> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

Quote from: Necora on August 19, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
Peek-a-boo

What have I missed?

Welcome back !

How was your holiday ?

Tell us all about the jungle, where did you go ?

Necora

Thanks for the welcome back all. Good to see you all again.

@brads3 Yup I had no hand in the water.

@ancientmuse the jungle was awesome. I was in Dominica, a very beautiful island in the Caribbean. Spend 2 months there studying coral reef ecology and climate change, was an amazing experience and am missing it greatly.

I have not had time to do much modding, but have been stalking the forums and seeing what has been going on. There are some awesome things being released at such a rate, I'm struggling to keep up with all of the developments of the likes of @embx61, @kid1293  and @RedKetchup . It is great to see you guys still going at it, I was worried things would have died down by the time I returned, esp as it seems rather quiet over at BL.

brads3

you will miss it more by january.LOLit is quieter but not dead at all. KRAY did stop and say a few words last wk or so,so there is life out there yet.good luck catching up.

QueryEverything

Welcome back @Necora :) 
I've been in the naughty corner for the last 2 months.  :(

@embx61 says I can come out now, I think I'm ready, just still a little soft round the edges. :)  So, great timing for both of us.  You need to get creative again, I need to annoy someone new again ... hahaha (kidding)... 

It's good to see you back. 
Sending a PM shortly. :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

If it was for me you never ended up in the naughty corner in the first place.

You think you are ready????? Nope, wrong approach. You ARE ready  ;)  :D
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

I had a bit of time for Banished lately, so I've been working on a set that has been on the back burner for a while. In fact, the tailor of this set was the first building I ever made, and since then it has slowly been progressing. Here are a couple of winter teasers. If anyone remembers these buildings, they have been re-crafted quite substantially. I have a couple more things to add, then it will be ready for release.

embx61

looking good.

good to see you back at it Necora :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

raerae2

Pretty. I really like that church in the center of the second picture.

Abandoned

Hello @Necora , that set looks very nice.  Welcome back, I have not forgotten your great sets and have a story in mind for the Pine set later in fall.  I will look forward to this one in winter.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on September 12, 2017, 10:57:24 PM
I had a bit of time for Banished lately, so I've been working on a set that has been on the back burner for a while. In fact, the tailor of this set was the first building I ever made, and since then it has slowly been progressing. Here are a couple of winter teasers. If anyone remembers these buildings, they have been re-crafted quite substantially. I have a couple more things to add, then it will be ready for release.

Sweet goddess!!  Seriously ... you're leading the statement with, "If anyone remembers these buildings".  You know that' a pitchfork offence from my camp!!  :D

Looking forward to this release, one of my most missed mods. 

Thanks for the update @Necora :D

ps:  a small request (you weren't going to get away without one), with this set, can we please have a couple of 'coverings'.  Maybe a couple of 1x2, 2x2, 2x4 sized ones.
Lean-to & free style ones.  Mainly to go over say the stock piles, but also other bits and pieces.  Setting one up as a shade area, a chair underneath, some scattered decos, alongside a little fishing hole :)  As well as coverings for the tiny chopper & so on.   
Please & thank you for your consideration :D

Necora

Thanks all. The set is coming on, just deciding if I want to add any more production buildings to it. I think I might wait on more for now, and do a couple of other things I have planned. So I will get this balanced up as is. There, I just decided. One of the main things I've been working on with this set is adding some more detail to other sides of the buildings. Originally, everything faced inwards, i.e. there were doors and windows etc. on the front or 'inside' (i.e. courtyard side) of the buildings, but nothing on the back and sides. This looked a bit too bland especially with the taller buildings, and meant some houses only had 1 small window. So for the 1 level houses I added a large window in the roof facing forward (giving the impression that the roof has a room in it too) and also a small slit window protruding from the roof at the back. I've also added the slit windows to the 2nd level of the taller buildings, so you can imagine a little bit of light to come through and also some where to stick a gun/bow out of when under attack. It is a fort after all. I also extended the overhanging aspect of the 2 level buildings to the rear, because I think it is a rather neat feature.

So I had a funny little mistake happen when editing some of these buildings, the resulting screenshots are attached to this message. What do you think of those textures? I made a few changes to the inner corner buildings, and must have somehow re-ordered or something the textures in the blender file some how. I went to test them in a save game, and this occurred. The corner buildings were already built, and some how the textures got mixed up so that in two of the buildings what is meant to be the door texture became the roof, the roof became the walls, the walls became the chimney, the door hinges became the support beams, and I think it is the chimney that became the frames. In the third building the window glass became the roof and the door became the chimney. I took the pictures because there is something I really like about those texture combinations... the door as a roof looks like copper, and the window as a roof makes a nice cream colour. The shingles as a wall look just awesome, and there is something pleasing about how the new walls, roof, and frame seem to complement each other. Perhaps I've stumbled onto a new colour variant!

