Author Topic: Reeds v. 1.1 standalone  (Read 1040 times)

Offline jesta030

• Newbie in despair
  • Vendor
Reeds v. 1.1 standalone
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
Reeds v. 1.1 standalone

Adds reeds to the game growing close to water. The plants can be harvested to give reeds that act as fuel.
This version is incompatible with Bartender's 'Natural Diversity' mod.

http://i.imgur.com/UajBW59.png
Reeds v. 1.1 standalone

For the version compatible with Natural Diversity see http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1843

Update 1.1
  • added raw material reeds, can be harvested with "Remove Resources" tool, gives reeds that act as fuel
  • polishing: snow, swaying in the wind
  • split into two versions: standalone and + NatDiv

Download
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=327
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:04:22 AM by jesta030 »

Offline QueryEverything

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
Re: Reeds
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
@jesta030 great work on your new mod, well done!!! :D
~ QE, I query because I like learning new things. 

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
(Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :)

Online kid1293

• Modders
  • Banished Expert
  • Never confuse movement with progress
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 02:53:32 AM »

Yes, great! They look a little like small bamboo.
Ever thought of a chinese/eastern forest?  ;)

Offline adelegarland

• Trader
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
These look great in the game, but have removed the grasses/thatch from Natural Diversity...  I've been playing with the load order and so far I'm not getting them to work together.  It appears that the reeds need to be loaded before the Natural diversity in order to work, they will not show up if loaded after the Nat Div.  But when they load prior to Nat Div, they cancel out the Nat Div.  :-\

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
yeah only 1 starting condition can be loaded at the time, i think
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Online Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
Re: Reeds v. 1.1 standalone
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »
@jesta030 I tried this standalone reeds on a test map and it is very nice.  It adds a nice splash of color in the winter, year round too, it is a nice shade of green.  I was concerned at first because it was not being taken to the houses for use so I stopped the wood chopper and when firewood supply got low, the bannies did take the reeds home.  So it is a nice decorative addition to the map plus a good source of firewood when needed most.  Well done.

Offline adelegarland

• Trader
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 07:17:05 AM »
@jesta030    I love this mod, but it crashes with Necora and Tany's Flax Patch and  New Pine Flora.....    I hope its just a load order issue, but I've tried all kinds of different load orders and can't get it working... Please make it work!!   I really want these beautiful reeds. 

Offline jesta030

• Newbie in despair
  • Vendor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
@adelegarland what's the error you get when the game crashes? Have you tried the + NatDiv Version? Same result?

@Abandoned I think the storage is listed alphabeticaly and the Banis just start at the top of the list and take the first fuel they encounter so to make them take reeds before firewood or coal I could only rename the raw material to "areeds" :) . Thats also why they prefer coal over Firewood.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:29:25 PM by jesta030 »

Online Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:43 AM »
@jesta030 interesting, it is fine as is.  :)  I haven't tried it but there are mods so they won't burn coal, that would be good to use with these nice reeds then.  Making note.

Offline adelegarland

• Trader
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »
@adelegarland what's the error you get when the game crashes? Have you tried the + NatDiv Version? Same result?
Which NatDiv do you mean? I use the full NatDiv, not the light.  and have to list it in the load order just after Flax Patch, New pine Flora and Pine Set (necora) in order for those to function together.  The error I get pops up so fast but I think its a sharing violation?  Don't quote me on that.
By the way, I'm using the mod "reeds+NatDiv"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:41:06 AM by adelegarland »

Online Abandoned

• Advisor
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 08:23:47 PM »
@jesta030 there is another problem with the reeds, must be the flag.  It is not showing as fuel or firewood on the statistic info list or in the town hall production limits either.  The total only shows up in inventory lists. They are used as firewood and look good.  :)