News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Pine Set V105

Started by Necora, February 27, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlieb

I love the diagonal cabins, but I'll be having to use your empty square mod (I do anyway) to keep trees from growing inside the cabins. ;)

It is the forester's cabin, but still. :P I chopped all of the other trees down to make it easier to see.

brads3

KAR,you are hired. you test and report back good and bad points.good find.

QueryEverything

@Karlieb I had the same thing happen to a Stockpile, I was laying the pile as the tree sprouted, it was 'perfect timing', I left it there for fun viewing, didn't get a screenshot though, was going to get one, then changed maps. :(

It looks like your house has antlers :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

Are the forester guys supposed to be producing fur?

I got this error last night after I built the lumberyard and someone tried to stock lumber. So I disabled all mods except for Maritime mods and got the same message. Next I will try it with just the Pine Set to see if it happens with no other mods whatsoever. I test these things while testing my personal mod thing so no games are being hurt. ;)

Never mind; only happens in the dev version. Because I'm too dumb to /onlypkg

Quote from: brads3 on May 22, 2017, 07:46:08 PM
KAR,you are hired. you test and report back good and bad points.good find.

Thanks. ;) Unfortunately I don't know if there's a way to 'fix' the diagonal buildings because I don't think you can do the solid parts like so:

xx
xxx
x

But then again, the pine storage unit is solid like this:

x

xx

Karlieb

Oh, I see. The "Maple Forestry" building is collecting furs, pelts, maple sap. But it's also planting trees but not cutting the ones it plants. There's also a weird gap in between the "Cut" and "Plant" buttons:

brads3

interesting changes. i would expect the forester to cut old trees as he plants the new.good that he collects what he finds as he plants too.do you have other foresters? i would check the log production via the TH. he may be harvesting logs but it can't show on the small forester window.

Necora

@Karlieb nice pic, I guess those empty squares will come in handy. I couldn't figure out the best footprint for a diagonal building, so just made it 1x1.

About the foresters. When foresters go out to plant trees, they will clear any resources that are in the way. So they pick up stone, iron, and all of the gatherer/trapper items. There is a line in the code for these items that defines a specific profession to harvest them. In previous versions, this was defined as Trapper. So when the trapper cleared the resource, it produced the intended raw material (so clearing a beaver lodge will produce pelts). The issue is when someone else cleared the item, a laborer if you use the 'clear resources' button or clearing to make way for a building/crop field etc. or a forester when clearing to plant trees, with this line in the code the resource is simply cleared and nothing produced from it. So I edited out this line of code, making it so that no matter what profession clears the resources their raw materials are still produced. This does mean that the foresters will 'produce' these items, because they are clearing them away to plant trees. The UI for the past production is small, and does not automatically grow with more harvested items. So they will be harvesting more than what is shown there, that is just the order they were first picked up that year. I might increase this to show more lines.

Also, if you plant a maple forester, it will clear all other trees while planting new ones. It won't start harvesting the new trees until they have reached a certain age, so it can take a while to transition from one type of forest to another. You can speed this up by clearing all resources in the forester radius when building the tower. This does not have to be done for the vanilla foresters, they use the trees already on the map, but it will happen for the pine and maple forester.

And the UI, I was trying a code which worked on other buildings but didn't notice that it messed up these ones, so it will be fixed for the final version.

Cheers!

QueryEverything

Very quick @Necora (love, love, love the updates the last 2 days & vote +1 for the @RedKetchup + @Necora cross over fodder palooza!)  moving on ..

The titles of the Pine buildings are squished, seems like you took the empty spaces from my title box and placed them in @Karlieb UI :)  No matter, it's not game altering.

I think this set is brilliant, thank you for pushing out the beta :D
Just a new setup I quite fancy :)  Night :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

hmm interesting fix. it is good that our laborers don't just trash beaver lodges anymore.this should give more resources to the beginnings of games since everyone will be able to collect all kinds of items. it brings questions though. can the start maple trees  produce sap since it too could be harvested?and we could add a few apples to the start map?not a lot but a few near the start point or if needed 1% of the trees on the map? does this gathering ability transfer to other gatherers as well? so a vanilla gatherer can or will harvest pelts if he finds a trap or beaver lodge? and will he collect apples?
   KARL are you running CC?? i'd like to see a test of the stone or iron gatherer wit this new way.it might be interesting to see what all they would find.or a renewable resource mod stone or iron planter.

QueryEverything

Hi @Necora I've found another bug.

The straight Colourful Pine Cabin converts to a Diagonal Colourful Pine Cabin when it is upgraded.  No other houses/cabins so far are affected by this - only the straight Colourful Pine Cabins.

When placing the cabins, it's exactly as planned.  When clicking on the house, everything is as planned, even the upgrade icon is correct - then boom, diagonal Colourful Pine Cabins
I have also noted that the name is correct when clicking on the upgraded cabin 'Upgraded Pine Cabin'.

I've attached screenshots for you. :)

In the single screenshot where the houses are highlighted, the diagonal houses in the back row are correct, the front row were the Colourful Pine Cabins, the screenshot is to show the house title and UI.

QueryEverything

1 more bug - or, not sure if you hadn't squished it, or it made it's way back in - we're back (still at???) 2 sets of eggs.
Yours, and CC's - I think you said over at BL it was an 'egg' vs 'eggs' situation.

I was wondering why I had 5000 eggs, but no baking!!  hahaha ...  then I checked again and realised I have 2 egg icons.

marmaladema

the vanilla chickens produce one kind, the maritimes coop and wild spawn produce the other for me.

QueryEverything

Not sure if this is a bug, or just a visual glitch given that the woodchopper is so tiny, and the demolish button is right at the drop down, but whilst the building is being demolished, it's a weird "gappy" thing in the chopper UI.

It's just odd.  :)  Could also be nothing.  It doesn't worry me really as I don't normally go back to check on it, it just caught my eye when I was moving things around. :)

PredatorBeing

I like where this set is going. Like thew houses and introduction to new Canadian chains.

Really nice use of foresters to gather specific goods for chains in its own specific areas. Towers are nice but you only get to see them briefly :(
A generic forester with a drop down box to select what should spawn in the radius, wonder if that's doable?

Absolutely love the trees that the Pine Forester puts out, wish the whole map was nothing but those three, an entirely forested over map the same density throughout. Cant wait to make use of the genius empty square.

One look I have been wanting to see with towers if something that breaks the tree line. Somewhere in the center of the photo below is a Pine Forester tower. The forester in the vanilla game came close but fell short in the magnificent forest below. The top of a tower breaking thru the trees would look fantastic I think. If towers are being overtaken by trees I wouldn't call them towers, there stumps the children play on. Something with a 2x2 base and build up. Anyone out there willing to take that up, please.

This is how forest were meant to be done! Nailed it! Great job!

brads3

PREDATOR
how are the gathering numbers now? have you tried the trapper? how much do the workers pick up just clearing to build?do you play with or without the NAT DIV?