News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES:going north tests

Started by brads3, June 23, 2017, 08:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

not sure where to put these.NILLA sent me on an excursion.the attempts to use the NORTH mod would most likely fail. the 1/07 compatibility mod would not overcome the many differences between CC and the NORTH mods.they were not the only failed attempts.

mods added:brads smoke shed,KIDS houseboats,EB canals,NECORA crystal cliffs,sherbrooke,updated pine and riffle,and the NORTH.turned off several nordic mods.

this will probably FAIL. it is 90% chance of FAIL.this should only be attempted by advanced players.the NORTH plays at 1.06 and has changed much of the game. most likely there WILL be glitches in the iron chain.this is a foolish test.testing too many mods added together can cause problems.finding those issues and fixing the order will be near impossable.in the case of the NORTH,i wouldn't even look for them.i have tested it with CC and know of several issue points.will the new CC 1.07 compatable mod solve any???i think this is NILLA'S idea of a joke.even TOM SAWYER shakes his head at such a crazy insane attempt.

map: MAINE not quite to canada but close.nordic valleys,CC very large,mild,medium.
note under the north "mild"is canada.to get to a tempoerate climate i normally up the setting.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TEST 1 cc ABOVE THE NORTH

i have way more icons.if you have a nordic mod loaded plus the NORTH,you will get a tiny icon between others. a glitch from the game trying to load the same thing twice.one thing i notice the NORTH has brought with it,the mini map window has options.the small is smaller than normal and the medium is a tad too large.be nice to have an option between the 2 or the smaller to be larger than it is.we also have weird looking circle things on the map. i think it might be iron bloom covered in snow.we also have blank tagged icons to the professions window.the color of vanilla buildings have a darker texture. i have not seen any beaver lodges here this far north either.trapping may be affected with the mod changes.as i pan around the map i have noticed bird nests for eggs but no traps.

before i say anything else i should add a note:with CC above some buidings may override the NORTH'S if the have the same name in the coding.i see no blacksmith or bakery changes.we no longer have the red nordic wooden houses. we have 1 set of north cabins without grass covered roofs,and several that are.gras covered but require no thatch. bannies  collect "bloom" it is collected as iron ore.

to test, we built the charcoal and bloomery.as suspected this test fails. the worker carries charcoal back and forth. the bloomery does nothing with CC.at least we did not fatal error out.the pit and bloomery are disabled.our north tailor works the same way,carrying leather back and forth but doin nothing else. it is broken.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TEST 2 CC below the north.

with the NORTH above CC.i lose the pine and thatch mods at start.there is no meadows.how much other items would be missing??? fatal error occurs trying to clear iron bloom.

thatch is still required to build fenced pastures.starting with a village setting,the barns are fulll and the pile is over 80%.where are we to put stuff as we clear land?? ok,i guess the homes are empty as everyone runs to stock those up.we start with 5 seeds,2 grain and 3 veggy.shouldn't 1 be fruit if we are starting so well stocked?? chicken run seems to have a max at 11x11.before more land can be cleared our pile fills quickly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     i do like the darker textures.makes the buildings look more rustic.the stone texture looks good. the way iron bloom functions is a neat alternative though with CC it will not function. the brightness of the green doesn't fit such a cold climate.it also bothers my eyes. on the mini map the hills make the small version very hard to read.overall the north is a good alternate way to play banished. it brings different challenges.TOM continues to add to this and adjust it.
     though i could continue and workaround the bloom issue with CC above,i do have concerns. from past experience,there will be more glitches. the crayfish never seem to give a good output.with the new flag limits,i suspect the iron ore will cause a fatal error at some point.the tailor having problems makes me think more buildings are affected as well.

pic 1:start with CC above the north
pic 2:stone and iron textures
pic 3: iron is tagged as iron ore not bloom,
pic 4 the bloomery test fail.

