News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Stone House Addon V1.24

Started by kid1293, April 28, 2017, 02:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Another fabulous set from you, Kid, that I recently discovered!  The small stone houses are super cute!  I was wondering if the roofs to the church and school are supposed to be white only, differing from the roofs from the other buildings in the set.  Personally, I would like them to be the same as the others.  It was making my townies think the snow never melts off the church and school roofs.

With so many different mod sets I have found that I love, that all don't go together in the same neighborhood, I need to make different "mini towns" on the same map so I can use them all!

embx61

Yes

All us modders have our own design and creativity ideas.

We try to stay as compatible as possible with the resources but the design and creative aspects are our own.
The good thing about it is that there is so much diversity.

There is always something to find what they like for about every player.

Creating mini towns is a good way to use a lot of mods and several area's blend together quite well.
brads is doing this currently in his blog.

Some players choose only several mods for the map they plan to play what they think goes to together close enough.
Then for a next map they choose some other mods.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

galensgranny

I still wish that Kid would one day make the school and church not all white but in the same color palette as the homes. I love that salmon almost pinkish tone.  And also, I wish he would make a matching house with a footprint a bit larger than the cute tiny house, but smaller than the tower house/business stackable building.  Or, maybe another modder would make something on the scale of the cute mini house, but a bit larger in that same color palette.  I wish I could mod.

kid1293

Quote from: galensgranny on August 28, 2017, 05:25:04 PM
I still wish that Kid would one day make the school and church not all white but in the same color palette as the homes. I love that salmon almost pinkish tone.  And also, I wish he would make a matching house with a footprint a bit larger than the cute tiny house, but smaller than the tower house/business stackable building.  Or, maybe another modder would make something on the scale of the cute mini house, but a bit larger in that same color palette.  I wish I could mod.

Hi Granny!
If I do the school and chapel in the same palette they will look like any other house.
But I agree on the roof. It does not have to be white. But do we want all roofs the same?
I want to keep the walls. They sort of signal that this is a different building.
And I like them! That's all only minor changes.
The problem is that I am now trying to mod something entirely different.
I can put that on hold and go for a 'middle' sized house. 4x4 plus road should be fine.
No angled variants. Maybe the mod gets big. I don't know.
I'll let you know what I will do.

galensgranny

Oh yes, I agree, Kid, that if the school and church matched totally to the cute little houses, then the school and church would look like just any other house.  But, they do need in a bit of color in my opinion.  I think the roof colors of all those buildings being the same color is fine.  Or maybe that tannish color that is used on the borders of the salmonish color roofs and window frames.

A 4x4 middle sized house would be great.  Angled variants aren't needed.  I have scarcely used any angled buildings- just small sheds or maybe a very small house. 

I love this set so am thrilled that you are considering doing just a bit more with it!  I appreciate your thinking to put your other project on hold for a bit.

Abandoned

@kid1293 just a thought regarding church and school roof color, what about f-variants, 1- keeping the original but adding 2- a set matching color and a 3rd choice the dark green color of the ivy.  I think that would look nice as well as retaining the uniqueness.  Hi @galensgranny   :)

kid1293

I already have f-key variant. With/without ivy.
I guess the simple solution is to give school and church same roof as other houses
while keeping the woodedge and walls.

Green roof? That's a new one. :)

galensgranny

Sounds, good, Kid- giving the church and school the same roof as the other houses.  :)   I'm working on a village now with the other items in the set and waiting for my bannies to get some education and religion (in color coordinated buildings, of course.)

I am having an interesting time arranging the tower pieces to make a large apartment complex over embx1's Material's Store and your bottom level smith from this set.  Of course I selected one of your stone textures that coordinated with embx1's material's store.  It's great that the upper levels of the stone towers can be smooshed together one partly inside the other  And that decorative trim that is included in the set really makes it all better.

Hello, Abandoned.  So you like green.  Green roofs are fine in general but unless there were other available buildings in the same color scheme, just that school with a green roof would be kind of an odd building out.  Unless there were other items that matched in some way.

Abandoned

oh oh, @galensgranny , you will get me in trouble with Kid if we suggested more matching green buildings.  :)  The green roof would match the ivy on the walls and cemetery and some shrubbery, nice for a separate area away from the houses.

galensgranny

Quote from: Abandoned on August 29, 2017, 05:41:59 AM
The green roof would match the ivy on the walls and cemetery and some shrubbery, nice for a separate area away from the houses.

Oh yes, that would be nice.

kid1293

@galensgranny & @Abandoned

No green roof yet. :) Maybe, maybe...

But a new house and changed roof on chapel and school.

galensgranny

Wonderful, Kid!  Eager to download.

Abandoned

Very nice indeed  :) thank you Kid and thank you @galensgranny for suggesting it.  :)

kid1293

I'm trying for another house before I upload.

Green roof? - - - Why? Is it better than white?

Abandoned

No, green not necessarily better than white, I just thought it would look good on the church to match the ivy, maybe even mossy looking but the matching roof you made looks very nice on the church and school so green one is not really needed.  Maybe later for something else.  :)