@embx61 your irrigation ditches make for awesome moats ;) could put in a request for a 1 tile wide ghosted piece if you every fancy an update?

@raerae2 it is a neat church. It is based on a church in town here that I've always thought looked pretty cool, IRL it is grey with red trim which is a bit different, and has a nice shape. I wanted to get it into the game and at the same time was struggling to fit a church into the wall to wall fort set when I walked passed it one day and thought 'hey! That will fit!'. So there it is. I might make an variant of it with the IRL colours, but that might be included into a chuch add-on I want to do at some point. It is not a very historic or old church, just looks cool.

@Abandoned that is nice to hear, I am looking forward to what you can come up with :)

@QueryEverything it won't be long. And re. coverings, I've actually been working on a set. They have been something I wanted to introduce for a long time but never got around to it. Differently from other sets out there, these are going to be a puzzle set, that can be used to make a 1x1 covering or something of any size and shame, so an L or T or +, 3 long, 10 long, what ever. I will make them in a dark wood to fit the pine set, a white to fit the sherbrooke set, and a gray to fit the port royal set.

brads3

the copper roof and gray siding isn't bad but not with the dark chimney. that yuky greenish roof has to go though.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on September 13, 2017, 07:06:15 PM
Thanks all. The set is coming on, just deciding if I want to add any more production buildings to it. I think I might wait on more for now, and do a couple of other things I have planned. So I will get this balanced up as is. There, I just decided. One of the main things I've been working on with this set is adding some more detail to other sides of the buildings. Originally, everything faced inwards, i.e. there were doors and windows etc. on the front or 'inside' (i.e. courtyard side) of the buildings, but nothing on the back and sides. This looked a bit too bland especially with the taller buildings, and meant some houses only had 1 small window. So for the 1 level houses I added a large window in the roof facing forward (giving the impression that the roof has a room in it too) and also a small slit window protruding from the roof at the back. I've also added the slit windows to the 2nd level of the taller buildings, so you can imagine a little bit of light to come through and also some where to stick a gun/bow out of when under attack. It is a fort after all. I also extended the overhanging aspect of the 2 level buildings to the rear, because I think it is a rather neat feature.

So I had a funny little mistake happen when editing some of these buildings, the resulting screenshots are attached to this message. What do you think of those textures? I made a few changes to the inner corner buildings, and must have somehow re-ordered or something the textures in the blender file some how. I went to test them in a save game, and this occurred. The corner buildings were already built, and some how the textures got mixed up so that in two of the buildings what is meant to be the door texture became the roof, the roof became the walls, the walls became the chimney, the door hinges became the support beams, and I think it is the chimney that became the frames. In the third building the window glass became the roof and the door became the chimney. I took the pictures because there is something I really like about those texture combinations... the door as a roof looks like copper, and the window as a roof makes a nice cream colour. The shingles as a wall look just awesome, and there is something pleasing about how the new walls, roof, and frame seem to complement each other. Perhaps I've stumbled onto a new colour variant!

@embx61 your irrigation ditches make for awesome moats ;) could put in a request for a 1 tile wide ghosted piece if you every fancy an update?

@raerae2 it is a neat church. It is based on a church in town here that I've always thought looked pretty cool, IRL it is grey with red trim which is a bit different, and has a nice shape. I wanted to get it into the game and at the same time was struggling to fit a church into the wall to wall fort set when I walked passed it one day and thought 'hey! That will fit!'. So there it is. I might make an variant of it with the IRL colours, but that might be included into a chuch add-on I want to do at some point. It is not a very historic or old church, just looks cool.

@Abandoned that is nice to hear, I am looking forward to what you can come up with :)

@QueryEverything it won't be long. And re. coverings, I've actually been working on a set. They have been something I wanted to introduce for a long time but never got around to it. Differently from other sets out there, these are going to be a puzzle set, that can be used to make a 1x1 covering or something of any size and shame, so an L or T or +, 3 long, 10 long, what ever. I will make them in a dark wood to fit the pine set, a white to fit the sherbrooke set, and a gray to fit the port royal set.

Haha, what a whoopsie @Necora

I really like the beige, would suit a river/beachside area, or an inland forestry settlement, the colour would blend rather than stand out, excellent for camo in a fort ;)

The orange, that's unusual, I like it.  It suits the road you made, and could then be a natural colour progression between a seaside town with the Shore buildings to the local Fort, the building style changes, but the colour keeps the 'theme'.  The roads used also being the red/orange, one would think you were in a drier area of the continent, rich with the deep ochres, reds and clay colouring of the earth.  Interesting designs there ...

The grey sidings, I'm not sold on (obviously as a whoopsie), but if broken up with different trimmings could look really good, and excellent say in a mining district, what with the feel of stone colours and metal etc.  :)

I really like the idea of the alternate colour of the church too, sounds intriguing.  And would fit in with any of your other mods as well.  :)

Your coverings sound cool, I like the idea of them, puzzle pieces and versatility is excellent and I think that is what we will have when you release. :)