Main Menu

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, March 10, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

thanks @RedKetchup , disappointed but will look forward to it at a later date.  :)

gatinho65

Hey RK, I used to love this mod when I played with Banished a few years ago and struggled with playing it on a mac lol, so happy it worked then. Now I have a pc and can play with so many mods I never got to use before. I've wanted to use this one again but although it will enable and seems to work fine with a saved game, it does not produce anything at all, no fodder and no fields. Where is it supposed to be in the load order? I'm using NatDiv2.pkm, is this GW utility supposed to be above NatDiv in the load order, or below it?

Right now I'm playing with with this load order:

RKVanilla TP
Flax Patch
EB Unified Mod
New Pine Flora
New Flora
Pine Set
NatDiv2.pkm
GW Utility down the list after a lot of other DS mods

I also used to get lots of reeds along waterways with a game, now I don't see any unless I build one of the reeds gatherers who plant them. I'm sure it is a load order thing but not sure what it should be to get all the great various flora and fauna. Thanks for any tips on making these mods work well together;)

Edit: Just needed to update this. I demolished the farm, then rebuilt it, and this time after two years the fodder fields grew. I have no idea why lol, maybe it was just when I planted the first one, the wrong season and it took longer for the fields to grow. In any case, this mod is probably working as it should.

brads3

you must have some power to use the Nat Div 2. you need the garden utiity above the Nat Div,otherwise you will get thatch grass instead of fodder on the map. remember also that the Nat Div needs a medium start setting to perform.

with that much power would you prefer the RKEC and get the fodder plus RED's wild animals? you basically are making the Nat Div obsolete.the only way you would get thatch grass<< texture only> is by using a thatch hut to plant it.fodder and thatch do interchange.

1 thing that does happen but is subtle usually is by adding more items each shows up ess often. if you have 10 items you have a 10% chance of getting each 1.now say you add ore and double to 20 items being gathered. you now have half the chance of each 1.so yes you would see less reeds that way. the overall total gathered will be the same with a lot more variety.

RedKetchup

yeah if you want to have the fodder on the ground, it needs to be optop of your list :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

gatinho65

Ah, interesting to learn that there is a limit built in regardless of the mods for various things. So adding lots of new flora, natdiv and meadows still only adds up to a total of some kind, right? I've noticed a very significant drop in herb harvests, even though I keep vast areas of old growth for them. Is that also related to some kind of overall total of some kind?

Right now, I usually use the reaper hut to plant the grasses for thatch, and eventually dismantle it because I like the thatch and wild things growing in town. I used to do the same with the fodder farm and that is how I am using them now as well, after I realized the meadows are growing. I put the meadows around the mining areas, its not realistic but more for aesthetics lol. I have no reeds anywhere unless I build the little reed reaper across small streams. Are you saying that if I put the RK GW utility above NatDiv, I will get meadows to start with in places? As well as reeds?

@brad3: By medium start do you mean difficulty level? I have been using an easy start in a mild climate so I can learn all the systems before trying a more difficult start, especially as I've wanted to get more comfy with all the DS mining and other productions chains. On an easy start I get nothing new/mod related growing on the ground at the beginning except the new flora I think, no grasses and no meadows without building farms and reaper huts. Is that how it is supposed to be, or are you saying that a bare start is only on a difficult start, on easier start levels some of these things should already be there at the beginning?

I've hesitated to use the RKEC mod because I've already been using EB Unified mod and the Maritime tree mods, are they all compatible? If I want to use RKEC, and stop using NatDiv, would I get both grasses and fodder meadows just from using RKEC?

I love necora's maritime trees, that is why I almost always use New Pine and Pine Set, I also like the production chains, maple and pine forest products. Can I use these mods as well as RKEC, or do I need to enable only one mod with trees?

I don't think I will experiment with my existing town, I will have to see what happens with a new game start using the various combos. If I wanted fodder meadows, new flora, grasses/thatch, maple and pine industries, plus new tree models rather than vanilla trees, what combo might give those? Any suggestions for load order?

Ha yes, my new pc was bought so I could play Red Dead R2 when it comes out, it can handle all the mods I want to add, even on the highest graphic settings, so Banished looks incredibly beautiful. I just need to figure out how to record some of my following a citizen sequences to make short video clips in case I want to share some.

EDIT: I have now found the RKEC page with all the details, looks like it includes necoras trees as well, I need to get a handle on where to find info on the forum lol, apologies for asking questions when answers are already there if I can learn how to find them;)

brads3

we should start you your own page for questions.

start settings can take soe learning. we can add gathering items and adjust trees.we can affect the terrain or landscape. grass and rocks are controlled by your start base mod. the general rule is the highest mod sets the map and overrides anything from the mods below it. so in your case,you could get reeds and thatch but give up the fodder. the buildings will process thatch as fodder and vice versa. we get the same thing with different ore options of copper oreiron ore,and clay or sand. the game won't let us have everything at once.   

map start settings matter to this also. some mods work on medium difficult level but do not on hard or a setting designed by a modder. you have to pick and choice which items you want. some wil work on other settings some will not. to test mod order start with a medium setting.once you have the mod order to your liking, then change the start settings and RE-TEST it.there is no way to get fodder and thatch growing at the startof a map. you can plant either from their huts. both work in place of the other. hence you can feed the stables with thatch and still have greenhouses.

pine mod can be added to the RKEC. you have to add the Crystal Cliffs mod with the pine mod. this will not work on all start settings with the atest RKEC version.