News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EB Markets Set - Updated July 27 2018

Started by embx61, April 22, 2017, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Okay, I followed RedKetchup's advice and got rid of that Edible part in the fill part of the code.

Uploaded Version 17002 to reflect the change. Should be Save compatible.

@QueryEverything

Discrepancy have the baskets, fishing gear, flagged as Crafted (Custom0)
My blacksmith Market don't have that flag.

But do you really want this flag? As @Nilla pointed out these are the products, just as the tools, the blacksmith create and normally you want only products what the blacksmith is using to create his stuff. If I add (What is easy to do) the Custom0 flag it will also store all other Custom0 items the blacksmith will not use at all like glass, glassware and such.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on May 05, 2017, 02:14:56 AMCustom0 flag it will also store all other Custom0 items the blacksmith will not use at all like glass, glassware and such.

No, that's not good...

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 05, 2017, 01:48:12 AMso I didn't need multiple storage and markets in my Outposts that I have around the map for mainly just (at this moment) hunters & butcher & a tailor

Well, sometimes you need to consider that the assigned flags will have a "global" impact... I don't think it's really cool to spread flags for hunters and tailors just to serve some distant outpost, when at the same time this will swamp regular or dedicated markets as well.   :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeah, I agree @Paeng.

The limitation we can only use flags and not assign direct resources to the markets makes it hard to make certain markets and to function properly.

And the more resources are added the harder it will get.

I personally think that players can either put a full market down (A bit of about everything) or put separate markets together to suite their needs for that area.

It can be either 3, 4 or 5 markets to full fill the need for that area and combining for example those 3/4/ or 5  into 1 yet again will bring storage problems in the long run as the markets get flooded with stuff the players rather not have there.

That was honestly the whole purpose of the market set so players can add several needed small markets to an area where they are in need of certain materials and not others instead of dumping a big 1 market what sells all down.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on May 05, 2017, 04:12:57 AM
Quote from: embx61 on May 05, 2017, 02:14:56 AMCustom0 flag it will also store all other Custom0 items the blacksmith will not use at all like glass, glassware and such.

No, that's not good...

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 05, 2017, 01:48:12 AMso I didn't need multiple storage and markets in my Outposts that I have around the map for mainly just (at this moment) hunters & butcher & a tailor

Well, sometimes you need to consider that the assigned flags will have a "global" impact... I don't think it's really cool to spread flags for hunters and tailors just to serve some distant outpost, when at the same time this will swamp regular or dedicated markets as well.   :)

Yup, figured on the global impact, and so far it hasn't actually been too disastrous :)  There hasn't been over crowding with nonsense in 1 market and nothing in another, and maybe every 5 years or so I go through and recalibrate the markets.  Clearing them all out, letting the Vendors run around a bit, then reclaiming them, and off we go again, but, in saying that, that was happening anyway with the large markets regardless, so I don't find it challenging :)

I'm just happy that @embx61 didn't think me too crazy and was very kind to have made the couple of extra ones for me, they are great, and working out well.  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]