News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

GOOD morning,after wayy too much testing and completely rebuilding my mod order,i do think i have fixed most issues.after much consideration i decided to drop back to the original NAT DIV mod.the upgrade slows this computer too much.this way is 4times faster.oddly the original has conflicts with less mods as well. i moved the flax patch,pine and NAT DIV to the top just below RK's trade fix.the pine workers work better and aren't so quick to help the builder.i do give up reeds but the dock reed grower will supply some.this is the best balance i could get.hopefully i have no major issues.

mods added:brad's smoke shed-added with the start group so it isn't overrode by CC,EB material store, EB natural irrigation+deco,
     EB irrigation system 170004,KId plimouth harmonized,KIDS houseboats.
mod count 110+

adjustments: NMT 2.04,training camp,and garden wall utility above CC to help give more water and hunting.  KID's colonial above all KID mods to fix the
     icons,NECORA's group down below CC so we don't override CC and ducks.

map: TOWNS,280400288,fair,lake map.CC huge map,medium start<nat div>, disasters off

goal: to build at least 1 of every piece of all mods. exceptions: CC orchard forests do not work.with so many pieces and "f" variants,this is a huge project.2 forts,4 castles,a major park,a supersized zoo,and too many towns.added pieces of varous mods.3 road sets and 3 canal sets.

we start with 10 adults and 3 children.we will build from the mini mod to start.add 2 lookout towers
,a small barn,and 2 crop fields.it will be tight living in tents for a while but we will manage.it will take time also to build supplies.

in year 4,2 indiand arrive.they will start a mini forest to the east.once the pine storage is built,we can clear the rocks for the forest.
      to give some insight to the production,the mini fisherman is about 500,the lookout towers are 4-500 minimum,and the crop fields are 500+.
     to help keep logs moving to the firewood chopper,we add a market cart near our pile.this helps the chopper produce just short of 500 firewood per year.

i did figure out what the weird greenish blobs are. they are furs.the mini forester will collect these as well as pelts.a nice change to the pine mod.
        in year 9,another indian couple found our small village.they will gather herbs and run a first aid tent in the forest.

pic 1:map start settings
pic 2:start
pic 3:mini mod
pic 4:green blobs that appear
pic 5: mini forest area
pic 6: year 9 inventory

brads3

YEAR 10-17

we had 2 nomad couples.our population has increased by 10.we have a few more buildings to finish off the mini mod set.we are gaining on resources and food count is over 10,000.

wow,the barns are filling too fast. we decided to build a small market.by being centrally located it will help move goods across the map.planning ahead,we build the vanilla boarding house near it.later we add a large food barn with cellar.with a 9000 capacity, hopefully we have enough storage.a lumber yard is built at the edge of the forest.then we can start on the fort north wall.yes,i am going slow.with so much to build,i am trying to make a plan.
   part of the plan is to build forests to the east all the way to the edge.then go alone the edge with more forests as needed.to the south between the 2 rivers,build the main fort.this should give it more room.a nordic town is planned to the far northeast.along the lake to the west,trading posts are planned.south of this i would like to build the 3 large towns.hopefully by the time i get there i will not need the hills for stone and iron.between the main river and the next stream going west, crop farms with the 2 plymouth sets are figured.to the far west on the pennisula between the lakes, the zoo and a park since we need the water for the whale. yes, there is a killer whale in here.there is a mountain to the east for a mining production area and then the far northwest corner.that still leaves the thatch,fodder,5 castles,and several villages as well as a ton of markets.
    for now,we expand south and clear land for the fort and begin some of the buildings.

in year 15,8 settlers arrive to help us.now we will begin to make lumber and furniture.working east south of the lake,we add a forest outpost.we will use iron and build the emporium to store the venison and other supplies.the forest outpost herbalist collects herbs but the mini did not.
       by spring,most construction was completed so the laborers could begin to push a road through to the FO. forest.once the road is clear, rocks can be removed from the FO. forest.work will begin soon on the mini trading post.by fall of year 17,we add a grinder and house from the workplace mod.as workers graduate,we can expand our diets and trade goods.

pic 1:lumber yard and furniture joiner
pic 2:forest outpost
pic 3: emporium
pic 4: workplace grinder,shed,and small house.
pic 5: start of main fort construction.

brads3

year 18-19

by fall,14 more settlers find their way to our mini townhall.they will help expand our forest.we add a FO school and a pine furriers hut.to help process furs,we add RK's fur tailor and expand on the workplace mod set also.with so many "f" variants and trying to conserve space some buildings may look out of place.
   the nomads brought with them a child who is sick with mumps.he is sent to the med tent in the forest to quaratine him.the forester did catch it, but both recovered quickly.a builder fell off a ladder and died.
the following year we had a bad case of dysentery run rampant through the forest workers.we lost 1 child before it was cleared up.

