Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 15, 2018, 03:31:51 AM
it looks awesome !!!  8)

Thank you  ;D

if anyone has trouble with the download above of DS Celtic House and Village, I have also uploaded to Nexus Mods - Here.

Tom Sawyer

An exciting set of items. Have it in game right now and some thoughts about it. One is that these palisades could provide the safety aspect of happiness. A rather small radius but big enough to cover the area of a surrounded village or so. Then they would have a use if we can get the happiness system to work. Just a thought. Also I find many items a bit too large but that might be a matter of taste.

twilightbreeze

About the Celtic Mod....

You could build a "house" that looks like a barrow for the cemetary, basically, a long house with a sod roof that looks like the terrain to simulate a small hill. Maybe various sizes? Call it a "barrow" or "cairn" and it's the cemetery. No headstones, just a burial ground.

I hope you understand what I mean.

"Barrow, in England, ancient burial place covered with a large mound of earth. In Scotland, Ireland, and Wales the equivalent term is cairn. Barrows were constructed in England from Neolithic (c. 4000 bc) until late pre-Christian (c. ad 600) times. Barrows of the Neolithic Period were long and contained the various members of a family or clan."

Also, why no meeting house/town hall?

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

elemental

A great idea but something similar was discussed a while back. It was suggested that a crypt might be able to replace a cemetery. But unfortunately Red and the other modders weren't able to make it work. I don't know if it's truly impossible, but it has been looked at before.

It would be great if we could have a crypt or a barrow though. The bannie goths are getting too much sun hanging out in the cemetery. :)

twilightbreeze

If there was only a way to make a house, code it a cemetery, and roof it with sod down to the ground. Or make a cemetery, and put a cover on it that covers all of it except for a door. sigh.

And still, why no town hall?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Discrepancy

I am making a town hall building :)

I like the idea @twilightbreeze , I will see what I can come up with in terms of a cemetery and/or some earth houses.

Gatherer

@Discrepancy 

I'm trying to set up the correct load order for your mods and I seem to be missing an icon in the community toolbar. I've tried more than a dozen different load orders with just your mods enabled and the icon still refuses to show up.

This is my latest revised load order:
banishedUImod
banishedUI
DSLumberMill
DSWagonVendor
DSSmallVillageProduction
DSBlastFurnace
DSTownHouses
DSJettyAndBridge
DSSmallVillageServices
BetterStockPileStorage
BetterStockPiles
DSFruitVegBarn
DSSmallVillageStorage
DSCrestBlacksmith
DSPickandHenBrewery
DSAleHouse
DSBrycesButcher
DSRoads
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

@gathererer   Try Blast Furnace in the very top position in the load order!  It worked for me..
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Gatherer

Damn...I feel stupid now. Of course that works! Thank you @adelegarland

It was the DS Lumber Mill that prevented me from doing that before. I read on its download page to place it above all other DS mods.
Fiat panis.

adelegarland

that's the trouble with mods, each one wants to be first, we have to come up with a load order that fits too many requests for first position.   It's got me crashing right now...  grrrr!  I'm reinstalling on a new computer and there are over 220 mods in my game so first position is a real pain!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

tsabrack

I have currently dumped all of my mods and have all of DS's mods installed. Looking to get help to optimize a working load order for his set of mods. DS is an amazing modder and I would like to experience them all at once, but I keep crashing. Any Ideas. Current list of installed mods are: I have all of them!
DS Banished UI Improvements 1.4
DS Banished UI Maps 1.2
DS Banished UI Minimized Toolbar 0.9
DS Banished UI Professions 1.2
DS Terrain & Climates 1.0
DS Small Village Homes 1.3.2
DS Small Village Production 1.0.1
DS Small Village Services 1.1.2
DS Small Village Storage 1.2.2
DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining 1.1
DS Town Houses 2.1
DS Stone Hovels 1.3
DS Stone Bridges 1.0
DS Jetty & Bridges 1.02
DS Roads v4
DS Fences & Decorations 1.3
DS Celtic House & Village V2beta02
DS Pick & Hen Brewery 1.1
DS Lumber Mill 1.0
DS Styth Tower 2.2
DS Tunnel Mine 1.0
DS Wagon Vendor 2.2

Gatherer

See if this works:

DS Banished UI Improvements 1.4
DS Banished UI Maps 1.2
DS Banished UI Minimized Toolbar 0.9
DS Banished UI Professions 1.2
DS Terrain & Climates 1.0
DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining 1.1
DS Lumber Mill 1.0
DS Wagon Vendor 2.2
DS Small Village Production 1.0.1
DS Small Village Services 1.1.2
DS Small Village Storage 1.2.2
DS Pick & Hen Brewery 1.1
DS Styth Tower 2.2
DS Tunnel Mine 1.0
DS Small Village Homes 1.3.2
DS Town Houses 2.1
DS Stone Hovels 1.3
DS Celtic House & Village V2beta02
DS Stone Bridges 1.0
DS Jetty & Bridges 1.02
DS Roads v4
DS Fences & Decorations 1.3
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

remove the very first Banished UI Improvements 1.4 - you will not need this mod if you use the other Banished UI mods - it is currently out-dated and not compatible with latest 107 mods.

Keep the Pick & Hen & DS Roads at bottom of list.

Other than that it should work fine, though as mentioned above you will have missing toolbar icons unless you have DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining at top

raerae2

By the way Discrepancy, I am having trouble opening your .rar files. The .zip ones work fine. Also have been able to open kids .rar files. I also tried downloading from Nexus. No luck.

Love your mods. Thanks.

elemental

I mentioned this in another thread. I also had some problems with some of Discrepancy's recent rar files, and just like you I wasn't having any problems opening Kid's files.You might need to update your software, @raerae2. I updated my 7zip and then it all worked fine.