News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Pine Set V105

Started by Necora, February 27, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelegarland

@Necora    At least I'm not crazy!!  Thanks for checking into it, I checked the trapper and you are absolutely correct, there are no pelts and furs, only game and eggs.  If i start a game without the docks - I get all the resources, no problems.  I hope @kralyerg will have the answer!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

start setting gremlin is hiding in the dock mod causing you fits.

adelegarland

Quote from: brads3 on September 15, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
start setting gremlin is hiding in the dock mod causing you fits.
Fits and tantrums!!   I want to use both mods, how frustrating!   :(

kralyerg

I'm on mobile right now, so I don't have the files in front of me.

I'm not sure why putting the Pines over the Docks doesn't fix it. Unless the NaturalResourceMaritimePineTree is copying directly from the Natural Resource Tree file.

The docks has the CC edited Tree files for the terrains and starting conditions that are part of it. But it's exactly the same as CC, so if this worked with CC, it should work with the Docks.

I'll have a look at the files when I get home later.

Gatherer

I have CC Docks enabled below any of the maritimes mods and sherbrooke mod. My pine trappers only collect game, fur and pelts. I can see beaver lodges but no egg nests.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

@Necora
OK  I have tried the Pine set without the Docks and I'm still having the problem, I'm in the beginning of a new game, year 4, and it seems like the trapper starts out finding pelts and furs and after 3 years only finds game and eggs.  The Harvester's Cache hasn't found any resin yet.  I wonder if the problem is in the pine set itself, wasn't there an update to it recently?  I'm not any kind of a modder, so I'm probably wrong...

Necora

@adelegarland you might be right. It seems to be only the pine forest that has an issue, the rest works fine. I'll look through the code tonight and see if I can see anything.

brads3

the latest version is 1.04BETA updated may 22,
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/166-maritimes-pine-set/

are you using the new flora mod? there were patches made that are needed to use that mod.

brads3

pine resin works on mine.i am using CC not the dock mod.
           with the latest pine mod beta,you do not need the tree mod combined with it.the mod needs to be high in mod order above other mods that change the start settings this includes the nat div mod.check your foresters. if you have the latest version the forester will harvest pelts and pine materials not just logs.this applies to the maple forester as well.
      it doee take several years to get the pine forest to produce. the new pines are different and need to be planted and take time to grow.

adelegarland

Quote from: brads3 on September 18, 2017, 10:21:44 AM
pine resin works on mine.i am using CC not the dock mod.
           with the latest pine mod beta,you do not need the tree mod combined with it.the mod needs to be high in mod order above other mods that change the start settings this includes the nat div mod.check your foresters. if you have the latest version the forester will harvest pelts and pine materials not just logs.this applies to the maple forester as well.
      it doee take several years to get the pine forest to produce. the new pines are different and need to be planted and take time to grow.
@brads3    I'm not using the tree mod, My load order is: EB Vanilla Mine Override, Flax Patch, New Pine Flora, Pine Set, Natural Diversity 1.1, 1.07 Compatibility, and all the rest...  In villages with Docks enabled - it is the very last mod in the load order.   All my mods are the latest releases, I check for updates daily. 
For the last two days I have been testing these mods in villages aging from 5 to 23 years, so I am waiting for years to see the Pine Resin.   I am watching the productions very carefully to make sure of what I'm reporting.  The Harvester's Cache Finds Flax, Chanterelle, Pine Boughs and in the beginning Pine Resin.  The trapper finds Eggs, Game, Pelts and Furs early on then stops finding the furs and pelts.  Pine resin is usually found in year 7 of the pine forest, and seems to be non-existent after approximately year 8 to 11.  It does vary from game to game.  The pine Forester seems to be finding Logs, Pine Boughs and Flax now.  In the current Village, of Mossyrockle (I love that name) with both the pine set and CC Docks loaded, (Docks enabled after year 5)  I am in Year 8 and I have only a pine forest.  I have found a total of 20 Pine resin and 4 pelts in year 7, lots of Pine Boughs and Flax.
I've also noticed that the forester, gatherer and hunter of the Pine Set all find Pine Boughs now.  Is that weird?  Its year 8 and I'm adding in the Vanilla Forestry, Vanilla Gatherer, Vanilla Herbalist, Pine Hunter and Pine Trapper, all from the Pine set to give me some comparison.  Year 8 is over and there has been no resin, no pelts or furs but good amounts of pine boughs and flax.  I'll keep updating...
Year 9 and the newest Pine Trapper has found both Furs and Pelts, and in Year 10 has found them again, along with the 2 year old Vanilla Forester from the pine set also finding Furs.  No Furs, Pelts or Resin from the 10 year old Pine set items.
It's year 16 and the first year's Pine Forester, Trapper Gatherer are still not finding ANY Pine Resin, or Pelts and Furs.  The eight year old Vanilla Groups is Still finding Fur and Pelts, so that's reassuring.  In Year 15 I added in the maple Forestry grouping and after two years am seeing Pelts and Furs.

brads3

i'm not using the flora mods. that would narrow down ehere to look. so you are getting resin but low amounts? the resin and pelts do take longer than the others to produce. furs take double the time growth than the resin.
    as for the "weirdness" of all workers finding pine boughs,i do not remember having that happen. the forester will check traps though and collect game,pelts,and furs.i would say that too is from the flora mod. is it a bad thing though? i find the hunter or forester checking traps to be right.if he walks by a trap, you would expect him to check it.however would he also collect various pine boughs?  it may be a coding give and take. leave as is functions but to stop the hunter and trapper form gathering pine boughs,you might give up the forester collecting food and pelts as well. in that case i would rather see it left as is.not though i do not see these issues.

adelegarland

The issue is that the resin dries up after about a year and doesn't show up again.  and the pelts and fur are gone after a few years as well, not just taking long to be produced - gone.   That puts a stop to all manufacturing that depends on these items.

