News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Pine Set V105

Started by Necora, February 27, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PredatorBeing

I'm jumping around trying out the new mods. I mostly just got a feel for the chains and tried building a little of everything. I did seem to gather quite a lot of barrels of, I believe it was, Pine Resin, seemed like overkill. At the same time, perhaps I also needed more  production using it, so I don't know for sure, just a quick try out. I may go back and look a bit closer at it this weekend. I just had to jump on DS Blast Furnace and Industry Mining, and Red's Garden Utility, with Nat Div.

So much great stuff, thank you all for your time and talent.

brads3

i know the feeling. i finally took time and played longer maps. i keep having to adjust the mod order.do want to check the new pine sets soon.problem i notice is we need new and more storage.other than EB's markets we are limited with the new tags.CC has cellars and then higher grade barns.at the moment i'll have to use KID's covers and make more piles.have you tried the pine without the NAT DIV? it would give thicker forests but you give up the meadows.

Necora

Hello all,

The 104 BETA mod has been updated to a full release with bug fixes.

Note - I did this a couple of months ago now, but the download links didn't update as I hoped they would before I went away and I've not been able to fix this until now. Also, as it has been a while, I can't remember most of what was changed, so sorry for no detailed change list.

In reply to @PredatorBeing above, yeah, some of the production chains are not complete as they will merge with other chains from other mods (this was initially one continuous maritimes mod that went modular). So there will be somethings that have little use right now, but hopefully not for long especially with the increase in build requirements.

Cheers!

adelegarland

@Necora -   I've got a question...   Has anyone mentioned a lack of Pine Resin?   For some reason, I have been getting no resin anymore. I'm using all of EMB's mods and lately using the CC docks.   Any ideas?   By the way I love the pine stuff and am looking forward to more goodies in the future!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

@adelegarland hmm, not heard that. No other mods should have an impact on the pine forester. The resin only spawns from the pine forester tree set, so as long as you have a pine forester tower built you should get the resin. I just booted up a save game and it is being produced ok there.

adelegarland

@Necora Hmmm   weird, I've done 3 towns to test and after about 7 years, I have Pine Boughs galore - but no Resin.  I just started another town and have placed all your mods at the top in this order...Flax patch, New Pine Flora, Pine set, Nat Div 1.1, maritime deco. Sherbrooke village, Mar Riffle, PEI shore, Mar Storage collection, ns inshore, mar dock set, and crystal cliffs.   everything else after.  I'll let you know if resin shows up.

adelegarland

@Necora and @kralyerg Its a conflict with the CC Docks Mod.   After disabling the CC Docks mod, the resin came back!   Enabled CC Docks again and the production of resin ceased.

brads3

interersting problem. did you change the mod order and re-try?

adelegarland

@brads3 -yes, put Docks before pine set and below, both produced the same result.

brads3

did you try the compatibility 1.07 mod from CC with it? noty sure it would help but might be worth trying.

adelegarland

@brads3 Yes I have it toward the top of the load order.

brads3

that is very strange then. i take it you don't have CC with the dock both?did you run the game with the pine forester and cache for several years? it takes 5-10 years to get the pine trees planted and producing. you do have the newest pine mod and not the original that included NECORA's docks and sherbrooke,right?

adelegarland

I dont have the complete cc just the docks,   I'm checking the versions of Necoras stuff now.  I have all the latest files.

Necora

@adelegarland this is a head scratcher.

I managed to download the dock set (my internet is extremely slow so downloading mods is a mission).

I went through the file list, and there are no conflicting files in there that I can immediately see that would impact the spawning of certain resources from the pine forest.

I ran the game with just docks and pine, docks above pine, and no resin was spawned from the trees.

I also ran with pine above docks, and again no resin.

I also noticed that there are two types of trap missing also, for fur and pelt. Do you have a trapper in those woods? If so, what is it producing? From a well established pine forest, the trapper should be producing eggs, game, fur, and pelt. Mine only produced eggs and game. I couldn't see the trap models for fur and pelt, a snare trap and a dead fall trap.

There are two things I don't understand...

1 - why the load order doesn't seem to change the issue - although, docks does change the spawn section of NaturalResourceTree.rsc, but I'm not sure why. I had a good look around, and if you load docks on top, none of the maritimes natural resources spawn in the initial 'vanilla' forest. If you load pine on top, all of them spawn, but it doesn't seem to change what dock resources also spawn, so I'm at a loss as to why the load order isn't having the desired effects on loading resources. Or why it wouldn't reverse the blocking of resin and the two traps.

2 - what the dock set could have changed that would effect what resources are spawned by the pine tree, which is it's own unique file name with no conflicts - NaturalResourceMaritimesPineTreeSet.rsc (bit of a mouthful that - but all the more reason for no conflicts).

We'll have to call in the big guns... @kralyerg do you have an idea here?

raerae2

Just to add a wrinkle to the problem. I have also noticed that the pine resin is not being produced from the pine forest. I don't have the CC Dock set, but do have CC Journey (I think that is the latest version) installed. It seems to have changed when the Pine set came out of Beta when Necora got back. Beta version of Pine set had pine resin, latest version does not. I have not looked at it close enough to notice about the traps for fur and pelts.

CC is loaded after the Pine set. I don't have Nat Div loaded, but do have the New Pine Flora.