News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

NMT3.0Series: Crops for 1.0.6 - 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, July 09, 2017, 09:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintax

Hi i have problem :( this mod not work for me .
Merchant have seeds i can set it on field but they dont grow i have 0% and farmers continue working on fields in winter.(i have watermelons + broccoli)
Basic crops from vanilla works without problem
I use Banished plus + better fields v3 + NMT v2.0.4 + some NMT3.0 series mods (loadorder = Crops on top)

brads3

when you say crops on top,do you mean the topmost mod or just top of the new 3.0 mods?  that banishedPLUS is an old mod.there has been many updates since then.i would try the game without it and see if the fields plant then.

RedKetchup

make sure NMT3.0Series: Crops for 1.0.6 - 1.0.7 is at very top of your window mod

i would not trust better field :if the upper right corner is not available, all the crop does not work
and also this mod doesnt seems to help, you just losing ton of workforce for barely 50%
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

gatinho65

I finally got this lovely mod to work, ran it for ten years to see if it lasted on my mac;) A large field of small fields with all the crops in 1 large patchwork (on debug of course lol) looks incredibly pretty. Especially cool to see all the farmers walk out into the fields in the spring, looks so realistic. When I relearn how to take a screenshot, I will take one.

Some crops were planted twice a year, like broccoli, lettuce, and kale! And almost all were harvested fairly early, did you plan this in? I don't usually plant vast industrial farms, just a size that 1 farmer can handle and all of these crops were harvested and produced well. Strawberries especially are amazing producers.

Is this a spawning type mod, to always keep near the top of the load list? Maybe I didn't do that before which is why it crashed my games. Have you heard of any conflicts with DSSmall Village sets, or Colonial sets? Those are the two I'm mostly using so far. Also, if I want to add your Garden Walls Utility, and Ketchup, where in the load list would I put this crop mod, above or below those other mods?

RedKetchup

the thing about strawberries, this is a very early fruit (end of spring/early summer) so the time it takes to flourish is very short. this is why it can spawn 2 times, but the game can only handle 1 harvest. you will probably see them respawn but wont be harvested again; they will disappear in the snow.

the number has been in process to be tweaks... we got to 1.3... i was waiting to get the final word from @irrelevant  if last numbers were ok or not.
i tried to give them better 3D look .... but there is only 1 i am not really satisfied : Kale. i need better .pngs

You need to keep the mod order close to top, or at least, ahead of any other mods that will add a crop to make sure you will use MY graphics.
Ketchup has exactly the same tomato mesh that NMTCrops use so it is up to you.

GardenWalls can be placed as you wish in the order.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 06, 2017, 10:21:34 PM
the thing about strawberries, this is a very early fruit (end of spring/early summer) so the time it takes to flourish is very short. this is why it can spawn 2 times, but the game can only handle 1 harvest. you will probably see them respawn but wont be harvested again; they will disappear in the snow.

the number has been in process to be tweaks... we got to 1.3... i was waiting to get the final word from @irrelevant  if last numbers were ok or not.
i tried to give them better 3D look .... but there is only 1 i am not really satisfied : Kale. i need better .pngs

You need to keep the mod order close to top, or at least, ahead of any other mods that will add a crop to make sure you will use MY graphics.
Ketchup has exactly the same tomato mesh that NMTCrops use so it is up to you.

GardenWalls can be placed as you wish in the order.

@RedKetchup sorry, I was just going to say the last version would be good enough, but I will run one more year with the new file. The town I am using is just so darn tedious to keep running! So much stuff to buy and sell, and the storage keeps filling up, and there is a pop crash cause I haven't been expanding housing while I've been testing crops.... ;D

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  Okay, after one more harvest, I'm pretty happy with these. They all are very different in what conditions they will thrive under. Folks won't have an easy time min/maxing these guys. But they do all work.

Do you have any of these classified as fruits? If so, can they be used to make ale? I would recommend against making this possible. No one would make a fruit orchard ever again if they could make ale from field crops.

gatinho65

@RK: I actually saw the two crops get harvested and it did show up in the production. In fact, if the field is small enough, the production is almost equal to a field twice the size of a different crop that is only harvested once. So, my small field of broccoli (I think) produced almost 300 over the year, the same as a much bigger field of turnips that was only planted and harvested once. I wish now I had taken better notes, it was so unexpected and I didn't know it could happen. But very interesting possibilities if you want to use a small farm without losing a lot of productivity, or just add something attractive and useful to a tightly built area. I don't use huge fields anyway, so I was happy to see this unexpected result.

Strawberries I've seen happen both ways: One year was a double harvest and almost 1000 produced, by 1 farmer in a modest sized field. The next year only 1 harvest and half the fruit produced. I figured it was something invisible like the temperature or something that made the difference.

I plant and eat a LOT of kale lol, and it comes in so many beautiful colors and in quite a range of sizes too. I hope you find some good textures although I don't think your kale is bad. That Tuscan kale can get as tall as a human and looks fantastic, I tend to grow mine this way and harvest for several years, it would be fun to see that in the game lol. And right now I'm eating a new blue variety of that kale that is incredibly beautiful and tasty as well.

brads3

@irrelevant  i disagree. many like to add orchards regardless of the ciders. the other thing is it depends what they game gives you to start with. since RED changed the blueberry to orchards will you get 2 seeds? 1 orchard and 1 as a crop?there are a cfew i think got changed like that.depending on the mods a player uses do they get 2 different set ups? and do both outputs get used the same in production?
@gatinho65  how big a field are you getting 2 crops a year off? a larger field say 10x10 might only allow 1 harvest since it takes longer for the farmer to harvest before he then can replant it.

gatinho65

@brad: I think the fields were probably about 5x8, maybe smaller, not very big, I was only seeing if everything worked for several years. I think the strawberry field that was harvested twice was bigger, 5x10?

irrelevant

Quote from: gatinho65 on October 07, 2017, 10:47:35 AM

Strawberries I've seen happen both ways: One year was a double harvest and almost 1000 produced, by 1 farmer in a modest sized field. The next year only 1 harvest and half the fruit produced. I figured it was something invisible like the temperature or something that made the difference.

It probably has to do with the availability of the farmer for planting. Since there is only a very narrow window in which planting can occur, if the farmer is off eating, getting a tool, or stocking up his house, the planting will not take place the way it needs to.

irrelevant

I've never had any of these get planted twice. Of course I use very large farms, 150-180 squares for one farmer, and get one very large crop per year. Or sometimes, one very mediocre crop per year.  ;)

brads3

IRRELEVANT, i know you have been testing so the info may already be back a page or 2. in the end what is the outputs? i take it you tested at medium settings. on 10x10 fields i try to get 500 but it is actually close to 700 depending on the crop. i am using CC still in my current map.

irrelevant

Yes, tested on fair. What is the outputs? These crops all perform well. Depends on the weather. Some do well in bad weather, a one or two seem to prefer it. Most do well in good weather.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on October 07, 2017, 08:36:11 AM
@RedKetchup  Okay, after one more harvest, I'm pretty happy with these. They all are very different in what conditions they will thrive under. Folks won't have an easy time min/maxing these guys. But they do all work.

Do you have any of these classified as fruits?

alright , thanks :)

yes some are fruits: Strawberries, Watermelon, Pumpkins