Necora

Well firstly the foresters getting other items that are not logs - There is a line of code in all natural resource files that states what profession will harvest them into an item. For example, the vanilla herb can only be picked up by a herbalist. If any other profession tries to pick up the herb, it will produce nothing. So when you clear space for a field or use the remove all resources button, and labourers clear the resources, no herbs are collected. Likewise a forester will clear areas in the circle to plant trees, so if a herb is cleared, nothing is created. If you remove this line of code, then every time a resource is cleared it will produce that item, regardless of what profession clears it. Now, I've gone for a half and half approach to make some things more accessible from the start and also so that less is wasted when cleared for other purposes (fields or forester etc) and have it so that some items can be picked up my anyone. This includes boughs and flax. However, other items can only be picked up by the respective professions, which includes pine resin and fur.

Secondly, the time for growth. I played around with this to make it harder to get certain items, mainly fur, because the value of them is so high. So according to the template for the pine tree set (there is a lot of back and forth in the mod kit files, which does make it hard to follow sometimes and is mightily frustrating), it will spawn when the tree reaches 3 years while the resin will spawn when the tree reaches 1.5 years age. Now, it is not as simple as that, because there are other things at play such as spawn chance. Resin has a spawn change of .2, while for example the nest of eggs has a spawn chance of .4, meaning nests are more likely to spawn than resin. I guess, if you have nests and other things spawning early and at a higher rate, they may not be allowing the resin and fur the chance to spawn. So there are a number of things that can impact how much resin is present at any one time, the age of trees, the number of trees at that age, and the amount of other things around them. If you have a mature forest area (that is not being heavily harvested, so trees make it up to 1.5 years before being cut) then you should be producing resin, but you might have to also make sure you have trappers and gatherers out harvesting all of the other nuggets from the forest to make sure that the resin and furs actually have a chance to spawn.

It might be a case of too many things spawning at once, so I'll see how it goes and maybe will change some of these numbers again.

Gatherer

What about a small standalone mod with which a player could choose what to pick from the ground? Like @tanypredator has in her flora mod? Different icons to collect edibles, herbs, textiles. That way a player could clear the area to make room for a better chance of specific item he/she wants to see spawned.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

Quote from: Necora on September 18, 2017, 02:56:39 PM
Well firstly the foresters getting other items that are not logs - There is a line of code in all natural resource files that states what profession will harvest them into an item. For example, the vanilla herb can only be picked up by a herbalist. If any other profession tries to pick up the herb, it will produce nothing. So when you clear space for a field or use the remove all resources button, and labourers clear the resources, no herbs are collected. Likewise a forester will clear areas in the circle to plant trees, so if a herb is cleared, nothing is created. If you remove this line of code, then every time a resource is cleared it will produce that item, regardless of what profession clears it. Now, I've gone for a half and half approach to make some things more accessible from the start and also so that less is wasted when cleared for other purposes (fields or forester etc) and have it so that some items can be picked up my anyone. This includes boughs and flax. However, other items can only be picked up by the respective professions, which includes pine resin and fur.

Secondly, the time for growth. I played around with this to make it harder to get certain items, mainly fur, because the value of them is so high. So according to the template for the pine tree set (there is a lot of back and forth in the mod kit files, which does make it hard to follow sometimes and is mightily frustrating), it will spawn when the tree reaches 3 years while the resin will spawn when the tree reaches 1.5 years age. Now, it is not as simple as that, because there are other things at play such as spawn chance. Resin has a spawn change of .2, while for example the nest of eggs has a spawn chance of .4, meaning nests are more likely to spawn than resin. I guess, if you have nests and other things spawning early and at a higher rate, they may not be allowing the resin and fur the chance to spawn. So there are a number of things that can impact how much resin is present at any one time, the age of trees, the number of trees at that age, and the amount of other things around them. If you have a mature forest area (that is not being heavily harvested, so trees make it up to 1.5 years before being cut) then you should be producing resin, but you might have to also make sure you have trappers and gatherers out harvesting all of the other nuggets from the forest to make sure that the resin and furs actually have a chance to spawn.

It might be a case of too many things spawning at once, so I'll see how it goes and maybe will change some of these numbers again.
I understand the theory, and have appropriate numbers of each of the trappers gatherers and foresters out gathering, but there is NO resin and NO pelt and fur...  not for years.   There should be something each year, at least a small amount, but zero doesn't work.  Is there any way to have a minimum amount limit?  I don't know the first thing about what you guys do, so I'm sorry if I'm presuming too much.   I hope my efforts are helpful, not annoying.  :)