News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Anyone maybe knows..?

Started by twilightbreeze, June 14, 2017, 12:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: twilightbreeze on June 14, 2017, 04:15:59 AM
Hmmm....no standalone mods? I really don't want to download yet another huge all-in-one mod, as I am having some issues with the two I have.

???
Both are stand alone mods. Unless we totally misunderstand eachother. Or rather, what do you mean with a stand alone mod? Each building separate? And I think you ought to look a bit, how large the mods are. As i said; the North isn't huge. It has 91M. There are some of what I find "smaller mods" of similar size. But it's your choice.

twilightbreeze

Ok. it's cool. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Edit: Ok, I had to remove all the DSSV stuff, and installed The North. Mostly looks good but  disappointed that the hunter, fishing, gatherer, herbalist, and trader are all the vanilla buildings. Was hoping for different look there. But ok. I'll try it. 

Edit again: Wow, the workers are so slow, even on max speed!  :(
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

brads3

i would read the comments for the map generator. that is an old mod and i believe it caused problems.i recommend dumping it and then empty the registry and restart completely. after that i would redo that  entire mod order.there are some explanations to how to do the order at the BL site.
this is a general guideline: starting from the top. any mod that afffects the game start map-such as no rain,more wood,age mods. anything that does not turn red ,you can toss to the bottom.building add-ons like a house or barn can go just above that. the middle should be the group and community mods. these sometimes need to be prioritized by affects.
    you can't just throw all mods into the game and hope they work. there is a method to how the game reads.by doing the order as i stated,it will get rid of many conflicts and isolate others.i have over 90 files in my windata. by using this guideline, i deal with groups of mods.once i lock the mods via my guide,i have a lot less to move around and decide how the game will react.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Nilla on June 14, 2017, 03:55:25 AM

Nomads Zero pop: Believe it or not, nomad attractors can cause crash problems. This is also a mod, that you rarely will need, not unless all of your population dies and you want to resettle a built settlement.

Interesting about the 0 nomad one, I haven't had any crashes ... I rarely play though long enough on a map to get to 0 pop from a wipe out, though I found yesterday I'd left my game on for 16 hours (my new kitten must've knocked it off pause the night before), and came back to a half population, lol  ...

Perhaps in one of the next mod updates a modder may be able to offer with their nomad attractor an update to include an option to also have a version of 0 pop, so I can dump that old mod.  I'd much rather play with current mods.
Thanks for the heads up @Nilla
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]