RedKetchup

what are those ugly thing on the ground in the 2nd picture ? poop for some kind of gigantic animal ... ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TEST #3 NORTH mod disabled>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mods: turned north back off and the nordic mods on.moved EB canal mod up in that group.moved the  FO up in KID'S group. those sould help icon issues.

map settings:Ollis,192629059,cold valleys,very large,mild,medium.

objective:test the new pine mod upgrades.

the QUEEN has requested that we go north and explore more of this land.the 1st 2 expeditions went way to "THE NORTH". one was abandoned due to conflicting opinions on clothing and use of iron. the other was never heard from again.
    i hope she likes it in the dark cause this map is very bleak.guess we will have to hunt as i don't think much will grow without sunlight.it is also very windy here.
     there is 18 of us.we send out a trout fisherman and a quick hunter.an area to the north is located for a gathering hut,herbalist,and deer cabin.since 1 of our foresters has apple seedlings,he will start planting apple trees.to conserve our iron,we opt for IZBA houses.
     2 houses are completed by winter.as the workers clear ground for construction,they have found little food.though we hoped the sun would come out more in summer,it did not.
     the pine blacksmith can't make tools since we have no pine materials.the only option he offers is for iron.we will need our mini BS to make stone tools for the moment.
     one of the few complaints i have with NECORA'S mods is the scales. some buildings look smaller than they should.it is like we have a mini option then a jump to a huge option with the sherbrooke set.i do see some buildings have been scaled up. the pine tailor and school seem small still. the larger sized buildings also require lumber and iron to build. not a major issue but does take time to build to that level.
   is it my eyes or is the NORTH mod still making the textures darker to the vanilla huts and barn??it was disabled but not removed from the folder.

to help our food stocks,1 2nd gatherer is added to the hut.workers will also clear stone near the buildings.while the workers are busy keeping our log count up,the builder constructed a bridge to gain access to more land and supplies.
   though we don't need water i did run a test on EB's canal.with us so close to the water level,we didn't have to dig down very deep.we threw boards over the hole so children don't fall in and we have a nice pump and collecting tank.if we need more water we can opt for a bigger pumphouse.

hmm,we have an issue. the apple orchard is CC trees not NECORA's.we have a crate of apples and nobody picks it up.the gatherers have carried logs several times to the pine storage.quite strange. please note this mod is untested and more of a beta version.NECORA started to run tests and then left town due to his employment.biggest issue is the gathering hut seems to be broken and will not collect food no longer.what food the 2 gatherers carry and deliver does not count to the gathering huts's total.since this will make us short on food a pine vanilla gatherer is built.in the meantime,workers are sent across the bridge in search of food.the 2nd gatherer is sent to hunt.the gatherer runs across the bridge and works as a laborer.
definetly a weird glitch.i am not running any of the patches with the pine mod. to my understanding those deal with flax issues.NECORA'S mod is shutting down a CC chain.
   with the pine vanilla gatherer built and the worker switched,at least food is gathered again.however,no apples are collected and the gatherer seems slow to collect any food.a maple gatherer cache is built.
sadly the maple gatherer goes idle instantly with no maple forest.i did double check the apples and they can be collected as wild food.no gathering hut seems to pick them up though. by rights the vanilla gatherer should have harvested the apples since the orchard forests are part of the CC mod.this is bizarre.

reluctantly the 3rd test of heading north has failed. it is a miserable fail of the reknowned pine mod.the hopes of the gathering abilities have been shattered. i did debug and add the FO gatherer as well. he did not collect the aples but seemed busier than the other gatherers.he constantly ran around collecting roots,mushrooms,and onions.this fail makes me shake my head and stare at the screen. even if the coding is worded different between NECORA'S mods and CC,the CC parts should function with each other. they do not. i don't use the CC orchard foresters often.it was just odd luck that i tried them with this map.it made sence with the cold-valley map to not use crops and use gathering and hunting instead.the oine mod is too big and brings lots to the game. it definetly deserves more tests.as odd as this error is it is a tiny error compared to the good NECORA has brought to the game.do not take my wording as an attack against the mod,it is more to show how stunned i was by the error.

pic 1:forest area
pic 2: pine valley
pic 3: EB's canal well
pic 4: apple problem shows worker walking by the apple crate. the vanilla gathering hut numbers are frozen. he is now acting as a laborer.
pic 5: pine set vanilla cache and maple cache added.note the low numbers of the vanilla cache. the FO did much better when i tested it.

brads3

LOL RED. noo that is TOM's iron bloom that he uses instead of iron ore.it is why the NORTH and CC don't work together.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on June 23, 2017, 09:01:27 AM
LOL RED. noo that is TOM's iron bloom that he uses instead of iron ore.