pic 1:forest outpost diagnal houses
pic 2:workplace mod expansions
pic 3:more work on the main fort

brads3

YEAR 20-24

our population has grown to 65.new settlers arrive frequently.we have clothing to trade,honey mead, and stone tools.we stockpile furniture since the mini TP won't stock it.the mini mod is almost completed. the church and a small food market haven't been built yet. i plan to build all the churches in 1 location.the workplace lacks a dairy and baker and we continue to expand the FO. with the forest.progress is being made on the fort when the builder has time.
       as we break even on food,we continue  to add fields.our workplace grinder keeps making flour,which we will need lots of later.with so many buildings needing the production area,we need to build food way up to support it.

in year 22,22 new settlers arrive.we consider sending some to the fort to start processing iron.this would allow us to build a surplus while we have extra firewood.now that we have a bridge to the east from the fort,we should start a fodder field to the south and extend the road to the future production area.with 1 fishing at the fort,we still need 3 or 4 of them to produce food.for now, we send a quick hunter and fisherman out.
    with the plimouth farms started,we will add  the rowhouse traders for livestock and seeds.to keep the trading easier,we will ship furniture at the seed TP,tools to the livestock,and keep our clothing and mead at the mini TP.our mini TP does trade for spinach seed.
    during all our construction,we have an outbreak of mumps.luckily the only death we have is from childbirth.
     once our workers are caught up,the builder begins on the fort office and storage cellars.the laborers continue to push a road east.we did build a lot in 1 year.
      we clear more fields and trade for bison.our small holding pen can not handle many.once completed,our workers begin clearing rocks for the fodder field.the holding pen is switched to leghorns that a merchant brought to our livestock trader.

pic1: year 20 stats
pic2:year 20 inventory
pic3:year 23 inventory,
pic4 year 24 production
pic 5: year 24 inventory

brads3

YEAR 25-28 summer

we have grown to 104 citizens,35 adults,10 students,and 39 children.we have had 3 deaths over the years.  we are working on building our 6th mod set.for now we do need to continue adding to the first plimouth plantation set and our farms.we now have 3 trading posts.we have made some trades for chickens, bison,and 3 crop seeds.
   we build a larger chicken coop.the next merchant brought us 2 pigs. our small holding pen is always useful.
    while we ait for graduates,we keep our builder busy.a supply shop,mini food market,school,cemetary,and woodchopper are added to the plantation.soon after,the workers are sent to help clear trees for the fodder.
a stable and well are added.this will allow us to build up a supply of water and fertilizer.

pic 1: stars year 25
pic 2: plantation farms
pic 3: fodder stable and well

brads3

YEAR 28 SUMMER-year 30

IN SUMMER,28 new settlers arrived.a few are sent to the forest. a diagnal lookout tower and the FO sauna are constructed along with more FO cabins.our workers are sent to clear as much land as they can for crops while ,more plantation houses are being built.with the amount of food we will need,it will be a frantic year.
     fall brings a case of mumps.as the outbreak spread,we had to send a doctor to the fort clinic. it takes all 3 health centers til spring to clear up the mumps outbreak.they did handle it well as nobody died.
   we add a medievil apiary to the plantation.work begins also on a greenhouse near the fodder.we plant a pecan orchard near our main cemetary and finish off the DS stone hovel mod.by winter of year 29,our boardinghouse and barracks are empty.our food stocks are slowly recovering.

pic 1:Forest outpost sauna and school.
pic 2:plimoth plantation mod 1 finished.
pic 3: 1st fodder greenhouse.
pic 4:Ds stone hovel diagnals and pecan orchard.

brads3

YEAR 30-summer year 33

population 145,85 adilts,17 students,43 children.32 % educated.43 houses+ boardinghouse and barracks
other than churches,mini mod and plimoth plantation 1 are completed as well as several small mods.we have 4 schools operating plus 2 out of 3 trading posts and med clinics.our food is recovering from the last group of nomads.we have traded for 5 new seeds and pigs,bison,and leghorns.
  the workers are busy clearing and supplying a pig pasture.after that,we will take time to clear and lay more roads.since we have extra workers,we double up at the fodder and stable,and add a well in the fort.
    as more students graduate and the forest population grows,we expand east building a maple forester,
herbalist,hunter,and pine cabins.this will work well to give us food and logs both.the sap can be stockpiled for later.
    when the merchant brought tomato seeds,we started work on a ketchup factory.we also trade for beef cows and sheep.a bare pasture is cleared behind the market in the fort and work continues on a large pasture along the river.

pic 1: year 30 stats
pic 2: year 30 production
pic 3: year 30 inventory
pic 4: 25 year food graph
pic 5: maple forest
pic 6: ketchup factory

brads3

SUMMER YEAR 33-35

20 new settlers arrive in early summer of year 33.after much consideration,several families are sent east of the stream. this will expand us toward the mining mountain.others work to expand pastures and farms for the 2nd plimoth plantation set.this will help boost our food so we can handle more large nomad groups.
   by year 35,our boardinghouse and barracks are empty except for a 12 year old female.finally we are able to move the bison to a larger pasture near the beef and pigs.we have 10 seed crops plus the pecan orchard.our tool count and clothing has dropped.the vendors have tried to keep everyone supplied.we add 2 more blacksmiths and up 1 to iron tools.even though we shut down the refinery,our smelter still has fuel to process iron ore.

