News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

NMT3.0Series: Forest Center for 1.0.7 version 3.3 *Updated*

Started by RedKetchup, September 08, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

@RedKetchup I played around with your Forest Center and I have a question because the feeling you found something interesting. Your path tiles are a road object with a special map type, right? And your districts require this map type so I have to prepare the ground for them .. But what the hell is the type? It seems not to be Fast or Faster, also not Occasional or something else. Can you tell us? :)

galensgranny

Quote from: The Pilgrim on September 19, 2017, 09:25:33 AM
The ghosted houses thing is a moot point. A house has to have some kind of footprint. Shock and I tried it when we initially started playing around with the modular construction aspect of the New England Mod. If the house doesn't have a footprint, the bannies never occupy it.

"Ghost" is not the right term then, for what I was meaning.  Kid made "floating" higher floors in his stone house set.  There must be a foot print somewhere then, but his higher levels can be put on top of other buildings, not only the base floor for his set, and bannies move in.

Paeng

Quote from: galensgranny on September 19, 2017, 12:12:49 PMKid made "floating" higher floors in his stone house set.  There must be a foot print somewhere then, but his higher levels can be put on top of other buildings, not only the base floor for his set, and bannies move in.

Yes, that's the same like Red's "overlay technique"... the actual footprint is a 1x4 strip (or could even be a 1x1 spot), the rest of the model is just overhanging.

Red kinda initiated it, Kid is using it, CC uses it (quay houses), the North uses it for the tavern or the school... in my opinion it's totally valid method to create e.g. a second floor, and many other uses.

:)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 19, 2017, 11:34:08 AM
@RedKetchup I played around with your Forest Center and I have a question because the feeling you found something interesting. Your path tiles are a road object with a special map type, right? And your districts require this map type so I have to prepare the ground for them .. But what the hell is the type? It seems not to be Fast or Faster, also not Occasional or something else. Can you tell us? :)

there is another one valid :
PathType _pathType = Tunnel :)

Tunnel is more obscur than the other ones and found only inside 1 template but as legit as all the other :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Ahh.. Thank you for clarification. Clever idea. So you invented a new special building requirement of preparing a building site for certain constructions. I don't have a concrete idea but maybe it also can be used for something else one day.

RedKetchup

to know all the apects of what i did... you can download the source code in the Laboratory section :) i know you have access :) you are member of "modders" group.

carolinafan95

Thanks for the lumber mill, I'll add it to my next gameplay. Keep up the great work. :)

katbarf

This is beautiful. Thank you for making it. I was a little derp and couldn't get it to work. My workers were taking forever to build the "road" part but had built the forest center first.

RedKetchup

3.3 UPDATE:
- Changed the numbers of the Lumbermill stand-alone and Lumbermill District. instead to use 5 logs to make lumbers, you only need 2 logs now.

Roughwaves

Great mod, thanks for making it.
Ran into one problem though, I was playing muted and clicked to place a forestry building on the created 'roads' and didn't hear the placement sound, so I clicked again... and again.. and again. And tried another building, on another spot, clicked several times.... Long story short, I have a builder requirement of about 100 now just for that area, and my poor bannies and building buildings under buildings, constantly bring resources.

I tried trashing the district, romavin gthe roads afterward, messing with terrain elevation, removing buildings, to no effect. Am I missing something or should I just load a previous save? Or eat the time/resources(possibly game killing at this point).

Cheers!

RedKetchup

yeah thats an error you will never make again. the idea is good but ... the execution is not great.

next time , do not click a dozen of time.

sorry if that has big flaws.

Hawk

I've run into similar issues as @Roughwaves did. For some reason I have no sound when playing Banished, although I have sound in all other games.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 03, 2018, 02:41:45 AM
I've run into similar issues as @Roughwaves did. For some reason I have no sound when playing Banished, although I have sound in all other games.

it is built on 100% road blocks maybe thats the reason the game doesnt give the sound of it :( we absolutely have no control on that, thats game code

Hawk

I know the mods don't have anything to do with my lack of sound. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

If I remember correctly, the issue is the Forest center buildings don't make a spot on the ground when placed, before building.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]