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Looking at your picture of the well and the reservoir.

Did you noticed a graphical glitch. It seems if the reservoir is put down first it is way too dark. Then if another piece of the irrigation system (Not all, just some) is dragged closed to the reservoir it changes to the correct color.

Paeng notified me of that bug and I was able to reproduce it. I build a complete new one and it does the same.  :o

I think because I needed the height, width etc of the channel pieces to connect to the reservoir I imported the 2x channel mesh as a guide in my reservoir scene. It looks like the AO is merged with it and screw somehow my reservoir up.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

no,but i built the resevoir last.i would have opted for a darker texture for the set.a darker,rustic loook would fit some places better.if anyone asks i will tell them the builder scraped all the old bark off before he built the well.i wondered how you would like that i built it in the middle and didn't connect it to the river.it was an experiment.

embx61

It was your suggestion to add a Well Pump so not have to connect to a river or lake so it does make sense to use it that way :)

embx61

@brads3

By looking at the pump and reservoir again. What piece did you use as the pump?
Looks like a ghosted piece to fit the NMT canals. So some is hidden below the ground.

Seems you play with only the Above ground Irrigation?

The other two have a real well pump piece to place anywhere. In a later update I will add those pieces to above ground as well.

brads3

i loaded and started this map while you were upgrading to another set.LOL. yes that pump is not designed for what i did. you caught me.i did say the builder placed wood over the hole so nobody fell in.hahhaha. that game didn't go far anyhow with the apple gathering conflicts.NILLA sent me to pull my hair out and scratch my head.think i am on the 4th test.2 that showed the north failed with CC. and then 2 with the pine set mods.

embx61

Ah, I see.

It did not look that bad though.

The other sets have a so called well pump what is below ground and then add connectors to connect to above ground system.

I am in process of redoing some of the Above ground set while also working on the natural channels and will add a start well to that set as well.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 23, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
Quote from: brads3 on June 23, 2017, 09:01:27 AM
LOL RED. noo that is TOM's iron bloom that he uses instead of iron ore.

These spots are bog iron as mentioned in the gathering toolbar. Bloom is made by the bloomery.

I agree that it can get a reworked model which looks not like this but hard to make. It has to be reddish-brown stuff. We talked about it. The really ugly spots on the right in this picture are caused by the cc overwrite which makes them spawning at slopes. Normally they only spawn on lowland where they are partly hidden in the ground.

The problem of the terrain color I noticed too for some time at another laptop with glare display. It was extremely green there. On my non-glare display where it was made it looks perfectly in my opinion. I will reduce the saturation. Looks too gray on my screen but has to be a better compromise.

Nilla

Finally got some time to look what you guys are doing. As usual; @brads3 experimenting with his many mods. What's wrong about playing with 5 mods at the time? Why not leave CC for one game?

Anyhow; I wish you luck in your Nordic surroundings. and......

NEVER FORGET TO LOOK AT YOUR FOOD PRODUCTION. NEVER LET PRODUCTION GET LOWER THAN CONSUMTION!

brads3

5 MODS????i wouldn't know how to play it with so few. that sounds scary.the way the mod order is it could take 3 days to turn just the CC off. the main reason for the CC is all the crop seeds.if i turn it off, then all the other mods that have seeds and crops could be affected and conflict with each other.it might sound good but would it work??
  since you quit on me,NILLA. i do need to get NECORA'S mods tested.it has not been smoothe eitherit has gotten better so i can continue.

brads3

TEST #4<<<<<<<<<<<

i should have said things about the mod that were good or different.the way NECORA has the gathering set at start is not overpowering.i did notice beaver lodges seemed to appear later.i assume the other traps,bird nests,,and other items will appear more as the game goes on.i also should reread some of BT's posts about what appears where. that might explain the lack of fruit i have had lately.on some of the bigger mods a text file of what all the mod brings or changes would be helpful.looking it up is not foolproof since some of the older mods are hard to find.plus tidbit help info is more in the development posts than in the end write ups.

