News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: South Africa In Progress

Started by angainor88, August 19, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

angainor88

Ah, it's two different buildings 4x4 plus road on both sides of the corner.

Yeah those railings took a while to figure out how to do haha, but in the end are not too hard (it's just getting the transparencies to show up).

angainor88

And in the fastest house I've ever built, here is the Corbelled House. It's gonna be a small 2x2 house.

Now there's one left in the housing set before I can go back to the non housing set :P

kid1293

Lovely building!
Just one note. You can't line up road with the door on a 2 tile side.
Besides, it is barely room to have any bed in there. Are they really that small?
Suggest you make it 3x3 (simply size x and y)

RedKetchup

i agree with kid ....
you should make it bigger, it is as big as a backyard shed or outhouse :D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

That is an interesting house style and another house style from real life I had never known about that I learned about from you, aingainor88. This game has wound up being a bit of a culture and history lesson aside from a game, thanks to the modders.  :)

I agree that it should be larger than 2x2, unless you want that tiny one to be a storage building, which the people also used that style for.

Maldrick

Quote from: galensgranny on January 06, 2018, 07:39:32 PM
That is an interesting house style and another house style from real life I had never known about that I learned about from you, aingainor88. This game has wound up being a bit of a culture and history lesson aside from a game, thanks to the modders.  :)

Totally agree!  Lots of architectural styles I might have seen but never paid attention to before getting into the mods for this game.  This one being noteworthy as I know nothing about South African architecture at all.  Really love the houses and the market is beautiful looking.  Interested to see how it all goes together.

Do you find you pay more attention to buildings in general since playing with mods?  I've always appreciated a nice building, but I catch myself really looking at everything now.  There's a house in my neighborhood I've seen thousands of times and never appreciated how unique it is.  Looks like it could be included in kid's Houses for Sale set.  Was stopped in traffic the other day and found myself admiring the roof on a tool shed or something and matching garage behind a house.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

galensgranny

Quote from: Maldrick on January 06, 2018, 08:31:53 PM
Totally agree!  Lots of architectural styles I might have seen but never paid attention to before getting into the mods for this game.  This one being noteworthy as I know nothing about South African architecture at all.  Really love the houses and the market is beautiful looking.  Interested to see how it all goes together.

Do you find you pay more attention to buildings in general since playing with mods?  I've always appreciated a nice building, but I catch myself really looking at everything now.  There's a house in my neighborhood I've seen thousands of times and never appreciated how unique it is.  Looks like it could be included in kid's Houses for Sale set.  Was stopped in traffic the other day and found myself admiring the roof on a tool shed or something and matching garage behind a house.

I have been as you, Maldrick, noticing buildings more, but also how they look like one from the game.    Not long ago I passed a house and instantly thought, "Hey, that's one of Red Ketchup's houses!"  ;D

angainor88

Yeah 2x2 is a bit small in game. I was debating if I should make it bigger...

Yeah I've always kinda been interested in architecture (of homes and stuff, because there are a lot of beautiful ones in my city). But I've been doing a lot of research for these mods and learning a lot :P

angainor88

Well it's the final house for the housing set. I am not entirely happy with it because I couldn't quite make the texture look right...

I am going to hopefully get the whole thing as a download tomorrow :)

But, anyway, here is the Zulu house.

galensgranny

That Zulu house is a very different style of house from what I am used to!  Very interesting!

Gatherer

What would go nice with the Zulu house are some curved palisades to create a full kraal set.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

angainor88

Got the next part finished :)

This is the Cape Town Bar (I am going to try to build a second floor house for it, if I can get that to work...)

galensgranny

I love the style of your Capetown bar!  Good luck with the second floor house! :)