Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New England Colonial Houses

Started by The Pilgrim, July 09, 2017, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i see mills and icehouses and many new things in our future.:) :D

The Pilgrim

I see those as well, but I need to get the base of the mod put back together. But if you'd like to help I would be more than happy to have you.

brads3

i know enough to screw you up more than help.

embx61

Okay.

Have the 4 sets separated in 4 Max Files.

named: NCH3x5, NCH3x4, NCH2x4, and NCHLeanto.

The sets need optimizing as lots of poly's can be saved by optimizing.
Each house is about 2000 poly's. This can be brought down by about 500 each house by getting rid of the double walls and make them planes instead.
Lots of faces what can be deleted as they are never in view.

Welding can be done too to save on verts.

The windows have a grid like form and all the inside faces and most faces of end of the frames can be deleted as they are never in view and are just wasted poly's.

Okay.
Yikes, 7 materials for 1 house?

This way is only good if the textures are reused a lot in other parts of the mod or other mods.
Other wise it is better to combine them into 1 or 2 textures to save on draw calls.

The textures are a bit a mess as the names in the fbx do not match the names of the textures you send me.
I have textures named door1 but the material says BLTDoor. CCDoor1, etc.

I don't know why because the way it is the compiler should complain about the names and should not compile.
So I need to know which textures need to go on what part and rename them so the compiler accepts them.

Textures can be optimized too. Some roof textures with some slates on them are 1024x1024.
This can easily brought down to 512x512 as I do this all the time without any loss of resolution.

I mostly combine textures into one giant 2048x2048. If I am in the final stages and all is UV mapped I rescale the texture to 1024x1024 and it still looks all the same.

One 3x5 house have at the moment 1966 poly's

I am going to optimize that house and see what I can save :)

Report back some later.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

By just deleting faces not in view I saved over 500 poly's.

In the picture you can see I deleted al the inside faces of the windows. I deleted all the end caps from the inside parts as well.
There was also add the bottom and top of the walls a bunch of faces what could be deleted as they served no purpose at all.

My guess is that when they deleted the inside of the wall they never deleted the bottom and top parts of that box.

Because of all the window holes you see all the lines so a whole bunch of squares are to be seen. each square is two poly's as the game engines only can use triangles.

That whole horizontal second line from the bottom up is not needed. and all those vertices should be add together and welded.

That crews however the texture mapping up so I leave that as it is .
But with getting rid of that bottom wall horizontal line and do some welding another 100 to 200 poly's can be saved.

so from 1966 to now 1423 saves 543 poly's and more is possible but I will leave that as to not screw the UV mapping up.
25% savings by just deleting faces is not bad. :)

The Pilgrim

You are awesome. Ignore the texture assignments that were there. The files I renamed for simplicity with reassigning them. I'll go through the files and get you all the instructions we need when I get home from work this afternoon.

embx61

Okay, I await the instructions :)

embx61

Any idea what texture goes underneath the door?

So the new era variants only the wall textures change to 3 colors if I am correct?

It take a bit of time (Working in between my Village set and this) but we get it to work.

EDIT: There are no 4 variations but 3. The house on the picture what sits by itself (Named C) is the same as the first house front row and not finished at all.
So I guess it going to be Variants A and B.

Whoever worked on this just decided a 2 set with 3 variants for the big 3x5 houses or never finished it.

If I use the same roof texture on some the scale is completely off so I guess it needed a different roof texture(s) on some houses as seen in the picture?

brads3

embx61

brads3

10 sets of 3 except the garrison and hoxie. plus 3 sets of 3 additions.

brads3

i gave you a middle and a higher for the build requirements. the 1st 3 houses don't require lumber. the additions all require lumber.this is based on the upgraded to CC set. i didn't put the original file back into the winData.

brads3

still shake my head at you redoing this set. with the file i had,you could have used it . i understand we couldn't expand it without having 2 different mods. it would have been fine too save the work though.of course i trust you all. maybe you can use the ao or what and make the file smaller.

embx61

I did not know it was a set by itself and thought that it was integrated with CC.

Because the state of Black liquid with several of their key modders MIA Pilgrim wanted it out of CC as a stand alone mod.

Now I understand there is all ready a stand alone PKM for it but he is still missing the sources though as BL has them and he gets no answer to his request for the source code.

So now to make the sets as a stand alone Mod and redo the source code so it is usable for maybe future updates.

brads3

yea,PILGRIM made it last christmas. the file i sent is the original before it was added into CC.i found it in my backup files. to bad we can't reverse engineer them. some things might be helpful.