i hope the QUEEN is enjoying her nice castle while us workers struggle to explore this land.this is TEST #4.

mods:the NORTH removed from WINDATA folder.added brads smoke shed,KIDS houseboats,EB canals,NECORA crystal cliffs,sherbrooke,updated pine and riffle.

map:Berryton,388164307,lake waters,very lage,mild,medium. i wanted fishing to back up the food.this map is more lakes than what i wanted though.

objective:test NECORA'S mods.

in order to test it quickly,a maple forest,hunter,maple forager,and trapper are built.a quick hunter and fisherman are sent to get a food supply started.just to be safe,a field of wheat is planted.i was impressed by the workers.they seem to be super fast today.the buildings go up quick.
      the various pine workers seem to help each other.the trapper and hunter help clear logs,stone,etc.
i will have to see if that continues more. it is an interesting adjustment to the mod.
      as frost covers the ground,our pine set has not produced much. the quick hunter took down several deer before being moved.good thing i had the  wheat field.
   issue #1: pine chopper lays down 2 in 1 spot and can not be removed.issue#2 gatherer seems to work as a laborer.the trapper also does this but jumps back and forth to working then gather resources. he never harvests anything.the hunter waunders around but there is no deer in the circle.ok,i let this run a bit to see what would happen. i figured the hunter would pick up if deer walked into the circle. the trapper i expect to pick up as items appear on the map later. the gatherer has collected some,though very little.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       with the game paused at summer year 2,i need to do some reading.since NECORA is unavailable i will try to make sence of this situation.my understanding was the patch mods affect flax.since i don't use flax often i chose not to load it.i also wanted to run tests without it to see what would happen and then adjhust if i found glitches.i have not ran a debug test and checked traders or townhalls on any blank or double tags.i just jumped in without a lifejacket apparently.my understanding is the flora patch brings TANY"S flora mod into the game and ties it with the pine mod.i do not use TANY's mods. this computer has never allowed me see the pics of the mods.with CC,i have flax if needed.with KID's workplace, i have bees.
nothing against TANY,i try to limit some of the mods i use.with the new changes i have actually limited some mod sets.i only have 1 dock set now,the 1 included in  CC. i did have DS and NECORA'S before the 1.07 changes.
      though this pine flora patch affects the flora primarily,it does read that it affects the pine and vanilla trees at starts.NECORA'S last major writeup on the mod appeared to be fixes and adjustments needed.this write up is 6 days after the pine mod release.this write up does not say it needed the patches.it is posted after a release of the patches,however.NILLA was confused enough to send her and i both looking for an update to the pine mod after this.my assumption is the fixes in this write up are included in the latest pine mod we have.NECORA'S village blog is a test of his mods without CC.it also includes TANY's flora mod.
     i didn't mean to turn this into a long explanation.according to the numbers there is a delay of some items.the patch still bugs me. i scratch my head.how much does it affect the vanilla gatherers??
this line"This patch also adds Pine Set resources to the New Flora clear resources buttons." makes me go in circles.from my last test the apples were already working from the clear wildfood tool.but they did not get collected any other way.would this patch solve that issue???how much would this patch change the gathering numbers from the start?? that should be tested.
     for now,i pulled the numbers from here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1562.225
i am going to continue this map with the understanding that food may be harder to find than thought.the max delay seems to be 3years for furs from the trapper.let's see what the numbers are by year 5.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we have 2 laboreres and our oldest child is 8.we continue to build stocks.our mini shop now switches to making hidecoats.the chopper can keep cuttin firewood.with the wheat field and fisherman and hunter our food is about break even.
    pannig around the map,i do find beaver lodges,bird nests,and traps in fall of year 2.our trapper has finally went to work collecting some eggs.be advised there is a year delay to the mod.the forester did harvest some pelts as well.a worker actually havested fur in early winter of year 2.must be ravvit fu according to NECORA's chart.rabbit fur is set at .2 years.we do function without the patches.i gain confidence in the mod again.

pic 1:map start
pic 2:maple forest setup
pic 3:issues with pine workers
pic 4:pine items located.
pic 5:a laborer has collected rabbit fur.note the production of the pine mods.
pic 6:year 2 info,pine productions and inventoy