & all Installed properly.. Oh, and no other mods other then your workplace v1 downloaded from here:

https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/813-Workplace-V1

Also there is no Documentation or readme that explains requirements or perquisites so you may want to at the very least update that mod file @ banishedinfo.com so others don't run into the same issue.

Great Little Mod BTW 
and thank you for the update I hope this fixes the mod.
=)

kid1293

Hi @triangle !

... error: can't place into storage! ...

One possible explanation is - You have no storage for the flour.
The flour is marked 'grain' only, so it is not edible.
Standard barn and market have only 'edible' and can not store the flour.
The storage provided in the mod has the right flags. Flour is stored.

Back when I did that mod many people had their own way of
dealing with different flags. I stayed clear of vanilla barn.
I did not want to change anything others wanted in a special way.
Now it is customary to put a lot of new flags on things.

I don't think I have to mess with other storage as long as I have
provided a storage as option. It is an old 1.0.6 mod and I am not
going to update it.

:)

Maldrick

While you are looking at this...Noticed ages ago I was getting a crash selecting the workplace cover after placing it.  Was thinking it might be a conflict at the time and made a mental note to isolate the mod and test it....but you know how mental notes go.  Completely forgot about it till I got another one a couple weeks ago...Which I also forgot about till I saw this thread.  Not near my PC at the moment, but I'll double check without other mods when I am.

I remember it being the Happy variant both times, but not sure if it's just that one.  Will have a look when I'm back.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Did a quick test.
All covers build okay, selecting them works fine, deleting also.
Can not think of anything that should not be there to make a conflict.
Tell me if it happens again.

:)

Maldrick

Good to know. I'll check it when I get back to my PC and let you know, for sure.  Thanks for having a look.  :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Maldrick

Question...

When I've had this crash I had a lot of mods loaded.  No idea how the coding works so thought I'd ask...Is there a general type of mod I should be looking for that could possibly conflict with this?  Would help narrow it down a lot.

I'll see if I can find it, regardless.

kid1293

Anything with 'workplace' could be a problem. Usually it is not.
Hard to pin down. I have one 'WorkPlaceAO', else I have tried
to make unique names. Should be safe from conflicts.

I have named texture WorkPlaceCover.png
The fbx is called  WPCover.fbx
The models are called WPCover01 (01-04)
I can't see anything that should be problem.

Do you have graphical glitches?
Something with weird texture?

Maldrick

Quote from: kid1293 on December 29, 2017, 12:39:18 PM
Do you have graphical glitches?
Something with weird texture?

Not that I noticed in either case.

I'm pretty sure I have the set I was using backed up...The one I was using when I recently got the crash, that is.  Started doing that recently along with saves and screenshots for each project.  Helps a lot with changing up mods a lot.

Thinking its like 80 mods total lol but I'll find it. :)

kid1293

80 mods!

Quote"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

:D

Maldrick