Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - SW Tequilaville - Story 14

Started by Abandoned, June 10, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on June 20, 2017, 10:16:16 AMadd more buildings
to Tequila mod

In my opinion - no, that mod is quite perfect as is... really no need for "bloat"  ;)

If you want to move in that direction, I'd suggest more "southern" items that can then be mixed with Mission, TeqMod, MexFantasy, WWest etc...

Just my 2 cent  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 If at some point you would want to add to Tequila mod I would only suggest a large hacienda ranch type house in the matching textures and a Taco Stand since one of the billboards mentions tacos..  The Mission has it's winery so doesn't need the tequila but has the kitchen with chili and tortilla.  I liked the Mission in the mountains and would have like other options for the Mission kitchen. The Wild West needs a rooming house I think.  With this selection of mods when I started getting more nomads my choice was vanilla or mission hostel.  I am building more mission units but not a whole separate complex.  Anything in particular you want to know?  Mexican Fantasy need a ladder to the roof  :)

Abandoned

Chapter 11

Last year, 17 nomads decided not to stay.  They wandered around for days in the desert before they finally saw the signpost we erected.  Maybe we would put up a few more farther away but first we had crops to plant.  The new bean field was far from the river and irrigation so it would need to be watered by hand, passersby willing picked up a bucket of water from the well to help out.  In spring of year 13, a gatherer's station was set up north of the mission hostel, 18 nomads saw the sign, the hostel, and the quiet garden, but they did not want to stay either.

In late summer, the first general goods merchant arrived at the new port.  We were amazed and pleased with our tequila's trade value and Vicent said he would take as much as we had.  We only traded 10 of our barrels and got 100 units of coal in return.  What a deal.  Everyone agreed we needed to expand our tequila production before we build a tequila bar but they didn't like having to wait longer for some tequila.   Problem was, although we prepared 2 new fields we did not have the laborers to work them, we needed what laborers we had to collect stone and iron as well as their normal duties. At least when the hot southwest wind blew it often uncovered bits of stone and iron in closer areas that had already been cleared so the laborers didn't have to always go so far in the hot summer sun.  We did build a tiny mine for iron or for coal.  The laborers said they would rather work in a cooler mine tunnel than over a hot charburner, but we couldn't spare any laborers to work the mine either.  Maybe next year.

Abandoned

Chapter 12

Year 13 ended badly.  In late winter, Raymund the farmer died of a weak heart.  It was a personal loss for our family; he was the husband of our eldest daughter, Brulalie.  They had only just wed and were living in one of the lower level adobe houses.  She of course was devastated.   Her brother, Efrench, moved in with her to keep her company in her grief.  Our 2 younger children were still at home and there was now 1 lonely gravestone in the town's cemetery. 

Despite our loss, by spring of year 14 our population had grown to 117, 58 adults, 19 students, and 40 young children, and then 12 nomads arrived and wanted to stay.  We did have room at the hostel and we needed workers even if our education rate would drop again.  Our food production would increase.  We added a hunter and built a gatherer's hut and new fishing pier and had plans for another smoking shed. 

By late winter 2 adobe houses and a mission house and school were completed.  The new fields would be planted next spring and that tequila bar would be built next year for sure.

Abandoned

Chapter 13

In spring of year 15 the new agave fields were planted.  We would need another worker in the agave crusher and more housing.  Although the agave did well in this dry desert heat we knew another cornfield  would need more water.  A short irrigation system was being constructed while the building materials for the tequila bar were being gathered.  The foundation had already been laid.  It was a good thing we planned to plant more corn next year because we lost 30% of this years corn to an early snow.  The bigger field would need 2 farmers.  We were also not real happy with our first peach harvest but the peaches we did get were delicious.

Construction of the tequila bar was well underway but was halted for a short time when Darvie the hunter was trampled by a wild boar in the forest to the north.  I worried about daughter, Beulalie, who was still gathering wild foods in the area just behind the construction site.  She was still living with her brother in the adobe complex.  But despite the delay, the tequila bar would be completed this year.

