Author Topic: Maritimes Pine Set V105  (Read 4975 times)

Online Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
Re: Maritimes Pine Set V105
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
LOL @brads3   ;D

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »
Necora, I tried using the Pine Set, and liked many things about it, but it slowed my game way too much.  On 10 speed, it was like only being 2 speed.   Is there any way you might figure out some fix for this so I can use it with the game speed running normally?

Offline Necora

• Modders
  • Trader
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:45 AM »
@galensgranny thanks for the feed back, and sorry it slowed the game down so much. The reason is the trees and the detail in them. One quick fix is to disable shadows for general play then turn them on when you want to have a look around/take screen shots. This is how I play, even before I started modding, this is the only way I could get CC working at a decent clip.

A more permanent fix would be to re-do all the trees. I have limited time to mod lately, but I did make some new maple trees for something else I want to do. They are about 1/3 the polys, and look fantastic in Blender. Unfortunately, I can't see how they look in game because it crashes constantly when trying to load them up, something to do with the material used that makes the leaves appear/disappear with the seasons. I don't know why it is crashing, whether I am forgetting something or have done something wrong or perhaps something has changed with the latest mod kit that I am unaware of but extensive searches through code and comparisons with previous files from the trees I made a year ago and the provided example have given me no answers (in fact, all files are pretty much the same apart from new models and textures, I copied both the old trees and example files and changed just the model/texture, which I cannot see any issue with). Anyhow, this and a string of other annoyances/crashes with the mod kit have really put me off modding for the game, at least for the time being while I have little time to spend modding let alone trying to solve issues.

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »
I'll try turning off shadows.  I hope that helps as I do want to use your pine set.   I never thought about making changes in the game options.

That is a real bummer that the game keeps crashing when you are trying to mod the trees.

I hope you don't quit modding altogether.  Maybe do things that don't involve trees.  :)

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
Necora, your tip to turn off shadows worked!!  :D :D   This is so great!  Now the bannies are zooming all over the place in your Pine world.  The maple trees don't look as good as they did with shadows on, but a lot of them are just being chopped down so it's all good.  Thanks again for that simple tip that made such a big difference.

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2017, 09:51:20 AM »
did you try playing with the other options? you can turn the shadows to medium,change the DirectX,etc. if it worked that well,maybe there is a middle ground that will be better. i think disabling autosaves helps also.

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
I haven't changed other things, brad3.  I will play around with combinations of the shadow quality and shadow texturing to find one that looks the best while the bannies will still zoom around on 10 speed.  Have you ever changed the antialiasing and texture filtering?