News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Belfields

Started by brads3, June 30, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

MODS ADJUSTED: pine mod dropped back to previous 103 version.crystal cliffs,sherbrooke,TOM"s smokehouse,and KID's houseboats added.NAT DIV upgraded.i did upgrade the roowhouse mod to the new 2 part set.for the moment i deiabled EB's irrigation canal mod.

map: BELFILDS,46783772,valleys,small,fair climate,(NAT DIV)medium start.new addition that tells you the nat div works in the map.

start with 15 bannies,15 adults and 5 children.
     after a week of testing new mod versions,it is nice to get back to normalcy. or at least try to.

a few of us,took 4 houseboats and floated downriver to see where we might end up.coming to a nice lake,we decide to set up a settlement.we clear ground and realize someone forgot to pack vegetable or fruit seeds.we have corn and wheat. luckily we do have a few plum's left so we can save the pits and plant those.
with us locked between a small river and the main river,it will take time before we can explore much.
    with the NAT DIV,we now have 2 food pickup icons. 1 for food,1 for wild food.a 3rd says it does bushes and branches.using all 3 over an area does give different items.there isn't a huge stock of grass from  the clearing we did to build so far.
    i also notice i have a beaver lodge in winter of year 1.that gives me confidence that everything is working noraml.with the workers busy collecting food,i take time to pan around the map. i notice beaver lodges but no other traps or bird nests.i do think there are more trees and less clearings than the older version of the NAT DIV. that could be luck of the map or a result of the upgrade.there is different textures.we have cattail reeds and moss covered rocks.a 2nd pass around does reveal a birdnest but it looks darker than before.
      we did get an old barn built and threw a plank bridge across the small stream.there are rumors that there are lots of blueberries out here and we will have excess grain.we add the town arrival to be a landing for more settlers.
   the animals don't seem to mind us being here.a herd of deer invaded our small settlement and i sent a quick hunter to deal with them. we can use the leather.
    to be pigheaded as always,the bannies refuse to use the plank bridge and request a rock creek bridge. the plank i have used many times before.to be even dumber,they walk back over the plank and walk over on the rock bridge.this rates up there with being lost in the woods or starving while standing next to a stocked barn.
     in year 4,we build a new fishing pier and move our fisherman.this will give us more fish.

PIC 1:map start
pic 2: lookout tower west of village
pic 3: houseboats
pic 4: rock and reed textures.
pic 5: more of the NAT DIV textures. the blue outline is 2 blotches that are not identified.i've noticed these on a few tests. wondering if they are related to the deaddrop traps since stone textures have been changed?

pic 6: rock and plank bridges that bannies are picky about using.
pic 7:town arrival and new fishing pier.end year 4 inventory.

brads3

year 5-10

in year 5,we build a rowhouse swan tavern to make cider complete with 2 luxury cellars to store it.for now it can use the extra plums. might be good to test the NDiv blueberries later.once built,the workers can scatter out and collect roots,herbs,and other foods.to give more storage pace,we add a pine material shed behind out pile.we expand KID's shed, adding a general and a food shed to it.
     the town arrival requires a trading post for nomads. we build a tiny mod well instead to solve this.
though we have food stocks up,we don't have clothing or cider enough to trade yet.
       summer of year 7,a couple arrive that have been traveling around hunting and trapping.we will build them a cabin across the stream. they will help our textiles and our meat production.since the area is small for RED's hunter cabin, we go with a pine hunter.the trapper quickly brings in some rabbits,so we know the trapper works.remember i went back on the pine version so the trapper production is down.that is a give back but better than having the confused workers that the new upgrade brought.
     we did switch the swan to berries and it made some blueberry cider.since we are stocked on wheat,it was switched again.
        now that we have children growing up,we add a samll forest output school.we also expand a road to the lookout tower.we seemed to have an issue with the bridge. it placed short and would not allow us to build it farther.seemed to be due to the reeds though in a different spot we could have built over them.we did go flatten the ground so it is more useable.while we are ahead, we build the fishtrap from the NDiv mod to see how well it works.maybe we'll get enough fish for TOM's smokeshed.
    with 2 more nomads arriving in year 9,we can expand the forest. we add a herbalist and mini forester.a nordic wharehouse will store the logs and keep materials to the west for any future needs.then we will clear the rocks from the forest.

pic 1: RH swan tavern and cellars
pic 2: more storage
pic 3: NAT DIV fish trap.
pic 4: west bridge.note how it is short due to the reeds.
pic 5: south forest cabins,herbalist,hunter,trapper,and storage.yr 9 inventory.

Nilla

brads3

NILLA,i don't know what normal is.where have you been? ever since you sent me north i have been testing and you disappear.i found an issue that i am trying to narrow down.this map is on hold at least until i get my mod order redone. i am in the process of rebuilding my entire mod list and order.i am up to  about half way now.add a few,test,add a few more,test. chasing gremlins.

Nilla

Sorry. You know I´m a sick old lady. At the moment not well at all.  :(

embx61

Sorry to hear that @Nilla

Hope you feeling better soon.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i wondered where you have been. sorry you are not doing well.hope you is back on your feet soon.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on July 04, 2017, 12:40:14 PM
Sorry. You know I´m a sick old lady. At the moment not well at all.  :(

/HUG @Nilla
/Hoping alot you will feel better as soon as possible.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

That goes for me too @Nilla , feel better soon.

@brads3 I just finished updating mods and my notes.  I didn't do the North or CC installs yet but ready to start a map with Natural Diversity.  I have my doubt of how well it will go using 1:1 time like I do.  More jobs for too few people.  We shall see.  :)

Nilla