News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

ah, the quartermaster, yes.  Well that sure works different.  And I didn't know kid's updated rowhouse blacksmith makes muskets.  I barely finished trying 106 mod now I will have to start all over with 107 updates.  And they are still making more mods  :)  Are you going to add the new ones as you go along or just stick with the ones you had when you started the map?

brads3

shhh don't tell him.the original version made muskets too.noo i won't add til this map is done.i might mae a list somewhere but mainly i think RED will be a while doing the NMT anyhow.that is why i thought now wAS a good time to run a long play.

brads3

YEAR 55-58

population 610,360 workers,94 students,and 156 children in 148 houses+2 boarding houses.2 boarding houses are empty.48% educated.our production shows progress on logs but dropoff on food.we mine for stone,iron,iron ore,coal,salt and gold ore.our many traders have been busy keeping us stocked.

finally, we are able to mark and plan the rural market square for our colonial town center.the builders go to work building a school and large houses while our workers continue to clear fields.we build KID's market bbq and soup mods.they will feed the production workers.
    we begin work on the colonial production buildings and meeting hall.with good trading,we keep our tool and food count up.

pic 1: year 55 stats from the colonial farms
pic 2: yr 55 inventory from the wildwest town looking east
pic 3: the fort quartermaster and blockhouse.

brads3

YEAR 58-60

while we have been busy pushing food up,we hit the limit on logs.all limits are now adusted.even so,we set out to build the nre tree forest and connect the east forest road to the production road.as the suplies are delivered,the builders work on the parade and musket range.after trading for domestic animals,we build the small animal pens at the fort.before much work is done,62 ablebodied settlers sail up to the mini townhall.little did we know they brought measles with them.
     we add a 3rd fodder meadow south of the wildwest town.this will improve our greenhouse production.work begins on a dock-quay town between the lakes north of the mini and FO forests.we work feverishly.we manage to get the sugarhouse,bakery,and boardinghouse built in our colonial town.with the new forest, we add another trapper and herbalist.though we accomplish much by year 60,we need more housing.
    as the measles was cleared up, a diptheria outbreak starts.we lost 12 from the disease and 3 from old age in the lasr 2 years.we still have 1 citizen 88 trs old.
   our stone and iron ore mines are both shut down wating for candles and to be dug deeper.we have way more workers than we wish. over 100 laborers and 25 builders.as we continue to take food in trades,our food reserve is over 30,000 in  spring.

pic 1:musket range and parade grounds.
pic 2: east forests.new trees to south,trapper in center and hardwood north.
pic 3:colonial town center.
pic 4:dock and quay area under construction.2 duck hunters,a market,driftwood finder,fishing,chickenhouse,
and a water scavenger.

brads3

YEAR 60- summer of 61

population 745,470 adult,81 students,194 children in 174 houses including 5 boardinghouses.
52% educated.

the goal for the past 10 years was to bring the log count up and work on our production area while we expanded the colonial farms.we added forests,extended and connected the roads.our colonial fields extend to the west river.we added mines,markets,houses,and more to the production area.the wild west town was expanded east and a fodder meadow addded to the south. 100 new nomads have moved into our towns.
      mods completed: KID's wildwest,2 market food mods,RK's hunter cabin,EB farmhouses and leather shops.
8 more mods finished.
-------------------------------------------------------------
   guess i'll take a minute to explain a couple things. i don't use autosaves.i save when nomads arrive and i save near the 0 or 5's depending on the game flow and how busy life is at the time.if or when there are errors, then i do start to save more to narrow down the error.these stops give time to regroup the production and trading ports.with the game paused i can go through the inventory and rotate stocks.CC has many items but i don't have a lot of any 1 item.i was able to move the candles out from the trade posts since the mines need them to dig deeper.after that candles will build in stock.i adjusted pelt clothing since now i am using more coats.the other thing i find is sometimes a trade post is busy trying to stock 1 item and not stocking another on his list. you over use the 1st item but the 2nd stocks barns and adds toward the limits.like say i set 1 to fancy furniture and flowers,the furniture produces slower than the flowers.he will run around trying to find the furniture and not stock the flowers.then when the merchant comes,there won't be enough to trade with even though the inventory shows a surplus. with CC,there are so many different merchants that they come and go steadily.if you don't correct these issues and send a balance of goods to each trade post,then you end up short when you really need a trade.often you have enough for 1 boat and then a short while later a boat will bring something you want or need and that trader isn't stocked yet.

excuse the mess as well. the goal is to build at least 1 of everything,so i am not even trying to make it look neat and decorated.i am also leaving spaces on purpose.some is planned for building later.some is so trees can grow in case i need more logs later to build with.normally i would make main roads 3 spaces wide,here i have not kept up on that.with a few tool shortages and diseases,i am about 60 houses short of where i should be. i have too many laborers as well.
   i try to take all nomads but i am not sure i can keep doing that.they aren;t helping enough. i have too much behind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are enough projects started that the bannies need time to catch up. they are busy working on the dock village,a pasture,a milk barn in sherbrooke,and to clear an orchard.the main goal for the next 10 years will be to catch up and  extend the forests south to the southeast corner.i would like to get the roof tile production started as well.
    ok well,i can't build quay houses until we have housewares.i will extend the dock along the east side and leave the west for later.sherbrooke also has a problem. it needs corn to feed the dair barn.we don't have corn seed. it also is waiting for apple and maple trees to make cider and the CC sap boiler.the game goes a different direction than i wanted.
   while i was trying to figure out the plan,the bannies stayed busy. they have cleared more land and built a CC pine forester,gather hut,and cabins.we send the crew to sontinue south and build the 2nd hardwood forester.
    84 nomads show up in summer of year 61. we are not going to be able to accept them with all our boarding houses still being used.sadly, they will depart and travel to a different town or build there own.
the workers are tired and so am i today.     

pic 1: year 60 stats
pic 2: yr 60 producion for 5 years
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: dock village note quay buildings are paused.
pic 5  84 nomads

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

too many laborers and not enough houses at the moment.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 30, 2017, 11:54:12 AM
too many laborers and not enough houses at the moment.

yeah too much space between houses

Savidan

100 laborers +82 students + 205 childrens oO

You have 50.3 % of your citizen that are not productive.