Abandoned

Chapter 14

As promised, the tequila bar was completed and open for business.  There was a fiesta with singing and dancing in the street to celebrate the opening.  The new irrigation system was also completed and was providing much needed water to the new corn field.  A protective wall was being constructed around the field but we were always short of stone now.

A tiny quarry was dug over by the tiny mine but nobody wanted to work there until a covering was built to shade the stone from the hot sun.

Our tequila industry was doing quite well.  The distillery could use another distiller, there was plenty of agave pulp in storage now.

There were a number of births this year, our population had had grown to 148, 76 adults, 25 students, and 47 young children.  Our education rate at the end of year 16 was 38%.

kid1293

Do you think tequila is too profitable?

Abandoned

@kid1293 too profitable, yes and no.  Considering fields and 2 buildings plus workers to get barrels, it is a really good profit as it should be.  Had I known I might have played this map differently and concentrated on tequila sooner and traded for food. I would not have needed tools and clothes for trade.  At this point I have more trade goods and profit than I need, unless the resource merchant starts bringing stone, and I won't be needed much more stone either.  I would think that profit is fine for a big map that relies on a lot of trade, so I think the profit is good the way it is.   I like the distillery producing barrels and the bar producing bottles, and I think all these building look really great on this terrain.  :)

Abandoned

Chapter 15

By year 17 we had settled into a routine of keeping an eye on our food and building supplies, and adding workers where needed.  When traders came we traded for tomatoes, peppers, beans, or coal.  When we had stone we continued building.  A  2nd mission kitchen would make corn tortilla while the first one continued to make chili con carne.  The 2nd corn field and trade goods would keep both kitchens busy year round.  A 2nd iron miner would help keep our blacksmith busy.

Our peach harvest was much better this year than it had been the year before.  Our corner store still had no merchant but laborers dropped off goods and customers picked them up.  The self service system seemed to be working well.  Had we built more houses on that side of town as originally planned a merchant would probably have been needed.

In spring of year 18 we decided not to grow lettuce, we planted the flax in that smaller field and more peppers in the larger field where the flax had been.  The riverboat traders often had flax so we could trade for more if we needed it. It was unlikely that we would need it since we were also gathering wild flax.

The 23 nomads that arrived did not want to stay even though more new housing was being added to the mission side of town.  On the main side of town a saloon was being built.  Those that did not like tequila looked forward to some good corn whiskey.  We would need more corn next year.

Abandoned

Chapter 16

In spring of year 19 the new corn field was planted.  Every spare bucket was used to bring water up from the well to water the new crop.  One of the boatmen said he heard there was now a water pump that could bring water up from the ground to fill an irrigation system.  Maybe one day we would have one of those but for now our wells and our water wheels would do.

Our currant housing was also sufficient for our needs.  The last mission unit was under construction and there were several locations in our valley where more housing could be added when needed.

In Early Spring of year 20 we had a population of 169, 85 adults, 41, students and 43 young children. Shockingly one of the young children was our own granddaughter, Genni.  No weary traveler, I don't want to talk about it.  There's already been enough talk around town.

But, yes weary traveler, we have done well here in the desert.  We were never short of food or water, or tools or clothing, and 45 % of our population are educated. In 20 years, we had no disasters.  We built a very nice looking town and we established a thriving tequila industry.  You must try some before you leave SW Tequilaville.

The End 

Abandoned

This is a sneak peak of a great Tequila addon by @kid1293 coming to a download section near you soon.  Set has 3-varient hacienda, a tomato green house, and a taco kitchen with tacos or salsa. 

embx61

Oh my gosh.

Some of those buildings from Kid are awesome.

I need to play a game again to admire and play with all the new stuff but Modding keeps me from playing besides some testing as the to do list is so huge.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]