Author Topic: NMT3.0Series: Forest Center for 1.0.7  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
Re: NMT3.0Series: Forest Center for 1.0.7
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
@RedKetchup I played around with your Forest Center and I have a question because the feeling you found something interesting. Your path tiles are a road object with a special map type, right? And your districts require this map type so I have to prepare the ground for them .. But what the hell is the type? It seems not to be Fast or Faster, also not Occasional or something else. Can you tell us? :)

Offline galensgranny

• Trader
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »
The ghosted houses thing is a moot point. A house has to have some kind of footprint. Shock and I tried it when we initially started playing around with the modular construction aspect of the New England Mod. If the house doesn't have a footprint, the bannies never occupy it.

"Ghost" is not the right term then, for what I was meaning.  Kid made "floating" higher floors in his stone house set.  There must be a foot print somewhere then, but his higher levels can be put on top of other buildings, not only the base floor for his set, and bannies move in.

Offline Paeng

• Banished Expert
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 03:30:18 PM »
Kid made "floating" higher floors in his stone house set.  There must be a foot print somewhere then, but his higher levels can be put on top of other buildings, not only the base floor for his set, and bannies move in.

Yes, that's the same like Red's "overlay technique"... the actual footprint is a 1x4 strip (or could even be a 1x1 spot), the rest of the model is just overhanging.

Red kinda initiated it, Kid is using it, CC uses it (quay houses), the North uses it for the tavern or the school... in my opinion it's totally valid method to create e.g. a second floor, and many other uses.

:)
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
@RedKetchup I played around with your Forest Center and I have a question because the feeling you found something interesting. Your path tiles are a road object with a special map type, right? And your districts require this map type so I have to prepare the ground for them .. But what the hell is the type? It seems not to be Fast or Faster, also not Occasional or something else. Can you tell us? :)

there is another one valid :
PathType _pathType = Tunnel :)

Tunnel is more obscur than the other ones and found only inside 1 template but as legit as all the other :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:01:24 PM by RedKetchup »
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline Tom Sawyer

• Modders
  • Architect
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »
Ahh.. Thank you for clarification. Clever idea. So you invented a new special building requirement of preparing a building site for certain constructions. I don't have a concrete idea but maybe it also can be used for something else one day.

Online RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »
to know all the apects of what i did... you can download the source code in the Laboratory section :) i know you have access :) you are member of "modders" group.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Paypal Donations < < <
Click here to PayPal Donate.

Offline carolinafan95

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
Thanks for the lumber mill, I'll add it to my next gameplay. Keep up the great work. :)

Offline katbarf

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 02:03:04 AM »
This is beautiful. Thank you for making it. I was a little derp and couldn't get it to work. My workers were taking forever to build the "road" part but had built the forest center first.