request - stackable forester/hunter/gatherer/herbalist buildings

Started by poop4, August 28, 2017, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poop4

i've always hated, when making a forester/hunter/gatherer/herbalist cluster, how the radii become like a venn diagram, with some inevitable spillover on the sides.
i'd love a multi-story setup for these buildings, like the 3 story houses people have made, so the centers of all the buildings would align, their radii would be concentric, and there would be a much smaller footprint for all of these buildings. just a thought, let me know if it's dumb/impossible.

TheOtherMicheal

I don't think it's dumb but I have no idea if it's possible. Hopefully one of the modders here will be able to answer that question.
I am also hoping that it can be done because while I don't mind the overlap of the different radii, I would love to have the option to place all these buildings in some of the tighter spots on tha map.

brads3

would a hunting type lodge work? say 1 larger building but with modular pieces to add to it. consisting of housing,storage,and gatherer and hunting pieces? say 2nd floor residences for 2 families.it would still have the individual circles but would be more compact.

Abandoned

Hi guys, I don't think it is possible to stack the professions but I would think each one could have a 2nd floor residence added like Kid's towers or Red's old bakery, blacksmith, and tailor.  Perhaps a small rowhouse type complex would work or the mini or tiny pieces under a covering roof, the work radius would be smaller though.

poop4

these are all good ideas.
and just so everyone is clear as to what i'm asking, i've included this pic of a forester lodge with redketchup's 3-story house levels 2 and 3 on top of it. it would look something like this, but the other levels would be a gatherers hut and hunting cabin, etc. the buildings in the pic don't line up since they're different widths, but hopefully this illustrates my request better.

brads3

i think i get the idea but how tall do you want it? is it practicle to the bannies? if you stack all of those a hunter,forester,herbalist,and gatherer;that is 4 levels not counting housing.plus to function it still requires 2 storages<1 food,1 logs or material> and a wood cutter. see the problem?that is why i thought of a lodge idea,where you can place small pieces but modularly so it uses less ground space. the poor bannies too,you want them to walk all over the forest collecting then come home  and climb way up there ^^^^^^.
   taking several mod variations or ideas and combining them try this: 1 square for each hunter,herbalist,gatherer,forester so a 2x2 sqare space total.add storage to both sides of 2x2. total ground space of 2x6 plus add a walk area and a wood cutter, you are still at about 3x6.most players would want more storage so probly look better at 4x8 total which would give 2 residences above at 4x4 each.

poop4

honestly, i don't need houses or storage, i'm fine with them walking out of the "zone" to eat and drop stuff off, etc.
it would really just be the 4 buildings (forester, hunting, gatherer, herbalist)

Tom Sawyer

Sounds like a multistory business center for forestry and related industries or so. ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

feneris

Maybe have a "forest outpost" building, that acts as a gatherer. Then have other buildings that can fit as wings of the outpost or as standalone buildings. Things like "Tree nursery" for the forester, "trophy hall" for the hunter, and "drying shed" for the herbalist. Heck, you could even add "bunk rooms" that act as small homes.

poop4

tom and red,
is this already a mod? has this already been suggested? i searched but didn't find anything

RedKetchup

Quote from: poop4 on August 30, 2017, 11:57:34 PM
tom and red,
is this already a mod? has this already been suggested? i searched but didn't find anything

nan nothing has been done yet
but if you can give some time... one of us can do something :)
( i presently try to finish all crops/orchards... so after, i ll personally check for something if the others didnt made anything :) )
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

poop4

red, that would be wonderful!
no rush, i'm grateful you're even considering it

twilightbreeze

How about this:

4 small buildings, one for each proffession, can be used standalone, but when put together make one building. Like addon to sides of houses, only standalone, and you can butt them up against each other and it looks like one building.

Just take one building, cut into 4 parts, make them standalone, yet each a separate profession, that they then can just put together, and the circle over laps for one circle. Hope that was clear.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

poop4

i was thinking something like that could work, and definitely for lessening the footprint, but my OCD would hate that the circles were one or two squares off of eachother