pic 1:pastures
pic 2: shorehouses and stone houses
pic 3: overview

brads3

YEAR 35-37

ALMOST 200 bannies.several in their 50's,a 62,63,and a 64 year old.after this year,we will need more houses.we do have a  few 15 year olds.our education is ar 36% and with us accepting all nomads it should stay about that level.
    as our pastures fill,our food reserve should increase.we will need to expand the fodder and stables before we can supply more greenhouses.
    we expand toward the production center slowly. the log depot and a sawmill and then a CC apiary to stock wax for candles.we need different building supplies to build many of the fort buildings.
    in year 36,we expand on the 2nd plantation set and add 2 fields.we also send workers to help with fodder and our 2nd meadow.to push fertilizer more,we clear a plantation field along the stream to grow grass.we also add a pine trapper and a FO diagnal cabin between the forest to help supply textiles.

pic 1: log depot suppplies the furniture and sawmills
pic 2: grass plantation field
pic 3:south fort wall and bridges

brads3

YEAR 37-40

WOW,29 MORE SETTLERS came to town in spring.the workers are stopped from helping clear the 2nd fodder meadow.the workers are sent to clear more land for the plantation farms and the builders are sent to build a forist between the 2 fodder meadows.the farther out we work to expand the longer clearing takes.we expand the plantation and add the old bakery and mill.
    we add a 2nd greenhouse with a well.this should give enough food to the east to beginn work on the some mines.we add our perfume shop and begin a road of adobe houses for workers.then work can begin on the multi mine.
    by year 40,we have 76 houses and the barracks and boardinghouse are empty once more.we were able to trade for freishman cows.we can now build the workplace dairy and bakery.other than fencing this mod is completed.

pic 1:adobe houses
pic 2:plantation mod #2
pic 3:old bakery and mill
pic 4:perfume shop
pic 5:workplace and gaden mod

brads3

YEAR 40-42

wow,40 YEARS,at this rate it will take 200-250 years to finish this.i have tried to leave the builder and laborer counts higher to speed it up.nomads have come consistenly as we empty the boarding houses.even though we have pushed food constantly,i wish the reserve was double by now.
    we have completed the mini mod,both plimoth plantation sets,the workplace and vegetable garden.several smaller mods were also finished including the ketchup factory,Ds hovels, and new trees.some work remains to the forest outpost and pine mods in the forest.with all the work,we are probably about 10% of the way through.

population 261,156 adults,23 students,82 children in 76 houses.education level is at 42%.we start the year with over 13,000 food.our food production and graph shows progress,as we did gain 4000 extra food last year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

according to the math,we need 2 more houses. this will finish off the diagnal FO houses and help keep some laborers in the forest.since we are ahead on fodder,the stble field is switched to peas.with the worker count so high,we increase limits and set all buildings to work.this leaves us with 4 builders and 20 workers.if they find extra time,they can clear for the next pasture.
    before the bannies have time to start the pasture,33 nomads arrive.this means 7 more food workers will need to be planned.work begins on the pine forest and to clear land for sherbrooke to the north of it.we also send workers to build a 2nd stable.as soon as they finish the stabe they will build 2 more greenhouses.
    by spring,the pine tower,hunter,trapper,and harvester are working. the 3rd greenhouse is producing corn. the 4th will hold off a year til the stable gets ahead on fertilizer.though we pushed as hard as we could,we barely had 2 fields cleared by late spring.the farmers do start to plant them.more fields are cleared and the builders start on the colorful sherbrooke houses and shops.it becomes a busy town with all the textile shops.finally the boardinghouses are once again empty.
     we extend the main sherbookre road south and line it with pine workers.the turpentine,pitch kiln, firewood chooper,sap boiler,and lodge housesto keep from overstocking,we send crews back to finish off the RH trading posts north of the plantations.we send flowers to the seed trader since they are over 2000.our general RH trader is stocked with perfumes.the livestock trader continues to stock wood tools and now some perfumes.
   we have 323 settlers.

pic 1: year 40 stats
pic 2: yr 40 production
pic 3; yr 40 inventory takes 3 windows.
pic 4: yr 40 long food graph
pic 5:sherbrooke's colorful houses and textile shops
pic 6: pine forest work,turpentine,lumber,sap boiler,and lodges

kid1293

Noone really writes comments.  :(
This is fun reading, hope to see the town in 200 years!

One thing - you have a lot of space between your buildings. Is the map big enough?

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on July 20, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Noone really writes comments.  :(

i rarely really writing comments too ...
but i very often reading :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Me too.

I read the blogs but hardly comment on them.
I miss Nilla her blogs. I hope she is doing well.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i will try to make some soon.

but before i have alot of job to do :P
i have more and more the will to just play some games with my own mods....
and i noticed that i will never play with everything i did for this game. yeah some things (alot) i did are nice... but to play with ? nan, never

so probably i will ending to make myself a kit , a whole package with only with the items i like to play with ^^
kinda a "Director's cut" or "Editor's pick choices" of items i like and make a personal package. will offer it to people, of course.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .