News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

NMT3.0Series: Forest Center for 1.0.7 version 3.3 *Updated*

Started by RedKetchup, September 08, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Thanks for update, Red, and for adding stand alone, nice.  :)

adelegarland

I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kristahfer

@RedKetchup The updates work fantastically. I really like the change in ground cover. Great work.

adelegarland

@RedKetchup I am using these in all my new settlements!  They look great and work fantastically well.  One suggestion, additional workers in the Herbalist.  Otherwise, perfection!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Paeng

Just now playing with the new Forest Center... cool idea, saving some space, too...  :)

Since the "Districts" are modular, would it be possible to make one with housing? A dream would be a 2-storey overlap(tm) house...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 18, 2017, 04:10:02 AM
Just now playing with the new Forest Center... cool idea, saving some space, too...  :)

Since the "Districts" are modular, would it be possible to make one with housing? A dream would be a 2-storey overlap(tm) house...  :)

the big thing i am scared about housing in districts... since they only have "road" tiles (3x3 of my special road tiles)... you can click and put as many as you want in the district. knowing alot of people dont care to cheat... i am scared that some people will put 50 of these housing in 1 distrct.

i already thought about that ... the idea i've got was to make a "forest theme housing" : which i thought to call : Camping District.
but like i said, i am kinda scared some people will awefully cheat with that.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Goblin Girl

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this, but if they cheat, who cares?  It's a single player game, so it's only their own experience they'll be ruining.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 18, 2017, 04:58:28 AMscared some people will awefully cheat with that.

Well, my feeling is you should not take such a burden onto your shoulders... I mean you can't hinder folks who want to "cheat" - they'll always find a way anyway.

Maybe that's just the way they like to play, but basically all they do is cheat themselves... I'm with GoblinGirl on that one.

I alway figured that modders work for thinking players, not the casuals who just want to plop together a huge city with some simple mouseclicks.   :-X  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

While I agree with you Goblin Girl that some people cheat does not mean that some modders want to supply mods so to they can cheat with them.

I am in that same boat as Red and I just have a hard time producing cheats.
I have not any fun creating cheats as I would never play with them so why should I create a Mod I will never play with myself?
To please the cheaters?

I think you have to look at it from this angle what Red means.

Some other Modders have a different view and just try to make everybody happy so do create cheats for them when requested.
All fair and square as nobody is forced to play with them but not all modders can just as easily create cheats.
There are also gray area's what is a cheat and not.
Is ghosted a cheat?
As it is mostly decoration (No real gameplay mechanics value but just visual) I not see it as a cheat.

Some can say the overlap technology is a cheat too but houses 2 or 3 floors was a common thing in medieval towns so not out of place.
There is a reason Red called it New Medieval Town.

How I feel about tiny 1x1 production buildings which produce the same as their bigger counter parts is well known and not going to debate it further.

But I will never play with them, so I will not mod them.

Now we have 6 (or more) building requirements I already read 'complaints' that buildings would need lumber to be build in the near future.
God forbid the players have to DO something in game like setting up 1 easy extra chain to create lumber from logs.
No, everything has to be so easy even a Cave man can do it.

Now some modders will even refrain from using lumber as a building requirement so the players who like to see this added are left in the cold and so the cheats are soon ruling the Banished World.

All that tiny stuff released have done it's magic on sizes too as even a 4x4 house is considered big these days by quite a few.
It is mostly all about being easy, tiny, and cheap to build and it just saddens me as even my beloved wife, who was not a avid gamer at all, never had any problems playing Banished without the tiny stuff and even she considered them as a way what make the game way too easy. Go figure.

Why the cheaters not just use Debug to cheat is beyond me. Let them use Debug and there is no need for tiny stuff as 1 click on a button gives you instantly Free to build, more peeps, more Iron, more wood, more food, and so on and on. Select so that bannies not freeze to death and die from hunger and they hardly have to build anything at all.

So at last, it is not about this or that mod, it is the overall idea what I sense that about everything has to be easy, cheap, and tiny so that a failure is not even possible anymore.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Gatherer

But we're not all playing Banished as a survival game. For me it has become a city builder. I don't mind simple production chains and I will gladly use lumber as a building requirement.

All of you have valid points. So how do we decide who is more right?

Personally I would like to see ghosted houses for Forest Center and I'm not a "cheater".
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

embx61

Quote from: Abandoned on September 18, 2017, 03:16:24 PM
Unbelievable

"@RedKetchup , please tell me that all these beautiful buildings you are making are not going to require a production chain of lumber? If all the great new sets are going to require iron ore production and lumber chains I think Banished will soon be losing more member. 

And please no one tell me "if you don't like it don't use it"   I won't."

and

" :) good to know, thanks Red, I would hate not to be able to use your great new NMT buildings, they are fantastic."

and

"The big problem, more steps, more workers needed.   ??? "

I agree a 100% that the above IS indeed unbelievable   ::)

As long as it is not easy, tiny and/or cheap it is not worth playing with. I get the message!

yeah, the NMT buildings are fantastic but not fantastic enough to build up a easy lumber chain to see them in their glory it seems.  ::)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

grammycat

You cannot tell an artist how to create-it comes from within.  I think your love for the game inspires your work so do it your way, and I'm glad you share it with us non-modders.  I just recently started using the iron ore conversion chain and found I liked it very much so maybe lumber will be similar.

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 18, 2017, 04:58:28 AM
Quote from: Paeng on September 18, 2017, 04:10:02 AM

the big thing i am scared about housing in districts... since they only have "road" tiles (3x3 of my special road tiles)... you can click and put as many as you want in the district. knowing alot of people dont care to cheat... i am scared that some people will put 50 of these housing in 1 distrct.

i already thought about that ... the idea i've got was to make a "forest theme housing" : which i thought to call : Camping District.
but like i said, i am kinda scared some people will awefully cheat with that.

I always thought it weird that even though there are buildings for forester, gatherer, hunter and herbalist, that the workers can't use them to warm up while working.  They don't even store things in them.  The buildings take up so much space, but the buildings themselves are of no use.  That's why I like the small  versions, just a person with his bow (or gun?), person with a basket, etc.  They don't really need a useless building. 

So, I also think it would be great to have an overlapping house on your Forest Center buildings, Red Ketchup.  Then it would be more like the buildings for the hunter, gatherer, herbalist and forester are actual buildings that people can go into to get warm, and a bite to eat.  I like your forest center very much.  Or, if it is possible, maybe the buildings can be made to store what the people hunt or gather, but that probably isn't doable (that's how it should have been originally, in my opinion).

I don't understand any concerns about supposed "cheating", since Banished is not a multiplayer game.  People play in all sorts of ways, sometimes just as a "style a city" without wanting to play the game.  I do that sometimes.  Sometimes I use the debug menu to supply the needs of the people while I experiment with the different buildings that I am not all that familiar with.   Sometimes one just wants to escape reality for a bit without having to plan or think much, making pretty towns just for looks.  When I want to actually concentrate and plan, then I actually play The Game.   

Quote from: embx61 on September 18, 2017, 01:52:55 PM
So at last, it is not about this or that mod, it is the overall idea what I sense that about everything has to be easy, cheap, and tiny so that a failure is not even possible anymore.

That is not so.  Not in general. 

You really do not like tiny, embx61!   Well, I like all sizes.  Some big, some medium and small.  There is a place for all sizes, even within the same town.  Just like in real life, there are large, medium and small houses and large, medium and small work places.

I am glad that there are several modders and they don't all have the same ideas about things, since not all players have the same ideas about how they would like the game.   Even the same person switches up how they play at different times. There is no one right way.