request - stackable forester/hunter/gatherer/herbalist buildings

Started by poop4, August 28, 2017, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Wow, very nice especially with the empty roof piece.  Thanks, Kid  :)

grammycat

This is a wish I didn't even know I had until you created it-thank you Kid.

poop4

truly you are a kid- i mean king among men!
thank you so much, i'll be trying it out immediately!

brads3

hmmmm ghosted??? so  now you could build the 4 tight together and then overlay the entire set with a house or stoage barn??

kid1293

Quote from: brads3 on September 02, 2017, 10:26:16 AM
hmmmm ghosted??? so  now you could build the 4 tight together and then overlay the entire set with a house or stoage barn??

Yes, but you will not be able to click them.

poop4

i've been playing with this, and i really like it. i tried, once again, to get the modkit to work, but i'm too much of a Mac guy to figure out why it doesn't, so...
is there any way to make all the buildings have the same stats and costs as the vanilla buildings? the radii could all be the same size (probably whatever the forester's is), but being able to build all of these for so few resources and only have 2 workers per building is bumming me out a little. i know it doesn't make sense, but neither does having to build a building to gather mushrooms

Abandoned

Big buildings hold more workers and need more resources to build.  I thought these small combo workstations would have only 1 worker, I like that they have 2. Nice  :)

embx61

What Banished soon is in dire need of is a Labor Union.  :P  ::)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

EB do you want to go on strike?LOL seriously i wish we could send a set number here and there at times. such as my super vendor that i never was able to replicate. :-[     or to send x amount of bannies to clear ground and still have crews to supply builders,set some to collect food. in larger maps or longer games,it would help. we send the workers one way and then build an area and then send them wayyy over to a different spot.takes the bannies time to reset and move around.the game does have its limits. i suppose we could use DS's idea of the moving cart. where is he anyhow? a set of carts that act as storage,quick to build so you can "move them easily".set it in a new area,and assign maybe 4 workers to it. then the cart acts like a forester on cut only,a gatherer,and a iron and stone collector.i doubt 1 cart could do all of it.

QueryEverything

As most long-timers here know I've had a bug in my bonnet about the massive sized workers areas, but no storage / living since the start when it came to the vanilla buildings, it was/is such a waste of space.  The workers still have to do the work regardless.

But, for those that argue against smaller buildings, as being 'easier', a little cheatier, etc (let's ignore the fact the buildings are just placeholders) - it's actually quite the exact opposite.

By now adding a tiny footprint, we are gaining (6+ tiles), meaning the Bannies now have to work those additional 6+ tiles, sure we get a little food from it - but, we're not making it easier on the Bannie to do so.  ;)

That by the way is not a complaint, I'm just devil advocating a little here ;0)  Hahaha.

I use a wide range of worker buildings, from the small (Tiny set), through to the large, Vanilla+ sized ones - from each of the modders here, and each one has a specific use.  I just really happen to come on to the side of - these production buildings are placeholders, they will be hidden by the forest, we more than penalise the Bannies by the way of large storage, or housing - or, small storage, with small caps - or overweight produce (mushrooms anyone?!?!)  Or, undervalued items (logs).  I think it doesn't hurt to have balanced game options - as in - a range of choice, to suit different gameplay.

I love this set from @kid1293 I think it's a marvellous addition, fabulous for the forest setup, or even for the middle of town to cultivate a lush forest garden, yard.  But, equally so I love @RedKetchup new release with his modular range, build-a-workshop, it looks incredible too.

Both new sets will draw different people, game play styles - as well as the regulars, who support their modding family, and will find a way to use the mods - because it's what we do. :0)

I look forward to getting this loaded, I think it's a little winner.  Great work @kid1293 :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]