You had only 30k food stock, you lack of food. If you make houses the problem will be worst (more childrens) ... you have to make food, fast !

brads3

YEAR 61-64

GOOD MORNING.it works better when i play a day or 2 ahead of posting. then i can go back and fix a mess up.when life has its busy time and appointments, i can post even if i don't play for a few days.i actually used those times up. what is posted is where i am at now.if i had been ahead i could have fixed the mistake with the quay set.i had plans to build a duck hunting and fishing area. that would have helped push food up.instead i fell farther behind.
     i could debate the idea of building houses closer together.yes it would conserve space but then i would have more bannies with less food.some places i do build them closer and leave a walk space between.when i did the plantation sets,if i built closer together they would live farther from the fields.areas like the production,mines,or fort,housese work closer together.areas like farms and forests,they don't.
     the game also has its own play quirks.it gives you the wrong seeds or sends you too many nomads at a time.this 1 hasn't gave me much fruit seed and no corn.the greenhouses are set to fruit and the wild west saloon and sherbroooke dairy can't work.
       there is also a plan that the game works against.sherbrooke has soo many houses,more food is needed  before it can grow.the pine trees took time to produce so there were a ton of laborers there for a while.across the stream to the north i had planned for a nordic town.when i realized sherbrooke needed more space,it got held up.plus i wanted maple and apple orchards there for the CC sugarhouse and the cider press.south of the colonial production,there is pilgrims houses. that is another huge list.plan was to run a double house stip then more fields. then start the next large town mod.again i can't just build the houses without food.it does have its challenges.hopefully i don't mess it up to badly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while the workers are busy clearing land,the builders have mines and more forest sets to build.along the south edge,i would like to build the orchard forests if any of them will work. i do know the apple does not.if none of them work,that will free up some space.along the far west river,we are already working on pastures.
    while we wait for candles,we dig copper and tin mines.we will need more building supplies to build the storage sheds.we trade for some housewares and slowly work on the quays.we also start a diagnal rowhouse with tile roofs.a tunnel is dug through the mine mountain.the forest road is extended south to the edge of the fodder and new hardwood forest.with the mines complete,we run into a tool shortage.iron has been used more than it was mined.
    i do have a mod conflict causing low production from the duck hunters.this doesn't help our food reserve.it must be a mod up moved to override the bakery plus.
    by winter of year 63,we only have 1 family living in any boardinghouse.we do catch up our tool shortage by trading for iron.

pic 1:quay houses
pic 2: fort work camp produces a variety if we have enough iron tools.
pic 3: ducks at the small holding pen. note nobody clipped their wings so they fly around.
pic 4: tile roofed rowhouses.tobacco cure barn to the left and to the north the copper and tin mines.

brads3

YEAR 64

WE finish off the duck and beef pastures.as the builders work to catch up,the laborers clear fields south of the colonial town. hopefully they left enough room for PILGRIMS new england colonial houses.we have built just enough housing to empty the boarding houses.several building projects wait for more building supplies.
    to test the orchard forests,a grape forester has been built along the southern edge.it will take several years to find out if it will produce grapes.2 watch towers are planned there to keep watch of wolves coming over the mountains.

pic 1: west of colonial town.dairy,duck,and beef pastures
pic 2: grape orchard forester test

brads3

YEAR 65 review

POPULATION 823,522 adults,112 students,189 children in 189 houses.59% educated.
our food is showing progress. the 3rd fodder field is helping the greenhouses.we definetly have our log production up. our production and mining has been added to.even as we put more bannies to work,we maintian at 100+ laborers and 25 builders.
    i make several adjustments to traders. sherbrookoe's boat house is set to fishing lures to use up pine materials and not logs.some where we will need a dock shop to use reeds for fire bundles and more tailors.we should push more mead as well and trade it for food.
    we spent the last 5 years trying to catch up mostly. we have dug mines deeper,and added forests to help our logs and food.there is many projects started.the colonial town is almost complete.we will add more food processing and production buildings as we start the new england housing sets.this will maintain our food and give us trade goods both.we should build a furniture joiner for regular furniture now that we have extra logs.the diagnal tile-roofed row needs an end house and a school.lets see if tyhe town can gain ground in the next 5 years.

pic 1: yr 65 stats
pic 2: yr 65 5yr production
pic 3: yr 65 inventory

brads3

YEAR 65-66

we finish the row of crop fields back to the stream.we start orchards south of it. 2 creameries and an old dairy and the colonial barns are finished.the NE house set is started and with it we begin to build KID's storage sheds.a workplace beekeeper and brewer fits tightly with the houses.RED's lighthouse is completed.another light house is build to the west end of our trading ports.we also had to increase our food limit with the fall harvests.we have made progress through the year.

pic 1:dairy and creameries.
pic 2: RK's lighthouse
pic 3: KID's light house

RedKetchup

hey btw , i found at some point Lighthouse has some crash with some extended 1.0.7 extra ressources flag setup :P
before clicking those... make a good save lol

brads3

HMM Don't say the word "saves" today.LOL i forgot to save the game,dug it out of what would have been a major mess and yep i did it again.so much for me playing a day ahead.  hopefully,the compatability 1.07 mod would override the lighthousse glitch though.it does seem to help NMT and CC items be compatable and interchangeable.